Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
NJ
“Never ran so fast...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

I booked through Hotels.com and since they cancelled the reservation the system won't let me review it. Bed bugs, burned carpets and more. I have NEVER had to switch hotels mid-trip before but I did today. I always check the bed and other areas before bringing my bags in the room. I found bed bug poo or scat between the mattress and a fully engorged bug with big pinchers. I called Hotels.com and they issued a refund after checking with the hotel that I did check out. But I had to find a room for the night with my skin crawling still. I moved to another property without their help and am satisfied. Believe what the review say, it is a shelter for families and very dirty.

Room Tip: Heed the reviews and don't believe the good ones, they are probably false.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Gary B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

I checked in here for a few days, while traveling on business. The first thing I noticed was the slimey floor in the kitchen. I actually went out and bought a mop and Pine Sol to clean it up.
The stovetop has two settings: off, or ON so hot it burns everything you cook! Also, the dishwasher sounds like a freight train rolling through the room. It is very loud, and actually has a sticker advising guests that the loud, whiny mechanical sound you hear at the start of a wash cycle is NORMAL.
The sink and tub in the bathroom both drain very slowly, so you finish your shower in a pool of soapy waste water.
The rest of the room was okay. The fridge was clean. The carpet felt like it should get professionally cleaned.

• Stayed September 2011
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

I don't understand all the belly aching about this location. I have used HSS in Germantown on and off for a number of years now and yes it has become a little tired but what to you want for $75 per night!!!! the place is clean, staff are nice and helpfull and a great location - bang on the I270.

If fit for purpose isn't your bag then splash a little more cash and trade up!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

This beauty began with the Corporate payment for the stay being "lost" and me having to pay for it again when I checked in, then they miraculously found it two days later and eventually refunded my credit card. Then a stopped up toilet that took forever to get fixed, and when the guy finally DID show up, he REMOVED THE DO NOT DISTURB SIGN OFF MY DOOR AND ENTERED ANYWAY, waking me up and startling me out of two years' life.

This place from the DOUBLE BEDS to the marginal at best amenities is so poorly owned and managed the signs should be taken down. It's a disgrace to Homestead to have this thing in its midst.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank DfDoe
TRCB.Video
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2010

I've been a road warrior all my life. Work picked here for me because of location to training. The 'heads up' by the client was lost in the shuffle. The crap started even before arrival.

Due to the 1st snow storm, I had the video crew head down in a 4x4 from NY, in case the airport was closed (it was). Renee said on the phone the day before arrival we had an invalid reservation. This caused an uproar. When this was found to be BS, Renee kept avoiding calls until she went home. Calling at 6 AM Sunday, another person confirmed within moments.

Renee continued to cause issues. Pretended the room was not pre-paid when the crew arrived. Put the crew in a room where they could not get the Super Bowl game!

The door blew open many times in the 2nd snow storm. On our last day, she called early reminding us of check out, and said we had to come to the office to 'sign something'.

She would not give more than one room key.

After moving to the FairField (had to stay longer to finish the business) we did some research. We we're surprised to find out how many police and fire dept. 'visits' the place gets. (We saw visits during our 3 day stay). It turns out in Germantown, MD (metro D.C.) this place is 'famous' for all the wrong reasons. Well beyond the dirt and frequent visits from the cities first responders.

I have stayed at other HomeSteads. Certainly I didn't expect THIS.

HomeStead should pull their name off this place.

I cannot begin to tell all, and none of it is good.
All 3 of us got ill on the 3rd day.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank TRCB
maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2010

As a student I know obtaining a room at 19 is very hard. I called before I made the reservations with the hotel to make sure that myself being 19 was not a problem, the women I spoke to said it would be no problem as you only have to be 18. I needed an early checkin in ( 2 hours before normal check in) I asked about that, and they said I had to call that morning of check in to say I needed one, instead of them simply reading the request I made on the reservation. When I went to check in the women was extremely rude, she carried on with her personal phone conversation instead of checking me in. When I became extremely frustrated I said something, for her to just give me an attitude. NO manners were used from her, She asked for my CC, I provided her with it. She simply went to charge it, I stopped her and asked to know the total before she charged it, she said Ill give you a Receipt when im done. AFTER she charged my CC she said OH I can't check you in, you are not 21. I asked to speak to a Manager, and she was completely rude about that. The manager did not want to check me in either, untill I mentioned that his employee has already CHARGED my credit card, he insisted it was only authorized, but it wasnt' there were 2 copies she authorized then went ahead and decided to charge it. I stay in hotels everyweek, and never do they CHARGE your CC at check, it is charged at Check-out. After all the hasstle- 1 hour! I was finally given a room key, with 2 rooms numbers! Therefor I had to try both rooms and she did not inform me which room. I took my shoes off, just to step in old food on the floor! and dirty bed linens! Please save yourself the time and hassle, do not stay at this hotel!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank mag4690
Indian Land, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2008

My husband and I were put up in this hotel by my good friend. We were in town for her wedding. Anyways, our hotel room was not in good shape at all. The carpet and floors were not the cleanest, one of the closet doors was broken, and one of the pillows had some kind of stain on it.

In addition, the bathroom was disgusting, and it looked like it had not been cleaned regularly (especially the bathtub area). I didn't even want to shower in that bathroom, but I got lucky and showered at my friend's house the night before the wedding.

Lastly, my husband encountered a rather shady-looking man just hanging out for no apparent reason one night.

There were a few pros, however. The hotel is VERY close to I-270, shopping and restaurants are within a 10-minute radius, and DC is about 30-40 minutes down the road either by driving or taking the Metro.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel, though.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank kaimantha
DcWatcher, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, responded to this review, 18 March 2009
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Germantown. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Germantown
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone
Fairfield Inn & Suites Germantown Gaithersburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Gaithersburg/Washington, DC North
HYATT house Gaithersburg
HYATT house Gaithersburg
#3 of 15 in Gaithersburg

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center

Property: Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center
Address: 20141 Century Blvd, Germantown, MD 20874 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Washington, D.C. - Germantown)
Region: United States > Maryland > Germantown
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Washington-Germantown Hotel Germantown