“convenient location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Horseheads, New York
“convenient location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

We were on our way to Virginia for a college rowing event and needed a place to lay our heads. Room is clean, bed was very soft and inviting. We were leaving very early in the morning so the lack of a free breakfast was not a big deal. It is an easy off the freeway. Nice restaurant choices within walking distance to hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HiltonManagement, Director Of Rooms at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 2 December 2012
Hi queenbeader ,

Thanks for choosing Hilton Gaithersburg as your choice of travel. We are pleased in knowing you find our property clean, conveniently close and accessible to all the places that are important to you and for future travellers.

For your next trip, before you locked into a rate, please inquire of the rates that includes breakfast (full hot buffet) in the restaurant which opens at 6:30 AM Mon-Fri & 7:00 AM on Sat-Sun.
As a bonus, the grab & go shop adjacent to the Front Desk opens at 6:00 AM where you can purchase hot/cold beverages and pastries at reasonable prices.

We do thank you for staying with us and looking forward to your return!

Best regards,

Director Of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a night organised by the tour operator - Super Vacations. The hotel was away from the city centre ( about 30 minutes drive by car). The entire reception looked like some kinda lodge, didnt resemble a Hilton Hotel. The rooms however were comfortable, had everything from complimentary wifi, tea and coffee maker in the rooms, large tv, radio and alarm, good toileteries. Would recommend this hotel if youre here for a night and get a good bargain.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Vinn_2k,

Thanks for your keen observation of our property and the positives that you identified. Sorry in knowing our quaint look did not measure up as a Hilton Hotel in your view; however, Super Vacation has chosen us because of our value, full service amenities and the convenience from the hustle & bustle in the city (Washington DC) and stay here in Maryland.
Customers who have found value and love the personalize service from the reception desk, has voiced the beauty of the warmth, recognition as a returning customer and knowing they are at a Hilton prpoerty that is clean and well kept as you mentioned earlier.

If travels should take you back to the Gaithersburg, Maryland area (Not Washington DC) and not travelling with a tour group, i do hope you will stay with us to enjoy the value from a full paid rate and the warmth from our employees who are eager to serve and please .

Warm regards,

Director Of rooms
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

The staff was friendly, but didn't honor all of my requests. I asked to be put in a "quiet" room as I am a light sleeper. It's even listed in my hilton honors profile. When I checked in, I specifically asked to be placed away from the elevators, ice machine, and any young children. They complied with away from the elevator and ice machine; however, they placed a family with 3 small boys across the hall. This is not the fault of the hotel, but the family was irresponsible and allowed their boys to jump up and down, run around, yell and scream until well after 11:30 pm. Then the next night, the family decided to fight at 1:00 am and I had to call security. Security was prompt and responsive, but now it's too late. I'm awake. Again, I realize this isn't the fault of the hotel, but I wish they had a policy to put "quiet" rooms on one floor and the young children on another. I was there for business and needed my rest and I didn't get it.

The breakfast was wonderful. They had all the standards, plus an omelet station. It was really well stocked.

Sunday nights the restaurant has a prime rib special. It was surprisingly good!

The bed was comfortable. They really use a lot of bleach on the sheets (which I would say is good) but my skin is sensitive to bleach, so when I would awaken, my face and arms were all blotchy and irritated. This cleared up as soon as I had a shower.

The internet was fine. I had no issues with the internet.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter about your requests because they won't give it to you anyway.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Hi kimtn2009,

We thank you for staying with us and we recognize you as a valued Hilton honors member. We are happy that you were very understanding that we did our best in acknowledging your request but did not have control over irresponsible behavior of other travellers until it showed up. As a property, we stand by the value that you are paying for a service and if it should be disrupted by other customers, we do reach out to the local authorities to remove such occupants from the hotel.
For any future trips, please update your profile for a corner room that ends with 20 or call ahead to see the availabilty for this room type as you will not have any neighbors nor connecting rooms.

Thanks for being a valued Hilton Honors Member and stayed here with us at Hilton Gaithersburg.

Director Of Rooms
Penn Yan, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

Everything was as expected at this Hilton. Very friendly reception, clean, comfortable room and a good night's sleep. I love staying in a room where you can turn on the fan on the heating/AC system and let it run all night without the heat or AC cycling on/off all night. The gentle noise of the fan drowns out any hallway noise. The bed was comfortable and the TV worked great. My one and ONLY complaint was I couldn't figure out how to reset the time on the alarm clock. I reset the alarm to compensate for the one hour the clock was off but couldn't find anywhere to reset the time. A minor inconvenience.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Hi Symsdad,

Thank you for sharing the wonderful experiences you had while staying here at Hilton Gaithersburg. While we are always looking for ways to improve our services and get better from reviews, the employees were encouraged and motivated in knowing how satisfied you were with your experiences.
As for the clocks, they are satelite operated and tend to be off rarely. To reset the time, it has a small screw at the top of the radio on the back. Please know it's no trouble if you call on us to fix it for you if ever you should have that experience again.

Once again, thank you for chosing Hilton Gaithersburg for your choice of travels!

