I stayed at this Fairfield for a family event in the area. I am a Marriott frequent stayer and recommended the hotel to several family members. The property is very attractive and the rooms and common areas are very nice are well maintained. The service, not so much. When we checked in the afternoon/evening staff was wonderful, helpful and accomodating.
Breakfast the next morning was a train wreck. They had a good selection of items. but they were constantly running out of things with only one breakfast attendant who RAN around trying his very best to keep things in stock, but it was not a one person job. When my elderly mother went to speak to the front desk person about the problems with the breakfast she told her that it was not the front desk's problem, the breakfast was "another department". In addition, the breakfast area is the smallest I have ever seen at a Fairfield and we never could get a seat either morning, we had to take the food back to our rooms and balance eating it there.
When I went to take a shower I found that I had no shampoo and that my shower head had been left pointing directly in to the bathroom rather than the tub. Before I knew it my bathroom was flooded. I called the front desk to ask to have shampoo sent up but she said she didn't know when someone from housekeeping would be available to bring it to me (when I left my room 1/2 hr later they were in my hallway with their carts).
The internet service is free, but every time you walk away from your computer for a few minutes it disconnects you and you have to log on again, another thing I have never had at any other Marriott properties.
These are all admittedly minor things, but I stick with Marriotts because they have a certain level of service. This hotel did not have that service level, except the evening front desk staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Germantown, Maryland hotel, newly renovated in 2016, is approximately 30 miles from major Washington, D.C./Baltimore airports Ronald Reagan National Airport, Washington Dulles International Airport and Baltimore Washington International Airport and is easily accessible off of I-270 via exit 15B. Fairfield Inn & Suites Germantown Gaithersburg features free WiFi and on-site parking. Each guest room is furnished with a work desk, TV, microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. Enjoy complimentary hot breakfast each morning and free coffee anytime in the lobby. The indoor pool, hot tub and fitness center are readily available, as well as a business center and laundry room. Centrally located, our hotel in Germantown is a 5 minute walk to the Department of Energy and restaurants, such as LongHorn Steakhouse, IHOP and Green Turtle. Travel to Washington, D.C. with the Shady Grove Metro Center 5 miles away. We're also near Germantown attractions Black Rock Center for the Arts & Discovery Sports Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Germantown Gaithersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Germantown Gaithersburg
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Germantown Gaithersburg Hotel Germantown
- Fairfield Inn Germantown
- Fairfield Germantown
- Germantown Fairfield Inn