“It's Becoming Home” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Scarsdale, New York
“It's Becoming Home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

I think it's fine. The rooms are clean and the housekeeping service, once you get past the language issue, is fine. Like most hotels though, the TV service is pretty thin. But I suppose when you compare it to home service where there a about a bazillion channels of very little or nothing to watch to what you get at the hotel where there are very few channels of nothing to watch then I suppose it's not so bad. The wireless internet service is more than adequate for the usual work activities that business travelers need to get done. However, if you want to stream video, the bandwidth is just not there.

I spend between 20 and 30 weeks per year in hotels and have become a Hilton bigot. I've been in some pretty glitzy, ritzy Hiltons and this isn't one of them. But, if what you are looking for is a clean, comfortable, and relatively spacious room for a reasonable rate, then this is a good choice.

I give very high marks to the property's general manager, Yale Friedman, and to his entire front desk staff - they are extremely accommodating - I'll be here a lot over the next few weeks (late summer and autumn 2013) and I have been able to make certain arrangements for my convenience with them. The lobby bar also gets high marks, especially for its large menu of single malt Scotch's. The restaurant is only OK and, like most hotel restaurants, it's not inexpensive.

Overall, this is a good landing spot for the business traveler.

1 Thank Mark B
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Hello Mark B—It was good to read your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor and I appreciate your candid comments. Since I have been fortunate enough to meet you and spend time with you on several occasions during your trips here, I feel as though we have already discussed most of these items. I have shared them with our staff and we will continue to try to improve on the things that need improvement and to continue to do well in the areas you have complimented us. I appreciate your comments about me personally, but as you so aptly described, the contributions of our staff are the most important aspect of providing you with an enjoyable stay. It has been our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to your upcoming visits.
Yale Feldman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

I stayed here for a conference at this hotel. It was a good experience. Internet in rooms and on the first floor was a little slow even for checking email, but tolerable. No other complaints: quiet, clean, etc.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hello Liam P—Thank you for staying with us at the Gaithersburg Hilton for your recent conference. We were pleased to be your host for the meeting as well as for your guest room needs. I appreciate your positive comments, and based on your comments on internet speed, we are in the process of increasing our bandwidth and thus our capacity and speed. It will take a little time, though for the installation, but we are in line and hope to have the upgrade completed before the end of the year. Your comments were a great help to us in moving this decision forward.
We hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

This hotel will frequently have last minute deals of well less than $100 on a weekend night. At that price, it's a good deal for the money as there are good side perks like free wireless Internet and a nice fitness center/pool. For more than a hundred a night, though, I'd probably look one of the newer hotels in Rockville or Gaithersburg. We happened to be staying when there was the Montgomery County fair, so it was nice to just walk over and not worry about parking. Good Szechuan restaurant and a Panera within a 5 minute walk as well.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Hello richiu 1972—Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stay at the Gaithersburg Hilton. I appreciate what you have said and that your comments will be used by others reading them to make their choice in hotels. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope you choose us again for your next visit to the area.
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

The entire staff was excellent. Traveling with 2 small children (ages 2 and 4) can be difficult but every time we went through the lobby, staff members were engaging the kids and welcoming us back to the hotel, asking how our day was, offering assistance, etc. Felt like visiting family. A+ overall!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hello GoEERS_12—Thanks for the great comments you made about your August stay at our hotel. We all remember you and your family very well and it was a pleasure serving all of you (especially your cute kids). I am pleased that we took good care of you and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Montgomery Village
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

Hilton Gaithersburg offers accommodating service for the busy professional. I arrived extra early and was taken care of without a blink of concern. Very efficient check-in and the express check-out is the best in the industry.

1 Thank carrollconsumer
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Hello carrollconsumer—Thanks for the great review. Short and to the point, but you have mentioned areas of our service that are very important in our serving the needs of this most important segment of our business. I am glad we were able to satisfy you and we look forward to having you back in the hotel in the near future.
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

We had a class reunion at the hotel. Staff was wonderful, they could not have been more friendly or accommodating; from the front desk, waiters, bartenders and housekeeping. We had a great diner in the reataurant Friday night, the waiter was fantastic, dealing with a large group who had been reminiscing for several hours prior to being seated. Actually gave us separate checks for the dozen or so that ate. Our bartender who served us both Friday and Saturday was a true gem. We brought our very small dog and we were downgraded to a small room. I was happy to pay for any upgrade, but was left with a VERY small king room with no fridge or microwave the basics I haves come to expect from a Hilton. Has Hampton passed Hilton in customer satisfaction? I really think so. I never have a negative at a Hamton, why at at a Hilton? Maybe just old age like me, but I hope Hilton Hotels can upgrade to this millennium.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, maybe the uppers are better. We were unable to get coffee or snacks af...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello rerricker—Thanks for staying with us during your recent class reunion and thanks for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate all of your positive comments about our staff in both our rooms operation and our food and beverage outlets. I have passed them along and the staff was pleased to hear what you had to say. I am sorry that you were somewhat disappointed in your room accommodations. The room you were in was one of our standard rooms and as far as size goes, all of our regular rooms are essentially the same size in square footage. As far as amenities, such as fridge or microwave, we only have those in about 20% of our rooms and they are normally priced at a higher rate for the upgrade. I have noted your comments, though and will consider them as we plan on future upgrades and equipment needs. Thanks for the candid feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
Germantown, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

My wife and I had our wedding reception at the Hilton Hotel in Gaithersburg MD on 07/27/13 and it was great. Working with the catering team was excellent. They helped put together a wonderful event even with all the last minute demands such as room change and increase in the original number of guests which doubled. I am highly appreciative of the level of professionalism that was exhibited by the staff in making this day a memorable one. We recommend this hotel to every body out there. thanks.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hello KwameK—Thank you for entrusting us to be your host for this most important occasion. I am pleased that everything went well for you and that your felt our staff was ‘excellent” and handled all of your details in a professional manner. I appreciate that you have taken the time to post your comments on this forum. We wish you all the best and look forward to having your back for a getaway or any other important function where we would be able to serve you.