“Great location perfect for business and family travel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center

Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Holmdel
“Great location perfect for business and family travel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Wife had to attend conference nearby and me and the kids tagged along. The hotel staff, specially the manager are very helpful and attentive. We were made feel at home right away. Hotel includes breakfast and dinner buffet - a nice surprise. Room includes a full kitchen with everything you need to get going - from a full size fridge with ice maker to dishwasher detergent and everything in between. We had the smallest room (one bedroom with sofa bed in living room) and it worked fine for us during our short day stay. The area is great and very convenient to Washingtonian Center next door.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank onfus
RIGaithersburg, General Manager at Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Onfus,

I am thrilled that you had such a great stay while at the Residence Inn Gaithersburg. It is because of guests, such as yourself, that we love our business of hospitality. You make it so easy and give us incentive to be better each and every day.

We sincerely hope that you will come back and see us in the near future and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

All my best,
Karen Guinan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

We chose to stay at this hotel because of the location and it's pet friendliness. We have previously stayed at other Residence Inn properties, so we knew what to expect. The staff was friendly and there were no surprises. The inclusive breakfast was served in a very pleasant room and there was plenty of food to go around, even though the hotel was quite full. The only negative was that the furnishings in our suite seemed a bit worn. However, the room was clean & quiet so I can't really complain. There are several shops & restaurants, a gym & a movie theater within walking distance. Under the same circumstances, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed three nights at this hotel in a two-bedroom unit. It has a typical Residence Inn setup and is very clean. The employees are first rate, beginning with Rediet(sp?) who checked us in. The hotel is in walking distance to Washingtonian Center. There is an incline involved in the walk so take this into consideration if anyone in your party has difficulties. But, it is a wonderful walk along a nice lake .... Eating places, Starbucks, Barnes and Noble, Kohls, Target, many more stores, and a more theater. Breakfast was a bit crowded, but the food was replenished regularly and there was a good selection.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
New Providence, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

I rarely write a review while still staying in a hotel. I usually waited until I check out and then I write it. However, based on what I have experienced and observed this time, I decide to write a review while staying here.
I am a fan of the Marriott brand. When traveling I tried to stay in Marriott hotels as much as possible. Among all the brands that Marriott owns, Residence Inn is my favorite. When I checked into this hotel, the managers greeted me at the front desk immediately. The receptionist was very warm, professional and helpful. They looked like they enjoy being here. The general manager's office is right across the front desk and during my stay here, I rarely saw it closed. You can see the GM sitting inside and I felt like if I have some kind of concern, he is immediately approachable. During breakfast and dinner hour, the GM would approach the guests while they are enjoying the food. It's usually some small talk and ask you if everything is okay. Seeing that you have finished your food, he would even remove the plates for you, so that you can go back to have another serving and do not need to worry about anything else. My experience here is truly enjoyable. If I ever will need to stay in this area in the future, this place would be my first choice.
I do have one minor comment about this hotel. I initially had a negative view about it and later on realized that it really wasn't anyone's intention. My room was on the first floor across from the building with the front desk and dining area. When I walked to my room, I found the hallway very dark and have a spooky feel to it. However, that feeling was gone when the night falls. I then realized that I came here in a hot summer afternoon and when I walked into the hallway on the first floor, my eyes have not adjusted to the darker environment. In the evening then hallway is well-lit. I think mangement might want to know this to see this minor issue can be addressed to make this hotel perfect.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Wellington, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

After an inclement-weather-driven airline odyssey into IAD (with a significant diversion) followed by the usual traffic mess that is VA/MD/DC, we arrived at this property quite weary. In the short time it took for me to check in, Darryl and his staff had me in such a good mood that when I rejoined my husband he asked me what had happened in there :-D.

This was not a fluke. Every interaction with an employee of this property was the same: smiling, happy, helpful. I asked one person where the ice machines were located and she insisted upon getting the ice for me.

I have traveled extensively in business and haven't experienced this kind of enthusiastic hospitality from even the 5-star/ $400+ a night properties.

Room Tip: Third floor away from elevator is the best bet.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RIGaithersburg, General Manager at Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
We truly feel your pain after an arduous travel day (we have all been there).
The main thing we want you to know when you arrive at the Residence Inn Gaithersburg is you can put all that behind you.
No we are not a beach front hotel serving cocktails in the sand.
We are a hotel and staff that prides itself on making the rest of your journey better.
Friendly, caring staff. Good food. Comfortable suites and surroundings are just the start.
Put it all together and you have the "Experience" you mentioned.
Thanks for journeying to our property.
Glad to know the tough travel day melted away and you were able to enjoy your trip.
Your words are so kind and most of all heartfelt - kudo's to you!
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

Great service. We were greeted immediately and with a warm smile. Front desk attendant accompanied me to ensure I knew where my building was and when there was no luggage cart, she went to the other buildings to find one for me.
The unit was clean and well kept, as its to be expected from Marriott. Great location. Easy to get to. Full breakfast.

Room Tip: Try to get it by the elevator and the building entrance.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I would say "WOW" but in all honesty I expect my staff to go above and beyond for all our guests, finding and tracking down what you need.
We truly appreciate you letting us know yours (and my expectations) were met and exceeded.
We pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable suites such as yours.
Our team will continue to work hard to make this your "Home Away From Home" whenever you stay with us again.
Thanks for your kind words and compliments.
Vestal, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed here for 1 night for a family reunion. Both Andrea and Luis at the front desk were terrific! The breakfast bar was great and a nice pleasant room to relax, reading the morning paper. Our room was very spacious as all Residence Inn's are and you need your key card to enter the building, a nice safety feature. The area around the hotel has nice shopping and restaurants to choose from. But it is a hotel for various school sports teams events in the local area.The kids were noisy in the halls running up and down but I have to say at 11PM it was silent.

Room Tip: when booking a room ask if there will be sports teams staying there if this type of commotion bother...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are so pleased you enjoyed your brief stay.
It is always a sight to behold when loves ones have a chance to hold a reunion.
I am personally proud to read the kudo's heaped upon 2 of my team members for their fabulous service and genuine kindness.
We take guest satisfaction seriously, from the complimentary hot breakfast buffet to a large, comfortable suite.
It is reassuring to know the sports teams staying with us behaved as the night went on and heeded our request to avoid disturbing you and other guests.
See you at the next family reunion.