Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center
Motel 6
  • Restaurant
US$124
US$109
All reviewsgrab and gobad reviewsquick tripgreat roomgrocery storeclean roomsmovie theateringriddeliverylibrarysirahrelationshipmarylandihopemployeeshighwaycompany
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Brock and stephany are really helpful and cheery. The hotel rooms have been rerenovated and they are very nice and cozy.There is a to go breakfast bar which is new.Plus there is wifi which is also nice

• Stayed: January 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your comfortable room, our grab-and-go breakfast and free Wi-Fi. As well, it is great to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and cheerful during your stay. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

No complaints overall. Got the room through Orbitz, so it was cheaper than the local Motel 6. The room was very clean and the hotel is located on an industrial park, so Saturday night was completely quiet. There's something going on with the pipes on the upper floor of building 200 though... sounds like they're filming a battle scene in a scifi movie or using a teleportation device. Anyway, that's what I was thinking as I drifted off to sleep. Not so bad, but if you're the type that can't sleep due to a dripping faucet then this simply won't work for you.

Also, don't be a fool like me and forget your body soap at home. Nice that they offer some, but they should market it to acne prone teens. Glad I managed to remember my moisturizer.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Save1star
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the cleanliness of your room; however, we apologize for the noise you mentioned and are taking steps to locate the source of the disturbance. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed for about 5 weeks.I enjoyed everyone at the front desk they went above and beyond to meet my needs.overall the staff should be well rewarded for their outstanding service.I would like to thank Amena and Donna and Stephanie for everything they do.They all made my stay excellent.I was skeptical at first about staying here but after meeting those friendly ladies they are the reason why i continued my stay there. Stephanie is the general manager and she knows how to run a hotel i commend her.My only complaint is the grab and go breakfast is a joke.If you all are going to offer a grab and go option you may want to consider a juice option as well everyone doesnt drink hot beverages.I probably will never stay at another extended stay america but if im in the DMV area i will stay there again because of the staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate you sharing your comments regarding the breakfast. We are sorry the options did not meet your needs, but are happy to read that we provided you with great customer service and the staff was responsive to your needs.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I started my stay when it was a Homestead Suites and it was converted to an Extended Stay America. My family and I are relocating to the Germantown area and I came several months in advance to my family. I experienced no issues during my multi month stay. I read the recent reviews and did not experience any of problems stated. In fact, I didn't see one insect at any time in my room. All front desk personnel were polite and provided the necessary services when asked. Like any place else some people are easier to deal with than others, but no one was ever really rude. I have to think real hard to come up with any real complaint. Since no place is perfect my complaint would be I wish they had more channels to choose from. However, they do have two Showtime channels. Sci-fi, TCM, etc. would be a great improvement. I'm just not an ESPN person. However, I did enjoy some of the old time reruns on the ESPN Classic. Since I knew I would be staying multiple months, I brought a DVD player and I used it to hook up to Netflix through the free Wi-Fi. I got all the movies I needed to keep me occupied. The Wi-Fi was upgrade to be faster during my stay. Compared to the price of other hotels in this area this place is a great deal for what you get. The personnel I enjoyed working with during my stay were Amena, Stephanie and Brock.,

Room Tip: No swimming pool or fitness center. My room was in the 100 Building.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are delighted to know you felt "at home" during your stay with us. We appreciate you letting us know about the channels you are interested in and we are in the process of upgrading our channel package.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My friends and I stayed there as it was near the Ragnar Relay course. The front desk staff were so incredibly rude that I will never stay at another "Extended Stay America" hotel again. I called two days prior to put the reservation in a friend's name as she would be arriving first. The woman I spoke with assured me that the room had been transferred to my friend. I asked if she should still mention my name at check-in and the woman screamed "IT'S NO LONGER YOUR ROOM"!!! Sure enough, my friends arrived and were unable to check in because it was STILL under my name! The incompetence of the staff was astounding.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melissa G
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Melissa - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the issues that took place during your reservation process and the miscommunication that followed is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have shared your comments with the staff to ensure your experience is not repeated and that all staff upholds our standards for guest satisfaction.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at gtn @extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.