“Employees great, room not so much”

TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Employees great, room not so much”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

First of all, the staff is phenomenal!! I stayed here last October and didn't have any issues. In fact, it was great. This visit has been less than favorable. My first day was Tuesday and the light on my phone was on and couldn't get it off. I've covered it up while I sleep. Then I realized the heater wasn't working properly. I had it up on 86 just to keep it decent. Terrance came over to check it and offered to move rooms. I declined because I had already unpacked everything. Yesterday, I came back from work to find that many of the TV channels, including The Weather Channel, did not have sound. Today, the issue has still not been resolved. Apparently it's a DirecTV issue. Sonny has been great and brought me a review card and, for my troubles, some goodies. If it weren't for the employees and the fact I'm here on business, I would have changed hotels. The staff is the best thing about this place. I'm not happy with quality of stay though. Not sure I will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Beverly C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed there for a month for relocation. The hotel is OK, staff at the front desk are nice.
The room was fine, but the room we first got had a very stinky sofa. We assumed it was pet's pee or something. We told the hotel staff about that and they changed it with another one promptly. But the staff mentioned "I don't smell anything" kind of accusing or doubting us, which was very annoying. Seriously, anybody should be able to smell that (my husband who is usually very not sensitive to smell could smell it!).

House keeping kept forgetting a right set of towels every day, so we had to call the front desk requesting additional towels every day...Breakfast is just a snack stand. We got tired of it within a few days and started to buy bread and other stuff by ourselves. There is a train track close to the hotel, so we constantly hear trains even through nights.

We prepaid for a month stay, but after we left, we received a bill charging for a pet. we never took our pet to the hotel. I called them and they refunded it immediately, but still, they were not organized in terms of reservation. However, we appreciate they were flexible when we had to make changes in check-in date multiple times.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
TPSGaithersburg, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you again for taking time to let us know how we are doing. I have printed your comments so that the entire staff here at the TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg can work on our service and delivery in an effort to ensure each and every guest can have a great experience. Please know that when we have a guest who has had a disappointing stay, we take the time to review the comments so that we can learn and improve on our ability to make sure that every guest is satisfied. Thank you again for your comments. Should you have any additional information to pass on to me please email me at dan.appolonio@bfsaul.com. Thank you again for staying with TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg.

Livingston NJ
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My 1 night stay here was one of the worst night's sleep I have ever had. I realize this is not the top end Marriott but consumers, at the minimum, expect to get sleep. We stayed here looking for a reaonably priced hotel for a family event -- we did, but were exhausted the next day from lack of sleep. The hotel is located next to train tracks and ALL NIGHT (almost ever hour) high speed trains came through, often blowing their whistles several times. OMG -- there should be full disclosure of this on their website or at least when you check in. Also, the hotel lobby smelled like cleaning solutions as if they were covering up some other smell. Our room did not smell fresh or good and some of the pillows smelled like sweat -- ugh!!! On the bright side, the staff was super friendly and they have a small continental breakfast in the morning in the (very small) lobby. That, however, is not enough to warrant staying here!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hipNJmom
TPSGaithersburg, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you again for taking time to let us know about your recent stay with TownePlace Suites by Marriott Gaithersburg. I do want to apologize for your stay being less than satisfactory. I have shared your comments and experience with my team and we will utilize it to improve our service and product, so that future guests have a great stay! Thank you again for taking time to let us know how we are doing. Should you have any additional comments or concerns please email me directly at dan.appolonio@bfsaul.com.

Dan Appolonio

Travellers are raving about these Gaithersburg hotels

Coimbatore, India
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed here on/off for 8 months on business travel. Great value for the money with quick access to the expressway. Most of the staff are very friendly and the rooms are spic & span. Would stay here again

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We enjoyed our stay and were delighted that we had a full kitchen which included a full-size refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher. The desk was great too - good lighting and size on which to do paper work (although we were there for pleasure). We agree that the TV should be on a swivel table since we like to watch TV in bed and the breakfast was sort of disappointing. I missed having hot food for breakfast and the coffee was very, very weak. Despite that, the desk clerks were always so friendly and the surroundings were lovely. I wish it had been warm enough to sit on the patio which has lots of tables and chairs and two fireplaces in addition to barbecue grills. For the price, you can't go wrong!

Green Features: we were asked to hang our towels to dry instead of using new ones each day. I like that idea!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This town place suites appears to be a rehabbed older hotel. The hallways are smelly and a bit beat up. Nice kitchen, space is a bit awkward--the TV is between the couch and the bed, but does not swivel so you can watch it in bed, you have to actually move the table. The windows were open when I arrived, I think to cover up the rancid smell that came out if the AC. I'm pretty sure I will never stay here again--should be $99 at the most.

• Stayed October 2013
TPSGaithersburg, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate all guest feedback, especially when it will help us improve our product and service. I am disappointed that your experience was not up to the standards you expected, and we will be working hard over the next few months to improve our product. I have shared your comments with the head of maintenance here at the TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg, and we are working on making sure that the AC units are up to par. Should you have any other comments or concerns please contact me via email at dan.appolonio@bfsaulco.com

Saint Paul, Minnesota, Usa
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed for several nights in July. No matter who was at the reception desk, we had terrific service - everyone was courteous and gracious -- especially Sunny who went out of his way to help us when we were checking in. We ended up with an upgrade, and it was wonderful to have so much room. The breakfast needs some major help! We visit this area often, and will continue to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
TPSGaithersburg, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Hello!

Thank you for taking time to let everyone know how you enjoyed your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg. The management and staff always enjoy hearing from our guests, and we are very appreciative of guests who share their comments. I have posted your comments for the entire staff to view, and it is great to see that our team provided the service you expected of TownePlace Suites. Thank you again for staying with us. Should you have any additional feedback please feel free to contact me at dan.appolonio@bfsaulco.com. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future.

Dan Appolonio, CHA