Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My family and I stayed at the hotel over Thanksgiving break; the staff was fantastic. Amy at the front desk was very accomodating and took time to ensure that my reservation requests were handled properly. She recalled my name upon site as I was checking out, which was a nice touch. The staff that we came into contact with were very personable. Excellent location, will definately be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Lawrence - thanks for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor about your stay with us over Thanksgiving. Amy is great and we'll make sure she's recognized appropriately. We'll hope to see you again at the Gaithersburg Marriott on your next trip to the area.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 3 December 2013

My stay at this hotel achieved my most important requirement, no hassles. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I will definitely consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting about your stay at the Gaithersburg Marriott on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that it was hassle-free. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stay here every time we visit the area. Convenient to the interstate, no hassle free parking, walk to dining and shopping at Rio, walk around the lake. Recently remodeled inside and very nice. Staff top notch. Weekend rates very good, a little pricey during the week.

• Stayed: August 2013
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Hello Mike -- thanks for taking the time to post about your stay with us at the Gaithersburg Marriott on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you had a nice weekend and enjoyed the amenities of the hotel. Complimentary parking is definitely an asset that our guests enjoy. We'll see you on your next weekend getaway.

Regards,

Reviewed 18 November 2013

This hotel is quite near to my house. I also have a lake in my backyard so when I was offered a one-night stay at the Marriott Washingtonian Center, I had to think about it. Am I glad I took this gift from my generous sister!

What really made me decide to stay here was the convenience of the theaters near it and the oh so many dining places. Cafe de Luxe, Nando's Peri Peri, and California Kitchen are my favorites! So I asked a girlfriend to join me that night and she was happy to do it. We needed to be away from house chores and just have fun. Sometimes also away from your good husband. Girls should also have a night out.

You don't need to be on vacation to stay here. I think all of us needs a break once in a while where our bedroom is made up the next day and you can get service any time of the day or night. Since it's near our neighborhood, Rio is a place frequented by friends. That night, we had some visitors who ate dinner there and they visited us in our hotel room on the 9th floor. They loved the view from our hotel especially that you can see the water and the trees from afar bursting in fall colors. We had a great time with friends and then my 11 year old nephew called and asked us to join them for dinner at California Kitchen. All we had to do was walk out of our hotel and we were there in less than 5 minutes.

Later, we decided to see a movie at 9:15 p.m. We saw "Great Expectations" and not really our type of movie. There was only two of us and later two more came for a total of 6 for the entire viewing of that movie. It just wasn't our type of movie at all. But the movie did pick up after a long while. Thank God I wasn't going to drive home since home that night was Marriott hotel and we were spared from driving to our real homes.

When we got to the hotel and getting ready to sleep, I noticed the comforters! They don't use those bulky comforters anymore and the color was pure sparkling white you knew it was clean! These are my kind of comforters. I LOVE IT!

Dunes Manor Hotel in Ocean City did this too and got rid of those bulky comforters that probably don't get washed as often as we'd like. But these very thin covers were fantastic! The bed was very comfortable and my back was so happy sleeping in it. We really slept very well that night. We slept so good that I overslept. That never happens to me at home. My body has it's own built-in alarm clock and I wake up at 6:00 a.m. everyday even on weekends. By the time we finished dressing up, it was time to check out at noon.

So if you just want to have a night out with girlfriends, please do not hesitate to stay here. I strongly recommend it!

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floors for a good view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Parisbreakfast

Thanks so much for your detailed and thoughtful review of the Gaithesrburg Marriott. It's great to read a recap with such energy and excitement behind it such as yours. I'm so happy to see that you enjoyed your staycation! We'll look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Hotel room was great, food was excellent in the restaurant. Problem was with the bar. I was over charged 3 drinks and spoken to rudely by the female bartender while the male bartender just stood and watched. The women had a foul mouth with what was obviously regular customers because they didn't mind. I was called "honey" by the long haired women who I think was in charge. She did nothing to stop the vulgar conversation. To bad after all of the new renovations they didn't find good help. This wouldn't deter me from staying at the hotel but I will not return to the restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2013
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel but was saddened to learn of your experience with our bar staff. I would like to speak with you more about this incident. Please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel at 301-590-0044, at your convenience so I can make sure to address this appropriately.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

This is a pretty average Marriot. I was here for 3 days for a workshop. The rooms were clean and the staff friendly. The furniture and TV were what you would expect. Below average in room coffee. Good security. There are computers and free WiFi in the lobby. Free parking. The mall area adjacent to the property is handy and has a movie theater and some decent restaurants that aren't too expensive. The property is quite attractive with a short lake walk available. The food in their own restaurant was average with medium prices. The catered breakfasts and lunches for our meeting were below average with stale bagels and grocery store quality sweet rolls. It is next to the Interstate highway but noise from that or the hallway did not seem to be an issue.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed most of our hotel and am sorry to hear about the concerns regarding the meeting room food. I would like to discuss further with you so I can learn of the details to make sure this is addressed appropriately. Please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel at 301-590-0044.

Regards,

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I have been visiting this hotel since the Rio next door was being constructed, a few+ years. Fifteen yrs ago, our daughter moved to the area and we used this hotel for her wedding room blocks and a hospitality suite for our guests. We have since stayed here off and on over the years and watched the area grow. This past weekend we were visiting and stayed for two evenings. On this visit we first took notice that the restaurant had been renovated, but I have no idea when, since we often arrive late and leave early. Despite renovations, basically nothing has changed. The friendly reception and service is the same, the beds still rate among the most comfortable. This very hotel is the one of the reasons we stay in Marriotts. The ability to walk around the "lake" for exercise, convenience of the entertainment center, cineplex, and restaurants only add to the location of this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

It's so nice to hear how our hotel has been able to be a part of your lives over the years. Stories like yours are why it is our pleasure to serve our guests. Our new restaurant, The Bench, opened this past Spring along with our newly renovated lobby/greatroom and new Lakeside Ballroom. We're thrilled with the new space and I'm glad that you enjoyed it on your recent visit. We'll see you next time you're in Gaithersburg!

Director of Operations