“Want to stay for a week!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gapland
Maple Tree Campground
Reviewed 17 June 2009

This year would have been my third year at camp and I love every minute of it. My friends and I always go Memorial Day weekend and it's a blast. We stay in the tree cottages which are always very clean and have awesome beds. The mattresses there are more comfortable then mine at home!! During the past years we have gone out almost everyday and gone hiking but this year we just relaxed by the fire and it was great! Nothing to worry about except keeping the fire going. I also love cooking on an open flame, I eat better at camp then I do at home.The campgrounds are in a beautiful area of MD, very quiet, friendly people who run the camp and the other campers are very friendly too. The bathrooms are also very very clean!! I love the outdoor showers too! I wish I could stay for a week!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank megernand
treehouse123, owner at Maple Tree Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2009

thank-you

Reviewed 10 June 2009

Favorites- sunshine in the outdoor shower, very helpful and friendly camp hostess and host, setting- privacy, location to GREAT things to do.

I usually stay in state parks- not much on private campgrounds- but this one was just fine. We had no issues with anything, had fun, will return.

Basically there are 2 people keeping this place going, and its a lot of work. How they kept the bathrooms clean on a fully booked weekend I have no idea, but they did, even in the rain with the mud. We were in a treehouse, was very rustic, usually do tents and was glad not to have to set that up! The rain on the tin roof is always an amazing sound.

Service was outstanding, bring your good neighbor attitude and you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank searcher94

thank-you very much....see you again

Reviewed 4 June 2009

Absolutely love this place! Great place to escape the daily grind and relax around the fire. I go to be lazy and get away, while going on the occasional hike. But if you are looking for more action, there are plenty of fun things to do close-by. The AT provides a nice hike, not to mention the view from Weaverton cliffs! Think I might try the kayaking next year! The cottages and bathrooms are always extremely clean, by normal standards, let alone camping standards. Showering outside, under the stars is amazing. The showers are one of my favorite parts! Although, there is the rare occasion when the hot water is limited. Guess that's what I get for waiting so long ;)
I am in my mid-20's, and I go every year, for Memorial day weekend, with some friends. This was my 3rd year and I have never taken someone who did not love it. There is a great mix of kids and adults and everyone is very mindful of one another. This place does an excellent job of providing a very diverse camping experience. I have met people at the tent sites that think it is just rugged enough for them, and the cottages are plenty comfortable to relax.
Can't wait for next year!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank motigon13
treehouse123, owner at Maple Tree Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2009

thank-you young person!! Very sweet of you. I am so glad you enjoy it.....louise

Reviewed 25 May 2009

Stumbled on this place looking for campsites in Maryland, and will definitely go back. "Tree houses" are actually houses raised on stilts in the midst of trees. Each campsite is about 1/4 acre, far more than one would get in a more traditional campground. It was just what I was looking for -- a clean and comfortable place in a spectacular area. It feels very much family-run, and the owners could not have been nicer. Pet-friendly, and other guests were a diverse and courteous group. A winner in every respect.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank DCAroundtheWorld
Reviewed 20 May 2009

This was our first time camping at the Maple Treehouse Campground and we were all pleased with the accomodations and did not have any issues with stinkbugs as with one of the reviews noted last fall. We had 4 families and reserved the 3 new tree cottages: Willow, Cypress, Bonsai and 1 tree house Oriole. This was a perefct set-up where we could have one main campfire at Willow and then the other tree cottages were close by when we wanted to put the kids to bed. The tree cottages were really nice and well-kept. Great accomodations and camping made easy. We could enjoy the outdoors without being on top of each other. The kids enjoyed the trails and also the campground store. Highly recommend this place to others, there was plenty to do in the area and the owner was very nice and helpful in setting up reservations if needed. The bathroom facilities were well kept and clean. We all loved the outdoor shower as well. We will be back again in the fall. Thank you, Jeneane

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank j9lach
Reviewed 10 May 2009

