“Not up to simple expectations” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie

La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Glen Burnie
Kansas City
“Not up to simple expectations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

I recently stayed there and was hoping for something simple without the food perks but still solid room traits. Unfortunately what I ended up getting was unresponsive door lock systems, rooms with approximately 80% humidity (w/ AC), pillowcases that felt like sandpaper, and outside doors that love to slam so loud you wonder about waking everyone down the hall. My few days there were limited to come in to shower and sleep so in their defense I opted not to have them remedy my situation wondering if the first night was just a fluke. Sadly it was not. The people were nice enough when I saw them at check-in and check-out. I did not get to try to food as hoped for because of work obligations and constantly running. In all, I can not recommend this place. Hopefully my experiences were just a one off.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank alyster4k

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

We enjoyed our 2 night stay. Quite & Clean
The breakfast room was spacious and well taken care of.
We were not familiar with the area and it turned out great for us.

1 Thank Pittsburgher86
Mansfield, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

Check in was easy and we had a total of 4 rooms. 1 smoking on a different floor. Weather was not good to use the pool but it was a little dirty for my taste. The hotel was clean and in a good location. The parking package for cruise passengers and the free shuttle was the selling point when we booked. WE arranged for the 9 AM shuttle for 9 of us to the port. Tried to cram all 9 in a 8 passenger van plus luggage. No way but they had the office manager follow the van and took 3 of the passengers. So all was okay at the end. We were told to make sure we told them we had 9 people when we were to be picked up . We were first group to call them upon arriving back in Baltimore. Just as we were about to get on the van a very large family with a lot of kids ran and got in the van which meant we would have to wait another hour. One of our party explained to the driver that we were first to call and he did make them all get out and wait until the next pickup.
There were a couple of things wrong like the TV did not work in one room and then the air conditioner did not work in another. They were prompt in getting air conditioner fixed right away and moved the party with the TV problem to another room One room did not have the bathroom cleaned appeared they had forgotten it. Call to desk and someone came and cleaned it very promptly. Breakfeast was very good for a hotel. Small problems easily handled. Would chose it again if we cruised out of baltimore.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank cruisinonnie
Shirley, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

From the looks of this hotel it looks good! But take a closer look. in our room the toilet handle needed to be juggled to get the water to stop running, the bathroom door stuck because it was coming off the hinge, and in the shower the handle was coming off. But that was not the worst of it! We were there for Hurricane Irene! The lights went out. The Hotel did NOT have a back up generator. so we were in the dark. The windows do not open up and the emergency lights went out about 3am and the interior hallway was pitch black. I could not sleep i felt like i was suffocating. We were going to stay another night at this hotel because we were going to leave our car there when we went on out cruise. But I could not sleep in that room another night. The worst part about this hotel is the management did not even attempt to find their guest other accommodations. They just expected the guests to stay there! I went to their sister hotel and booked a room for the night. Then when I got back from my cruise they tried to charge me for the third night. They did not discount the night with no air or lights. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank angelsx22
dipenp, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie, responded to this review, 13 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Baltimore South-Glen Burnie La Quinta. I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. We will definitely try to work on the maintenance issues pointed out by you. We also apologize for the inconvenience because of loss of power but unfortunately we had little control over the situation with the power outage. We did try to do everything in our capacity to help out in the situation including setting up of breakfast or directing customers to another hotel for breakfast which was covered by us. We provided limited housekeeping service for customers that were staying over during the outage. We even contacted Hotels in the area to look for availability and directed our guests looking for alternative accommodation to the hotels that had availability. Hurricane Irene and subsequent power outage was also a learning experience for us which will help us be more prepared and enable us to do a better job at serving our customers during a natural calamity.

Your satisfaction and continued trust in La Quinta Inn are our top priorities. We look forward to showing you that we are working hard to make sure each visit meets your expectations and our high standards

Feel free to contact me directly for any questions or concerns
Martinsville, NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

I choose this hotel since they had a shuttle to and from the cruiseport. I called the hotel, as I was advised to do as I was exiting the ship. I called many times thereafter. The woman at the desk did not have the driver's telephone number. Then finally, when she was able to get hold of him. I was told he would be there in 10-15 minutes. My family and I were not picked up for almost 1 1/2 hours after I called the hotel. Then when the van came, there was another family also waiting. Realizing their error of trying to fit 10 people plus luggage into a small van, they called "for a second car." When the "second car" arrived, it was a compact car that seated 4-including the driver. We had to squeeze into the car with my youngest son (age 7) laying across the laps of my older children. I will NEVER use this hotel or any hotel in this chain again. NEVER AGAIN!

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank bns298
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

It was a little hard to find but that was GPS error..The checkin process was very quick and were in our room within 10 minutes.. They have a side door close to parking area that the elevators are located so is very convenient. The rooms are spacious and clean . The beds are very comfortable and the microwave and refrigerator were a added bonus.. The breakfast was very nice and much more than your normal continental breakfast that normally include waffles. Eggs, sausgae and fried potatoes were also available. There was a nice size outdoor pool, and sun deck \which was refreshing and the pool was open for a good amount of time..Close to shopping and all major attractions...This is my 2nd stay at a La quinta and this stay was just as good as my 1st one in Florida..!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are spacious!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

My family reunion was a big success, thanks in part to the selection of the LaQuinta in Glen Burnie for our weekend of events. The rate we received was a great value for the rooms with all of their updated amenities. I heard no complaints about the accommodations from family members. Rather, the were compliments of the cleanlinest and spaciousness of their rooms. My personal pet peeve is that a room must not just look clean, but it also smells fresh and clean (no deoderants to mask smells). The Hotel met this requirement. The location was ideal for Baltimore, Annapolis and Washington, DC and family members took full advantage of the location for their free day on Saturday to visit museums, the casino, the habor, shopping and many other points of interest. The LaQuinta staff (family) was always courteous, helpful and accommodating to make sure our choice of their Hotel was the right one. The only two complaints were for the non-working elevator and Sunday morning breakfast (sausage was not replenished). These two were minor in terms of our overall satisfaction. I would recommend the Hotel to friends or a group who want to be close to the three major cities but avoid in city pricing, taxes and parking fees. Sincerely, Dr. A. R. Jennings

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Burnie
Hampton Inn Baltimore / Glen Burnie
Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Glen Burnie
Best Western Plus BWI Airport North
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI ...
#19 of 29 in Linthicum Heights

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie? Share your experiences!