Director Of rooms
Juneau, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

I spent 7 nights at the Gaithersburg Hilton for work and the room was a typical bland looking hotel room in 5 shades of beige. The carpet was extremely well worn but everything else was in good shape. The WiFi and hard line Internet ran at a decent speed (not fast but good enough) the maid service came at around 12:00-1:00 every day which was perfect for my needs and did a good job cleaning the room. I did accidentally leave some stuff in my room as I was hustling out of the room to catch my flight and have called the hotel multiple times with zero results to get my items back. I'm a little sad at that aspect with their maid service. I used the hotel shuttle a few times to go shopping and to get to the Metro and the drivers were awesome and super friendly! Plan on 2 hours to get to the sights in DC which is a bit long if a ride in my opinion. I pre-ordered a rather pricy Breakfast to be delivered between 0645-0700 it arrived at 0715 but was delicious! The Starbucks inside the hotel is not a real Starbucks nor do they have legit coffee baristas. It is fall after all and when I asked for a Pumpkin Spice Late she asked me "what is that" even getting an extra shot caused some mild confusion so don't get to fancy. The restaurant was quite yummy I ate in the restaurant and took food to go and both was nicely presented and cooked in a timely manner. I did not utilize the indoor pool but it did look nice and I wish I packed a swimsuit, also they had a free washer and dryer where you could get detergent from the front desk (which is handy for those accidental spills) and wash a load or 2 if you wish. Overall it's a nice place and was a good trip :-)

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Hello Temmers-Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in the Washington DC area. A seven night stay is a long one in any hotel, so I am glad that overall you felt our hotel was a nice place and you had a good trip. I have read the details of all of your comments and have shared them with my managers and staff. Your feedback is well received and we will use it to make us better. I appreciate the details that you gave me. I have checked into your Lost and Found concern, but without more information, I am not able to determine conclusively whether we resolved your issue or not. If you would like to contact me, please call me through the main hotel number (301-977-8900) and I will be happy to look into this. We look forward to serving you again the next time your travels bring you back to this area.
Yale Feldman
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

My wife and I booked 4 rooms in September of 2012 on our way to the Outer Banks with three other couples. I talked everybody into staying in a Hilton, my wifes and my favorite hotel, until now. While laying in bed watching tv I noticed an ant crawling on my shirt, got up and found four more in the bed after pulling the covers back. My wife sitting at the desk reading a book also found two ants on her sweater that was on the back of her chair.After calming her down and calling the front desk someone came up and checked it out and offered us another room which of course we took. We were shocked when were checking out that no one was aware of what happened the prevous night to us and even thou the morning desk supervisor apologized to us no one in management even bothered to return my calls , messages, or emails. Finally I emailed corporate Hilton and after three weeks got a generic , not really caring response. Hope you all have better luck than we did. I guess customer satisfaction isn't a priority any longer. Check your room carefully before settling in for the night.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Hello Bill K—Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to the Outer banks in September. I appreciate that you chose us and also that you brought others along based on your recommendations. I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations in this particular instance. I assure you that our rooms are meticulously cleaned each day and the fact that you had ants in your room was not something that our housekeepers would have overlooked. We have specific procedures for any such occurrences and have contractual services with a pest control company to safeguard against such issues. While I do not doubt what you say, I want you to know that we take this type of problem very seriously. As far as the response you got the next day, this is very disappointing to me and I will look into the details as your reporting of the problem and our resolution would have been tracked in a log for follow up. I am also disappointed with the response you got from Hilton and will pass that along to our regional brand Manager. We do value your patronage and care about your comfort and safety. I hope that you will give us another chance when your travels bring you back to or through the Gaithersburg area.
Best regards,
Yale Feldman

Travellers are raving about these Gaithersburg hotels

Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

We had a wonderful experience at the Hilton in Gaithersburg. We are so happy that we had our wedding reception at this location.

The Front Desk and Housekeeping department was amazing and a joy to work with. We had a couple guests that needed early check ins and they did everything possible to get them as early as possible. We also used the shuttle, and they got us to our location on time.

Engineering: Kept our room nice and cool. Thank you!

Rooks Staff Bar and Lounge: It was a very busy night and the staff was super friendly to our guests. The restaurant also took excellent care of our guests the morning after the wedding when about 50 of us had breakfast. They took great care of us!

Kitchen: The food was amazing (wedding and breakfast the next morning). Our guests could not get over how delicious and fresh everything was.

Banquet staff: Wow! They made the event perfect. The room was set on time, the staff worked hard to take of our guests, and did everything with a smile on their faces.

Sales: We had the pleasure of working with many of the sales staff especially Michelle. She was amazing to work with. All of the staff was friendly, and helped us whenever we had any questions.

Guestrooms: Clean and Perfect. Many of our guests had a standard room. We upgraded to the suite and it was perfect. Well worth it! Lots of extra room.

Overall, great value, great experience, friendly staff. We will be recommending this location to our friends for not only weddings, but business meetings, reunions, everything!
Thank you!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello swtheartmb03—thank you for taking the time to post this very detailed review of your recent event and stay at our hotel. We were honored to have been selected by you and your family for your wedding and are delighted that it went so well for you. We realize that this is one of the most important days in anyone’s life and our team is committed to delivering a level of product and service worthy of the occasion. I am very pleased that you felt we did so well for you. Your words of praise for all of the areas of our hotel are very gratifying and I will be sharing them with everyone. They will appreciate hearing your comments.
Best of luck to you for now and for the many, many years to come.
Yale Feldman,