“Service terrible, food ok, but definately not worth the hefty bill.”

Fuji Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #21 of 83 Restaurants in Gambrills
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service terrible, food ok, but definately not worth the hefty bill.”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

went here on a date night, and was thoroughly disappointed. Ordered appetizer that was never recieved. Main course finally arrived without accompained soup and salad. when this was brought to the waiters attentioned, he asked "well do you still want it?". no silverware until 10 min after getting food. Manager doing rounds didn't even want to come over noticing we were sitting there not eating food.(due to the fact we had no utensils.) In the end we were still missing my steamed rice and calamari appetizer and shrimp that comes with the entree, but too frustrated, just wanted to leave. We will never recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank shadowboxer007

Washington, DC
“It's Back!”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

After months of renovation the original Fuji Restaurant, located at 1314 Main Chapel Way, is back and better than ever. This was the original location -- the owners, James and Sandy, transferred their Hibachi tables and sushi chefs to a new location in the Waugh Chapel Town Center. The once and future Fuji has now been reincarnated as a bar and Sushi Lounge.

I attended the advance opening and if this evening is any indication of things to come, patrons are in for another wonderful experience. The location has been redone with banquet tables, alcoves and table seating 2 - 6. Soft lighting in shades of magenta, purple and lumescent green gives an intimate feel. The drink menu was impressive, as is the wine rack next to the bar. My dish of Shrimp and Vegetable Tempura was properly prepared, fresh and hot, with a delicate coating of panko crumbs with a complementary sauce, equally delicate. My partner's choice of the Pineapple Fried Rice with a choice of meat was plentiful and flavorful. The service was excellent.

The two locations now give patrons a choice of cuisine and atmosphere. I enthusiastically recommend both.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank drieldc
Severna Park, Maryland
“Very good sushi/hibachi... if you can get in.”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I've been to the new location of Fuji twice now. We would have gone several more times, but couldn't get in the door on at least three other occasions. Most recently, we went at 6:15pm on a Friday night. It was busy, but we were seated for sushi right away. It looked like there was one remaining hibachi table open. We ordered several rolls - M-16, Jungle, and Daniel rolls are favorites! We always get a side of fried rice as well - freshly made on the hibachi grills on the other side of the restaurant. Our server was pleasant & attentive. The tables were a little close together for our liking, but not awkwardly close.

We always had good experiences with the hibachi seating at the old location - really good food. But we haven't tried it at the new location yet. The decor is upscale & there's a nice little patio. Be warned though, the evening sun shines right on half the patio, so if it's a warm day you might want to sit inside or ask for the shaded part.

Other notes - extensive martini/sake list, tons of speciality rolls but all the 'staples' of American sushi places as well, a teensy-bit expensive, but not outrageous.

When we left (around 8pm), the waiting area was packed, as was the lobby, and overflow on the sidewalk outside the main doors. I have no idea how long the wait was, but I certainly wouldn't wait in it. So definitely check this place out, but try to get there on the early side or on a weekday to maximize your chances of getting in.

• Visited June 2013
Crofton, Maryland, United States
“2nd go-round not so great”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Where do I start...My family and I took my little sister here for her high school graduation last night. The service was not up to par and should I mentioned that it was 98 degrees yesterday and the air was NOT on at all. This was the wrost experience I have had at any restaurant when it comes to controlling the tempature. Should I mentioned that everyone was a hottt mess when we left hair and make up horrible - not to mention our clothes were stuck to us. We had my 6 month old nephew who we fed ice chips the whole time. The food was OK not the best. Most families in the restaurant were complaining and fanning their children not to mention asking the waitresses what the problem was. We tipped the cook and refused to pay the 18% gratuity that the manager had the nerve to debate us on. This was definetly a totally different experience from the previous visit. DO NOT GO IF ITS HOT OUTSIDE - THEY CLAIM BGE CONTROLS THE AIR.... At least that's what one of their excuses were to us!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Samantha R
Odenton, Maryland
“consistent quality Delicious!”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

much better than the "other" hibachi chains; same flair and flash. The sushi bar is much better than most and their menu is much larger that some.

Visited May 2013