“Would stay again”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Danville, Pennsylvania
“Would stay again”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed 3 nights because I needed access to the Montgomery County Fair Grounds which was right across the street. Easy access from and to I-270. Lots of restaurants and a shopping mall all within a short easy drive or walk. Because of the neighboring selection of restaurants I didn't eat at the hotel or use the corner café which was only open 6am - 1pm. Disappointed that the hot tub didn't work but pool had both outdoor and indoor swimming areas. Odd pool hours that didn't coincide with the pamphlet in the room, 6am-9am & 5pm- 10pm M-F, 7am - 11pm weekends and holidays. Ok gym with dumbbells, treadmills, stepper and recumbent bike. No refrigerator or microwave in room but didn't need. Good clean hotel with free parking.

Room Tip: Stay low floor, 3 elevator kind of slow.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was a very disappointed stay. Here are just a few of the problems we had:
1. Bathtub was extremely slippery. (I walk with a cane and came close to losing my balance!)
2. No ventalation in bathroom.
3. Kids running around and yelling after midnight made sleeping impossible.
4. No fridge.
5. TV: only channel we could watch was #27. The rest was not clear or inconsistant.
6. 4th floor soda machine broken. My wife tried to get a drink for me and every button was empty.
7. Ate in the hotel restaurant. The food was good, but the serving size was what you would expect
at lunch, not at 7:00 in the evening.

I realize we must have been in the oldest part of the hotel, but I would have a hard time giving this
hotel a 2 star rating. Any questions: John Printz
jkprintz@Gmail.com
Confirmation #3129175021 for June 27 & 28.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Gaithersburg hotels

Atkinson
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have never reviewed a hotel before, but after this stay I felt it necessary to warn people. I checked into my room and found it to be worn out and in need of upgrades. I started the shower to get cleaned up before dinner and the shower would not drain. I called the front desk and they moved me to a room that was actually worse. The room was dirty and worn out worse than the first one. The carpet had worn paths in it. There were stains on the lamp shades and the wall paper was torn. In the bathroom there were stains on the walls and the light switch cover was very dirty. The power strip used to power the TV was covered in dirt and grease. It looked like it came out of an auto body shop. The couch in the room was also broken as you sank way down when you sat on it. The condition of these room are inexcusable for Hilton property. After speaking to the night manager I was told that the general manager would be calling me the next day. This was 5 days ago and still have not heard anything. I believe this just shows the lack of commitment by the general manager to resolve issues and this hotel will only get worse. I stay in around 60 hotels a year and this is the worst one I have stayed in over 3 years. Please be aware that this is not a clean hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
Scott D, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Atkinson, Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton in Gaithersburg. It is surprising to me that you feel that your room was not up to your expectation. We have consistently pass with high score our Quality Assurance inspections for cleanliness of our rooms, and that we have an an experienced and dedicated housekeeping staff. I am currently reviewing our internal communication, to ensure that all messages are returned appropriately. We hope that your travels will bring you back to the Gaithersburg area, and to give us an opportunity to showcase our service. Thank you once again for your review.
Northumberland, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I was expecting a bit more from this hotel given that it was a Hilton. It was okay. My room on the 5th floor initially smelled a bit musty, probably from the air conditioning. It was clean, but nothing special. I had a few quirks to my room - toilet was extra loud when flushed and the electricity went out in the bathroom and the air conditioning was really loud. I think they were at capacity and likely things were probably strained. The gym was a real disappointment. It was gloomy, equipment was duct taped, no towels, just overall blah. Again, was expecting more from a Hilton.

Good things - easy and free parking, nice lobby, and free good breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
staten Island NY, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel staff are probably upset about answering the question "Why are you holding $60 per nigh of my money t and what are incidentals" they don't know We had to call for housekeeping late in the day when we returned from the city. Also, do not plan to use the shuttle to the train station. It did not happy for us. We took a cab.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Rhinebeck, New York
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I stayed for three nights for our annual granddaughter's birthday visit. There is no doubt that this is an older Hilton property, but very well refurbished. Totally clean and inviting lobby, also our room was spotless, though a little rough around the edges. Staff was cordial and helpful. EXTREMELY great value for the area: if that's one thing that you consider, as we do, GO FOR IT!

Room Tip: Try to go up as high as possible, we were on 9 which was fine. We would have been looking at a flat...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Washington, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

With the exception of an overbooking screw up at check in, the rest of our stay was great. Staff and service was helpful and swift, room was clean. Location is far from DC but there is a shuttle to the metro. Located right off Rt. 270.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family