“Good place for extended stay, especially with pets”

Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Reviewed 14 August 2010

I recently met several members of my extended family for a reunion at the Marriott Residence Inn- Washingtonian Center. We chose this hotel because it was pet-friendly and we were able to book several different rooms on the same floor (I did not have my own pet with me this time, but some of my other family members did). Overall, I think this was a good choice. The rooms were large, the kitchens and bathrooms were nice, and the staff was very helpful. Although I only stayed here one night, some of my family members stayed for a week and they had similarly good experiences. The hotel was almost 100% occupied throughout my family’s stay (which is amazing, especially in this economy), so my guess is that a lot of other travelers must like this hotel too.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 April 2010

I had several issues with my stay. I had no water at one point, I had nobody assist me with this. I called and spoke with some kid who was supposedly the Assistant General Manager, he was of no help at all. He offered the worst solutions, I could go down the street to the gym and shower there, that's what he suggested! Are you kidding me?? I spoke with a woman who was the Director of Sales, she was some rude old woman who couldn't care about customer service to save her life, they had my money already and they didn't care at that point. I would NEVER, EVER, EVER stay at this hotel,not to save my life. The staff and managers are the worst i've ever seen. Mean and rude, have yourmoney so who cares about the cusotmer afer that, apparently

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank BlahBlah55
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Never been to a hotel without hot water and no shower in the morning. That's what happened in this hotel. The entire building B had no hot water for many hours !!

Front desk staff Daniel got very short and impatient with guests as everyone complaint about it and she couldn't understand why it is a big deal. She blamed engineer and couldn't handle the situation professionally and politely. Her manager needs to give her more customer service training.

Although the hotel building is at par with other Residence Inn, lack of hot shower is simply NOT ACCEPTABLE !!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank flyingmg
Reviewed 24 November 2009

Very good place to stay. The manager is always at the lobby seeking to help you.
Excellent breakfast and attention.
Wonderfull.

Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2009

Friendly staff, good location, but long in the tooth, thin walls, and exceedingly loud air conditioning unit..

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2009

I stay in Gaithersburg about twice a year and have probably stayed at the Residence Inn 4 times. Staff are always really friendly and welcoming. The manager e-mailed me to make sure the reservation was correct and called me by name throughout my stay. Well impressed. Hotel is quiet and we like the suites. They have been updated over the last couple of years and now looks smart. Location near Rio Center is good. You can walk (unusual for US) to restaurants round the lake, of which a couple are decent (Guapos Mexican and Redrock Canyon Grill
but the noise inside can be excessive is it's full and everyone talks at once). I'd avoid Raaz, the Indian, was ok a couple of years ago, but has gone downhill.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2009

We used this hotel for a family reunion (about 7 rooms) plus we rented the meeting room off the lobby, and everyone was quite happy with the accommodations, the service, and the prices. All of the rooms were nice sized, and when we whipped up a huge family banquet (actually just warming up food baked in advance), we put many of the kitchens to work and all of the equipment performed well. The whole property was quite comfy and homey. We all enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The staff was very helpful with our needs for the meeting room. Because of the time of year, the outdoor pool was not yet filled, but we were able to get in some swimming at a next door Marriott property with an indoor pool. In a situation like this with many families involved, it is often hard to please everyone, but this RI certainly sent all of us home more than satisfied.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Gaithersburg hotels
SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg
TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg
TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg
#10 of 14 in Gaithersburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg

Been to Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center? Share your experiences!