“Can't Feel Safe if Drugs are Part of the Experience”

Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Can't Feel Safe if Drugs are Part of the Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed three nights. One night there was constant running through the halls by people. Room walls seemed thin, heard everything and affected sleep. Next night the stench of marijuana was so bad in halls it filtered into my room. Seemed to be shady people hanging outside or in lobby at times. Hotel staff claims they addressed it but seemed more concerned that it was smoke rather than a mind altering substance. Free breakfast is not breakfast. An orange and coffee when I don't drink coffee is not breakfast. I never felt safe nor comfortable. I would stay away.

On the only okay side, the rooms were average, although my room had the knob to turn a bath to a shower broken.

Room Tip: Ask for a drug free experience.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank tiedyeclothing
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the noise levels, odors and maintenance issues in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with our entire staff to review our guest protocol so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Please know, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Also, I will meet with our engineers to work on improving our maintenance policies. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel.

If you would like to add any additional comments, please feel free to contact me directly at, dct@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife and I stayed four days after a business trip in downtown, DC. Prices are good for the area, the property was in perfect condition and the location is close to both I-270 and the nearby DOE Germantown complex. There was no traffic noise for I-270. A caution for handicapped visitors: this is a two story motel with no elevator. Ask for a ground floor room if you can't handle stairs.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rudybaga
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our location and the great condition of our hotel. I look forward to sharing your kind remarks with our team. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

Hi,
I had never heard of Extended Stay America, I am a Marriott person, but when my power went out and this was the only place available, I said yes. I was so pleasantly suprised. Greg at the front desk and then Maria were so helpful and friendly. The hotel room was clean and comfortable with a small kitchen, desk and nice size table. They also have 4 pillows on each bed two sturdy, and two down that are flatter! I usually only get my down flat pillows at much more expensive hotels! I also learned that I could bring bring my dog! I have horrible allergies, but was fine in my room. The first night we had a one queen room, and the second night my son joined us in a double queen room. Both rooms were clean and nice. It is also a nice location, near Wegman's and anything you need in Germantown. My new power outage home! I did Express on Priceline and the price was awesome!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank macdru123
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased that we were able to provide you with an enjoyable stay at a great value. I am happy that you enjoyed our convenient location and your fully equipped kitchen. As well, I am glad to hear that you found our staff, especially Greg and Maria, to be helpful and friendly. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have been living here for over 3 months it is in a great location and the employees are very nice, pleasant, the customer service is wonderful and they make you feel comfortable, the rooms are clean and huge. I would recommend the stay here to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank msvirgo89
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our friendly staff and I am glad that you were pleased with our location. As well, it is great to read that you enjoyed your clean, spacious room.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We hope to see you soon.
Germantown, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

the staff are friendly and polite, the rooms are clean and the place is quiet. Good breakfast with two coffee options enjoyed my stay tremendously and felt very much at home. The Location of ESA is very convenient and close to I270, milestone shopping center, lots of restaurants in Germantown. Loved the go breakfast simple and sufficient.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the staff and that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

I like the staff they are very caring and have great customer service. I never had a problem with none of my stays at the homested and now that they have on the go breakfast Im so happy I also like the fact that its now the extended stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff provided you with great service and that you enjoyed our newest feature, the grab-and-go breakfast. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

The location of this ESA is great. It's convenient to stores and the like. I had to stay for a few months due to relo and was waiting on a house. The staff members were helpful and accommodating to me and my family. Alicia P. was kind to me and my family. I would stay again without question!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Anonemuss M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and our helpful staff, especially Alicia. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team.

Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. We hope you enjoy your new home!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Germantown
Fairfield Inn & Suites Germantown Gaithersburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Germantown - Gaithersburg
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Town Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Gaithersburg/Washington, DC North

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone

Property: Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone
Address: 12450 Milestone Center Dr, Germantown, MD 20876
Region: United States > Maryland > Germantown
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Germantown
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Germantown - Milestone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Germantown