“Will stay again!”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
New York
“Will stay again!”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We have now stayed in three different hotels in this area. The Holiday Inn which we really enjoyed, the Courtyard Marriott Washingtonian Center which is a great location, and this one, the Hilton. I must say we really enjoyed our stay at the HIlton so much, that the next time we visit my family we will stay here. The service was amazing, the room was clean and they provided a pack n play for our one year to sleep in. I prefer these over the metal cribs the Holiday Inn offers. The restaurant was mediocre, but convenient for a bite to eat when you dont want to go outdoors. The bar area is pretty nice, we always saw alot of people enjoying a drink there. Right accross the street is a shopping center with a CVS, several small restaurants, Ross, Chuck E Cheeses for the kids, Carters for shopping, Bed Bath and Beyond, Panera (great for breakfast) etc. The mall is about a 6 minute drive and the highway to go towards D.C is literally a 5 minute drive. We LOVE that the laundry facilities was COMPLIMENTARY for guests, yes free laundry! THe pool was OK, pretty small, nothing fancy. The gym was nice though. Our only complaint is that our room did not have a fridge or microwave in it, and the maintenence person came to install it our second night and just walked in our room! He wasnt told there were guests in there so it was really awkard, not his fault, but the hotel should have known to have that installed before offering the room to us. We had to wait to get everything installed before we could leave. THis would have saved us alot of time going to the ice machine with our cooler to keep our 1 yr olds milk and food cool. Not convenient but after it was all done we were good to go. Will stay again :)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 15 March 2013
Hello truang3l19- Thank you for the response and for all of the detail you provided me in understanding your stay. It will help me to correct the things that didn't’t take pl;ace according to your expectations. Your comments are valuable and I will follow up on them to plan corrective action for the future. Overall, though, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. You have compared us to other good hotels in the area Sand I am delighted that we fared well and that you will stay again. I look forward to the chance of meeting you on your next stay at our hotel.
Yale Feldman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Orlando
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Yes it's an older property, but a nice one with a friendly staff. I'm a diamond member and got recognized as such, with a free full breakfast every day of my stay. This was my second time here and was glad my work brought me back to this location. Speaking of location it's a very convenient walk next door to a shopping center with lots of eating choices and the shuttle made trips to the nearby mall and another nearby upscale entertainment/shopping/dinning area. On this trip I took issue with the bathroom door bouncing like a coiled spring against the curved shower curtain rod, was not a happy camper. If you have work in the area it's a good place, just a bit of a drive from IAD and DCA.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Hello the-cosmo-traveler-Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in the Gaithersburg area and for telling others of your experience. Knowing that this was a return visit and that you chose us is especially rewarding. I am glad that we were able to live up to your expectations and that your received the recognition and benefits attributable to your Hilton Hhonors participation. We look forward to having you back again on your next stay in the area.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

I was surprised by ths hotel. The staff was wonderful from arrival to departure. Overall the hotel needs some TLC, but it was offset by incredible service. The bed linens were fresh, nice in-room coffee. I had dinner at the bar and the crab cakes were fantastic! If you are a scotch drinker, the bar offers great flights. I would stay here again.

Stayed February 2013
Hello GWM160-Thanks for taking the time to post a response about your recent stay at our hotel. I am delighted that overall you were pleased and appreciate hearing about the specifics. I assure you that we do give the hotel TLC every day. I am excited about your comments on our scotch. This is a relatively new program and we welcome all inputs to make it as good as we can.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I booked a week for the inauguration on line. The on-line confirmation was incorrect for the type of room I requested. I called the hotel and they said they changed it to the requested room type. A week before my arrival, I called again to verify that the room type was corrected....it was not. Again the person stated that she corrected it. When I arrived the room type was INCORRECT! I called the front desk and they said they could not do anything about it, I asked for the manager and she also said there was nothing they could do about it...I asked her to check other Hilton area hotels for me. When she called back she sait there were not any of those type rooms available! I ended up searching myself and found a Homewood Suites and changed my reservation. Both people at the hotel was uncaring and uninterested in the problem. I have travel often and use Hilton exclusively and have never been treated so poorly.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Cindy2256
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
Hello Cindy2256—thank you for choosing the Gaithersburg Hilton for your recent visit to the area and for taking the time to post a review to let us know of your experience. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reserved room type. Our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. Special event such as the Inauguration can create significant problems in this regard and it is unfortunate that we were unable to accommodate you to your satisfaction. Once again, I apologize for the inconveniences and the poor level of service. However we do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.
Yale Feldman

Travellers are raving about these Gaithersburg hotels

Reviewed 29 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel a week ago and I have to say it is one of the best hotel out there. Rooms are clean free wifi not to mention the wonderful Front Desk stuff. The young African lady at the desk in the morning is extremely pleasant, always have a smile on no matter what time of the day you catch her. I was given a 2 double bedded room upon arrival and when I asked to be moved, the request was granted immediately. Great customer service. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Bradovonne
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Hello Bradovonne—thank you for choosing the Gaithersburg Hilton for your recent stay and for taking the time to let others know of your experience. I am delighted to hear the details of your stay and pleased that you found everything to your liking. I will share your feedback with our staff as it will be very motivational. I hope to see you here again in the near future.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I am a Hilton Honors member, however did not receive upgrade and it was a non-holiday, non-weekend business travel. The bed was not as comfortable as I am used to and the telephone in the room did not work. The front desk staff made me feel like I was doing them a favor for staying there. This is not the norm for Hilton. Maybe it was a bad day for her. I was not asked how my stay was when leaving. I don't think they cared.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
Hello WOnderfulLife—thank you for choosing the Gaithersburg Hilton for your recent business travel to the area. I am very sorry that you were not totally satisfied with your stay and that the staff did not make you feel cared for, as they should. Your choice of us as your hotel is very important and we do care that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. I will be discussing this with our front office management and staff. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that you will choose us again when your travels bring you back to the area.
Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I received a good discount to stay at the Hilton - and can't complain for the price! The pool area, hot tub, and workout room were nice. Staff DEFINITELY went out of their way to help with two different situations. Although the hotel is not new, and you can see some wear and tear, it was a good stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Hello lakerogers- thank you for your kind comments relating to your recent stay at our hotel. It is most satisfying to see that you have complimented our staff and noted boldly that they went out of their way to help. I will pass these comments again. We look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you to the area.