We loved our stay at the Maple Tree Campground and have plans to go back. We live in Washington, DC and this is a GREAT weekend get-away! I stayed in treehouse 'Woodpecker'. I was with friends and several 8 year old girlscouts. Some in my group stayed in an enclosed cottage/tree-house. I have camped a lot in all sorts of places (back country, state campgrounds, county campgrounds, national parks and private campgrounds). It's important to assess a place by what it is and adjust you're expectations accordingly: This is not wilderness back country camping and it's not a motel. It's rustic with some comforts and conveniences and charming details that you won't find in a public campground. It's a wonderful place to enjoy the outdoors. I thought there was plenty of privacy, space and green growth between treehouses. Each treehouse has a picnic table and firepit surrounded by stones.

I LOVED the open air shower! It was great to take a hot shower and look up at the stars! I used a small lantern. There was plenty of room. I enjoyed the stone floor under my barefeet and the rustic wood walls. The indoor flush toilets and sinks (very clean), the covered deck by the horseshoe pit, the camp store, and other well crafted details like stone steps, rope hand "rails" on steep trails, the names of the treehouses, the Enchnated Forest mural in the pavillion, flower pots, etc. make for a charming and not-too-much-doing-without creature comforts camping experience. The treehouses contribute to this a great deal. Open air camping without setting up a tent! The roads and trails were fine. The campground is on a mountain side.

This is a great place to enjoy the outdoors. Great hiking. Very close to Harpers Ferry (tubing) and horseback riding. The kids had a blast. We stayed up late into the night, after the kids went to sleep, sitting by the campfire talking and watching the stars. For anyone who wants an outdoors experience, enhanced with personal touches and some creature comforts, set in a beautiful area rich in history (and very close to DC) I very much reccommend the Maple Tree Campground.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank tiamook
treehouse123, owner at Maple Tree Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2009

Dear Delightful,
Thank you for getting it. We work tirelessly here making things beautiful and when people, as your self, appreciate it, it makes a complete circle, and makes us feel good about all our hard work. Thank you for that, louise

Reviewed 6 May 2009

Two familes joined there for a weekend in mid October. We had been there years before. Though we love the area and the owner is very nice, it is difficult to not have hot showers indoors this time of year. The outdoor showers are useless. Also the roads and paths are beaten up and our van could barely pass the roads to our cabin. We also encountered a very disgusting situation where our cabin was INFESTED with stinkbugs. Literally 1,000's of them in the bedding, walls, everywhere. The owner explained that it is difficult to spray for them but honestly, I am sure they had not been properly cleaning the cabin, or they would have spotted the infestation in the upper bunk. We found clothing from previous renters/tenants up there too. More attention needs to be given to regualr cleaning of this resort. Due to the outdoor shower stall with no heat, I will stick with a state campground from now on!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank meekybaby
treehouse123, owner at Maple Tree Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2009

Dear Staying,
Out of 8 cottages, 2 were swarmed by stink bugs last fall, and it took us by surprise. This is not a cleanliness issue, these bugs stowed away from Japan, are not indigenous, and have no natural predator in this area. Since then I have contacted the Dept of Agriculture and half a dozen etymologists and have learned how to caulk and where to prevent the problem. You can research the facts on these bugs and get the truth.
Calvin, our maintenance person, mops and cleans all the cottages after people leave, every week, and I do windows and spring cleaning. King mattresses are very heavy and the matresses don't get lifted every week.
Camping in October, Nov., Dec., Jan., has it's challenges, but people who don't want to brave the outdoor showers just say something to me, and I take them to an indoor shower.
The stink bugs became a nuisance for about a month last year, and this year we are ahead of them. All of our cottages are clean, half of them are brand new, but they don't pretend to be other than camping, you are out in the woods, fireing up the wood stove, sometimes it rains....but I can assure you, this is good dirt, the kind that makes you feel calm and connected to the earth!! 98 percent of our customers are extremely happy, 2 % are pre-disposed to complain and potentially mean-spirited.

Been to Maple Tree Campground? Share your experiences!