“A quiet stay.”

Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My stay was quiet and relaxing. I had fun and the bar was comfortable and the room was clean. My room had a nice view. I was able to order roomservice from a restaurant nearby. I didnot hear the knock on the door and the staff called my cell phone to let me know they were there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Hello Leslie T—Thank you for posting a review of your recent experience at the Gaithersburg Hilton. We are pleased that you chose our hotel and enjoyed your stay and appreciate the positive things you had to say. I hope that you will again choose our hotel when your travel plans bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I've been here a couple times for business and each time, I can depend on very solid service and good rooms. Meeting room facilities are good also. I do have to admit though, every time I come here I am usually in meetings with a number of people and inevitably someone has some difficulty with reservations or bill, but it hasn't happened to me.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Hello BrainDoc90—Thank you for staying at the Gaithersburg Hilton for your recent business trip and for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you found our service to be solid and accommodations to your satisfaction. I am not aware of the specifics of your comments about reservations or bills, but we are certainly sensitized to this and try to rectify such issues quickly and to the satisfaction of our guests.
We hope to see you back again soon when your travel or business needs bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This Hilton is located convenient to the highway, other restaurants and plenty of shopping. It's facilities are well kept, stylish and friendly. The meeting rooms were nicely kept with plenty of pre-function space. You must eat the breakfast buffet. It is delicious!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hello Nancy Hope D—Thank you for choosing the Gaithersburg Hilton for your recent visit to Gaithersburg and Washington D.C surrounds. We are pleased that you chose us and even more pleased that you enjoyed the area and the hotel facilities. Breakfast is pretty busy here, so I hope everyone else feels the way you do about our breakfast buffet. We hope to have you stay with us again when your travels bring you back to this area.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

At check in, I asked for a room in a quiet, and I was assured that it would be. An hour after I settled into my room, the cleaning services was on my floor, and carried on for almost two hours shouting orders and one another. I tried calling the front desk, to report the disturbance, but the bed side phone didn't work. In addition, the toilet kept making a loud pressure noise, like the toilet was refilling. There was also a constant noise above my room resembling that of someone rolling a cart back and forth over the floor. And lastly, a large picture in the bathroom had shattered glass, and the hotel didn't feel it necessary to replace it. Even though an huge shard of glass was dangling from the top of the frame. Even after all that I had reported, the hotel manager didn't make any consideration on my room rate, even as an Hilton Honors member.

Room Tip: If you want a professional, quiet place to rest, choose another hotel.
2  Thank Joshua K
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Hello Joshua K—I am pleased that you chose our hotel for your recent visit and I thank you for positing a review to let us know of your experience at the hotel. Obviously, I am not pleased that you had so many concerns with the room, the service you received, and the overall conditions you encountered. We take these findings very seriously and I have already shared your comments with my management staff. Without going into detail on everything you mentioned, I assure you that we have addressed them and will continue to follow up to ensure the issues are resolved. I hope that you will again choose the Gaithersburg Hilton for your next visit to the area and I assure you that you will find the conditions more to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I was expecting a little more from a Hilton but didn't get it. The staff was pretty friendly and the room was very large but outdated. It was dark and the carpet was dirty. The indoor pool was nice and they did offer a shuttle to the Shady Grove Metro Station.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Hello Chris A-- Thank you for choosing the Gaithersburg Hilton for your recent travels to the area. I appreciate your comments and am saddened that you don’t feel that you got what you expected in our facility. We are very proud of our product and service and consistently score high in our Hilton Quality Assurance reviews. As recently as mid September we had a thorough review and scored very well. I will take your comments to heart, though, and we will strive to improve the situations you noted. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

A quality place to stay and an excellent staff to serve you! The location to conduct business in the northern of the D.C. was of benefit to us. Services provided to take us to outside destinations such as locall businesses was without a problem.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hello Percy B—Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at the Gaithersburg Hilton. Good comments about our staff are very satisfying to read as this is the most important aspect of guest service and hospitality. I have shared this with all of our staff. We look forward to having you back when your travels again bring you to this area.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

when I reach the hotel it look normal to me.it got a nice lobby.the door man just standing there never bother to help me carry the the luggage.the front desk is not friendly at all.no greeting from them.
location-never went out,no comment.
amenities-room lighting is dim not bright at all.wall paper peel off,dirty flooring.tv not much channel.swimming pool never use it.
cooling system need to replace sound noise.
food-it ok,so far so good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello sadmagarita-Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to the area and for letting us know of opinion on our facility and service, both good and bad. We are complimented by your good comments and will use your adverse findings to guide us in bettering our product. I have shared your findings with the managers in charge of those areas and they will work to improve our greetings, service and overall guest room conditions. I see that you come from far away from this area, but if your travels bring you back, I hope that you will once again choose us for your hotel needs.