“Wonderful farm for picking your own”
Review of Butler's Orchard

Butler's Orchard
More attraction details
Owner description: A family farm providing good, green fun and local produce for over 60 years. We offer 300 acres of pick-your-own fruits and vegetables, a Farm Market, and special events throughout the year. At our annual Pumpkin Festival enjoy a hayride, jump in the hayloft, swoosh down the giant slides, visit barnyard buddies, play the rubber duckie derby, and explore the corn maze! Enjoy beautiful fall foliage, live music, hand dipped caramel apples, and lots more!
Greenbelt, Maryland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Wonderful farm for picking your own”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I went to pick apples and ended up with two bags of wonderful, delicious apples, within a few minutes! Raspberries were also available but, as it is the end of the season, they weren't quite as plentiful. Still, we ended up with about half a bucket. The lady who greeted us - dressed up as the Great Pumpkin- was great and helped by giving us good, clear directions on how to get back to the apple trees. The apple trees are loaded with apples and it's very easy to go overboard. I plan on freezing nearly 15 lbs of apples I got on this trip!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank IsabellaMea

New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Lovely day for Apple, Potato, and Pumpkin Picking!I”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I went here just this past Saturday and I had a blast! I went with 4 adults and 4 kids and we were there for at least 2.5 to 3 hours. We spent most of the time picking, picking, picking! The apples were so sweet and delicious. There were only 2 varieties available when I went. Staymen which were plentiful and Golden Delicious which and average to above average available. When we went there were 2 places to find and pick your own pumpkins the kids all spent an hour picking the 'perfect' pumpkin. And we didn't mind because they had so much fun walking the fields, looking at bugs and deciding whether or not a perfect roundness trumps perfect orange color! Next we moved onto the potatos, they only had white and reds when we were there but they boys had a blast digging around for them. We ended up buying almost 15 pounds of tubers but I am sure its worth it.

Last but not least lets not forget the Country Store. We loaded up on the SWEETEST tomatoes and cucumbers. And of course the pies. The apple one was a hit BUT the very berry one was AMAZING!

Visited September 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Good Old Fashioned Family Fun!”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We were there to pick blackberries and the crop was abundant and tasty. Our sons picked away as they ate their way through the blackberry bushes. We then drove over to dig potatoes (Appalachian Blue variety I believe) & had the best time with our very young boys digging in the dirt. Though we brought our own shovels, Butler's Orchard will provide them for you free of charge. The potatoes were absolutely delicious with a more meaty & less starchy flavor. A-W-E-S-O-M-E! We are looking forward to returning for apple picking & pumpkins
very soon.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank FamilyVacationing1
Kensington, Maryland
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Apple and raspberry picking”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The raspberries were amazing. My son had a great time picking up the leaves to find the ripe ones. There were 6 or 7 varieties of apples ripe and we wandered around getting a few of each. I liked the golden delicious best for eating. Both the kids also enjoyed digging potatoes and picking flowers. The prices were reasonable and the staff helpful and friendly. I was glad we went early in the morning. It was Saturday and by 10 am the place was getting really crowded and parking was at a premium. I definitely recommend going during the week if you are able. Also a good idea to bring your own containers. Our reusable grocery bags were perfect for apple picking. The Orchard sells disposable ones, but at somewhat inflated prices.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Holly D
Mumbai (Bombay), India
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Fun and fruit for the family.”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We went to pick strawberries in June and I can honestly state that they were the best I ever had. They were so juicy, red and delicious. It was a fun activity for the family with searching for the best berries , plucking them off the shrubs and carefully depositing them in large plastic boxes. This was followed by a whole week of strawberries and cream, fresh strawberry shakes and strawberry ice-cream. The remainder went into strawberry preserve, jars of which yet serve as a pleasant reminder of the trip.

Visited June 2013