“great hotel, but horrible shuttle service”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Glen Burnie
Leroy, NY
“great hotel, but horrible shuttle service”
Reviewed 17 April 2011

Stayed here recently for one night before catching a cruise out of Port of Baltimore. Got a package deal here that included the one night stay, breakfast, parking for the 12 days we would be on the cruise, and shuttle service to and from the Port. The price was right. The hotel was very nice and surpassed our expectations. The breakfast was fantastic with a wide variety of choices for a continentlal breakfast. Lots of guests present most of whom going on the cruise. This hotel was completely unprepared to shuttle the number of guests signed up for this service. I found that suprising since everyone had resverations in advance so how could they not prepare? The shuttle service offered by this hotel was atrocious. We booked our shuttle to leave at 10:30 a.m. Our "shuttle" did not leave until 12:30 pm and it was 4 of us stuffed into the manager's small compact car to finally get to the Port. Upon our return from the cruise, we called to be picked up and had to wait in the cold for almost TWO hours! Repeated phone calls to the hotel management got a different story each time. This was a nice hotel but would not stay here again due to the extremely poor shuttle service.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JulieM55

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Troy, New York
Reviewed 14 April 2011

I recently stayed at this property due to a cancelled flight at BWI ($65 Nationwide rate). I was initially skeptical about the hotel b/c I have never stayed at a LaQuinta property before but I have to say the room was very clean, nice flat screen TV (no HD) and the staff was very accomodating. The down side is they only have one shuttle and I had to wait over 45 minutes for it to come pick me up at BWI and then in the morning I had to take a cab ($21) b/c shuttle does not start running until 8am.
If you are stuck at BWI and need a nice place or if you are driving on I695 and need a place to lay your head, this is a nice option. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 6 April 2011

While this was a perfectly adequate hotel with a clean room and comfortable bed, I was appalled by the view of a cargo container of trash just outside of my window. When I told the clerk, he stated that they didn't know it was there. Really? A cargo container? Full of trash? Also the lobby smelled like cigarette smoke. Yuck.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
dipenp, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie, responded to this review, 13 April 2011
We apologize for the dumpster in our back parking lot. We had to place a dumpster there because of some renovation work going on in the Hotel and we thought it would be a better idea to keep the unwanted stuff in the dumpster rather than letting it sit on the floor. Also, all the public areas in the Hotel are non-smoking but sometimes guest smoke outside the lobby and walk in carrying the smell of smoke with them. We try and freshen up the lobby and other public areas as soon as we realize that there is smell of smoke. We will try and be more prompt in freshening up the area in the future.
virgil
Reviewed 4 April 2011

My husband, myself and our trusty little dog stayed one night on our way home from N.Carolina. The reviews I read on "tripadvisor" were a great source as well as very accurate.This hotel has just been completely renovated and was very very nice. The staff was very helpful. The breakfast buffet was better than what most hotels of the same class has to offer. Rooms are big clean and modern....GREAT T.V.
This is a great pet friendly hotel.....the mattress has a heavy plastic cover on it, not so comfortable to sleep on.I understand why ...but I would have slept better if there was a decent padded mattress cover on it. Otherwise this hotel is a great petfriendly hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on upper floors...quieter.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 March 2011

clean rooms with comfortable beds. Check-in staff were incredibly friendly and attentive. Made you feel comfortable and welcomed. Breakfast is free and plentiful. WiFi also in your room for no additional charge.The bed was large and very comfortable. will stay again .

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Salem, Ohio
Reviewed 24 March 2011

The hotel is beautiful and well taken care of and comfortable. The Breakfast room and choice were amazing.
We booked the hotel to stay the night before our cruise. We took advantage of the park and shuttle to the port. Very good deal and cheaper than parking at the port.
HOWEVER, the shuttle took over 2 hours to come pick us up. When we were dropped off at the port, people were waiting and complaining about the long wait. I was hoping that would not be the case with us but it turns out it was.
We were waiting in an area our porter guided us to, where many other hotels shuttles picked up. I called the hotel with my name and phone number. They told us 20 minutes. We waited so long that we were the last of 2300 passengers to leave the port. I understand that perhaps we were not in the expected place but they did have my phone number. After 6 calls, they finally admitted that they could not find us. We relocated and did get picked up. When we entered the van - there was my name and phone number on the dash board. NO Excuse for the extremely long wait. Next time, we'll park at the port!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Elkhart, Indiana
Reviewed 3 February 2011

Room was clean, big. Fast internet, plug is at the base of the lamp on the desk, no rooting around the floor for an outlet.
That hotel is the first thing I thought of when I needed a place to stay after my cruise....I like it so much as my pre-cruise stay. Booked a later flight home than I thought.
Free shuttle from airport, and to the cruise pier.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Burnie
Hampton Inn Baltimore / Glen Burnie
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Glen Burnie
Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie
Comfort Inn & Suites BWI Airport
Best Western Plus BWI Airport North Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Hotel & Conference Center

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie? Share your experiences!