“Nice place to stay”

Holiday Inn Gaithersburg
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Gaithersburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed at this property for more than a week. The rooms were clean and fresh. The staff was outstanding, especially Mohmmed Khan. When an issue arose, he resolved it. People look for places that never have an issue, but they don't exist. Finding a place to stay that corrects issues ( or at least try) as fast as humanly possible is rare in my travels. They have a restaurant, breakfast is pricey, but the dinners in the club was more than adequate. They have a clean guest laundry and a gift/snack shop. I would stay here again. I would bring my family here as well.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I travel a lot in my business. A lot of time is spent in the Maryland area. Any time I'm even remotely close to this fantastic property it is where I stay. The staff is fantastic! Isidro and Barrack our two shining examples of this! The hotel is nicely done, food is great and the bar is nice and friendly. Alan does a great job! Take my advice and stay at this hotel whenever you can!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We were looking for a one-night getaway and had booked a king room. After asking about any available upgraded rooms, we were upgraded to the largest, most beautiful room in the hotel for the same price as a regular room! The suite was beautiful and extremely comfortable, with a sauna, enormous bathroom, dinette area, and very comfortable bed. There was some noise from the hallway in the morning, but not too bad. Free wifi, heated pool and whirpool, and nearby mall made an incredible vacation! Staff were overly accommodating and eager to please. We would come back in a flash!

Room Tip: ask if any upgrades are available!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
katie d, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your recent stay. I am so pleased we were able to give your our suite as an upgrade. WE strive daily for 100% guest satisfaction, and my team and I are thrilled we "wowed" you and your family.

Please come back to see us any time!

Katie Doherty, CHA

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We had lunch at the restaurant last week and the food was AMAZING! But the desserts were to die for! I have the key lime pie (made in house) and Diane had the homemade bread pudding. I asked to speak to the executive chef Tom Hughbanks.
Looking forward to going back again with my husband and clients.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

thank you for dinning in our Village Park Cafe. We are pleased you enjoyed the food, especially the desserts! We are thankful to have Tom, our Executive Chef, on our Executive team. he brings a great deal of creativity to our food and beverage operation. He is also responsible for the quality of food in our O’Malley’s Pub as well as all of our catering.

Please reach out if we can be of service for any local meetings and or catering needs in the near future.

Katie Doherty, CHA

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed here 3 times in the past year because my company holds quarterly sales meetings here . My company prepays for the employees rooms on the company credit card. And the credit card Is also kept on file for incidentals. My company spends lots of money here, not only on rooms but catering, meeting rooms, etc. The rooms are decent for the most part but it's not the cleanest place I've ever stayed at and the fitness room could use some help too. Like keeping the mirrors clean from people's sweat and keeping gym wipes refilled. But the worst is this......I was horrified when I returned home and began balancing my checking account online only to see a charge for something that I knew I didn't authorize. I didn't even have my Master Card with me on this trip, so I called my bank and Master Card.... And yep.... This Holiday Inn charged my credit card without my authorizing for no reason ! They apparently stored my information in their system! Without my approval or knowledge....This is exactly why I DO NOT GIVE A CARD FOR INCIDENTALS any longer! If a company pays upfront there is no reason for the Holiday Inn to have my credit card as well. I told the front desk guy this but he decided he would use my information without telling me! Stealing is what this is called! I asked MasterCard if this is allowed they said absolutely NOT and EXPLAINED that there are strict laws in place regarding keeping peoples banking and credit card information stored! But to charge me without authorizing! What a snake!
I have called the Holiday Inn and the night manager said he will make sure the charges are reversed tonight....we shall see. I will let my company know about this tomorrow and I will be contacting the higher ups at Holiday Inn I regarding this matter. Why are they have storing my credit card number from early May....it's August! I can understand perhaps 14 days after a guest stays but 3 months? No way .....this is wrong! I will never again give ANY CC to a Holiday Inn ... This is an outrage and explains why Holiday Inn is struggling! Dishonest!

1  Thank Rebecca W
katie d, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you so much for your business. I sincerely apologize for this breach with your credit card. Thank you for bringing this incident to our attention. I do not believe in excuses, but I do want to let you know this is not a practice that is acceptable to me or my team, and the employee in question has been counseled. We do ask for a credit card to be authorized in the amount of $30 in case of room service or any other charges to the room other than room and tax. If a guest does not want to give the card at check in, they should just be informed they will not be able to charge anything to the room. I have indeed been in touch with both you and your bank, and this whole situation should have been resolved at this time. The authorization of credit in the amount of $30.00 should have dropped off according to your financial institution.
I also woudl liek you to know, it is in our Capital Plan to completely renovate and expand our Fitness Center in the next 6 months. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Please reach out to me directly if I can be of further assistance,

Isidro Alberto
Guest Service Manger

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was just at the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg for an entire week because of a soccer tournament. We were assigned to this hotel and I'm happy to report that it really did exceed my expectations.

The room itself was really attractive. It wasn't particularly spacious but it was plenty big enough and comfortable. Free wifi worked well. There were two reading lights for each bed and plenty of outlets for charging our electronics and a rolling simple desk surface that provided ample space to lay things out. The a/c worked well and wasn't too loud, which I've experienced elsewhere and appreciated. Curtains kept the room dark when we wanted to sleep. The place was spotless. Even the laundry room was nice and well maintained with enough machines to handle the hotel full of athletes.

Breakfast the first day was insufficient but after that the staff really responded to our requests and the boys had fresh fruit, milk, juice, muffins, eggs and cereal, plenty to fuel them for the upcoming day's games.

From the moment we checked in the staff could not have been more helpful and pleasant. We chatted every time we came in or out, as they supported all the teams.

The fitness room was ok, but could benefit from a real elliptical machine and better ventilation. Still I used it most days. The pool area is nice and also very clean.

The location for our purposes was excellent. It's near malls, shopping, restaurants and pretty much anything you might need, including Starbucks.

In the evening many of the parents enjoyed the O'Malley's bar downstairs.

This hotel pays attention to details and the staff lifts it far above the ordinary. I'd go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We chose hotel because it was close to a family member we were visiting. The room was a little small but otherwise very clean. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We did try Pub downstairs and thought it was okay but would not eat there again. We were able to find restaurants within walking distance and there is a mall down the street. We would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family