“Enjoyed my Stay and Gr8 Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie

La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Glen Burnie
Milford, Connecticut
“Enjoyed my Stay and Gr8 Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

Hotel and room was very clean, staff was friendly and accommodating. Would recommend to stay here.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Kingman, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

When I planned an over night stay at this budget to mid priced hotel, I didn't imagine that I would find La Quinta to be anything spectacular. I merely hoped for a bed bug free, clean and safe establishment. Not a high bar, I realize, but it was a last minute plan and just something to help ease the burden of my airline travel the day after the stay. To my enormous pleasure, I discovered the La Quinta to be recently modeled and attractive. My king suite was extremely pleasant and had a welcoming presentation. The fridge unit, plasma tv, comfortable bed, fold out sofa and work desk with free wireless connection met my needs with some class and style, particularly for the price! The entire staff did not merely manage their duties with a perfunctory air, but actually were courteous and friendly. While there I took advantage of the reasonably priced shuttle service to BWI. This also reduced the stress of travel and my drop off and pickup was a seamlessly executed without a bit of trouble. I felt comfortable leaving my vehicle in the well lighted parking lot. To my surprise, I found myself wondering when I'd be in the area again and in doing so, made of note of this particular hotel. Obviously, I highly recommend this hotel. I have stayed at a few luxury hotels and not received the personalized friendly service that I did here. For the price, you really cannot beat the La Quinta, at least at this particular location!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the king suite. It's absolutely worth it.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Jennifer D
Kansas City
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

I recently stayed there and was hoping for something simple without the food perks but still solid room traits. Unfortunately what I ended up getting was unresponsive door lock systems, rooms with approximately 80% humidity (w/ AC), pillowcases that felt like sandpaper, and outside doors that love to slam so loud you wonder about waking everyone down the hall. My few days there were limited to come in to shower and sleep so in their defense I opted not to have them remedy my situation wondering if the first night was just a fluke. Sadly it was not. The people were nice enough when I saw them at check-in and check-out. I did not get to try to food as hoped for because of work obligations and constantly running. In all, I can not recommend this place. Hopefully my experiences were just a one off.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank alyster4k
MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

We enjoyed our 2 night stay. Quite & Clean
The breakfast room was spacious and well taken care of.
We were not familiar with the area and it turned out great for us.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Pittsburgher86
Mansfield, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

Check in was easy and we had a total of 4 rooms. 1 smoking on a different floor. Weather was not good to use the pool but it was a little dirty for my taste. The hotel was clean and in a good location. The parking package for cruise passengers and the free shuttle was the selling point when we booked. WE arranged for the 9 AM shuttle for 9 of us to the port. Tried to cram all 9 in a 8 passenger van plus luggage. No way but they had the office manager follow the van and took 3 of the passengers. So all was okay at the end. We were told to make sure we told them we had 9 people when we were to be picked up . We were first group to call them upon arriving back in Baltimore. Just as we were about to get on the van a very large family with a lot of kids ran and got in the van which meant we would have to wait another hour. One of our party explained to the driver that we were first to call and he did make them all get out and wait until the next pickup.
There were a couple of things wrong like the TV did not work in one room and then the air conditioner did not work in another. They were prompt in getting air conditioner fixed right away and moved the party with the TV problem to another room One room did not have the bathroom cleaned appeared they had forgotten it. Call to desk and someone came and cleaned it very promptly. Breakfeast was very good for a hotel. Small problems easily handled. Would chose it again if we cruised out of baltimore.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank cruisinonnie
Shirley, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

From the looks of this hotel it looks good! But take a closer look. in our room the toilet handle needed to be juggled to get the water to stop running, the bathroom door stuck because it was coming off the hinge, and in the shower the handle was coming off. But that was not the worst of it! We were there for Hurricane Irene! The lights went out. The Hotel did NOT have a back up generator. so we were in the dark. The windows do not open up and the emergency lights went out about 3am and the interior hallway was pitch black. I could not sleep i felt like i was suffocating. We were going to stay another night at this hotel because we were going to leave our car there when we went on out cruise. But I could not sleep in that room another night. The worst part about this hotel is the management did not even attempt to find their guest other accommodations. They just expected the guests to stay there! I went to their sister hotel and booked a room for the night. Then when I got back from my cruise they tried to charge me for the third night. They did not discount the night with no air or lights. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank angelsx22
dipenp, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie, responded to this review, 13 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Baltimore South-Glen Burnie La Quinta. I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. We will definitely try to work on the maintenance issues pointed out by you. We also apologize for the inconvenience because of loss of power but unfortunately we had little control over the situation with the power outage. We did try to do everything in our capacity to help out in the situation including setting up of breakfast or directing customers to another hotel for breakfast which was covered by us. We provided limited housekeeping service for customers that were staying over during the outage. We even contacted Hotels in the area to look for availability and directed our guests looking for alternative accommodation to the hotels that had availability. Hurricane Irene and subsequent power outage was also a learning experience for us which will help us be more prepared and enable us to do a better job at serving our customers during a natural calamity.

Your satisfaction and continued trust in La Quinta Inn are our top priorities. We look forward to showing you that we are working hard to make sure each visit meets your expectations and our high standards

Feel free to contact me directly for any questions or concerns
Martinsville, NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

I choose this hotel since they had a shuttle to and from the cruiseport. I called the hotel, as I was advised to do as I was exiting the ship. I called many times thereafter. The woman at the desk did not have the driver's telephone number. Then finally, when she was able to get hold of him. I was told he would be there in 10-15 minutes. My family and I were not picked up for almost 1 1/2 hours after I called the hotel. Then when the van came, there was another family also waiting. Realizing their error of trying to fit 10 people plus luggage into a small van, they called "for a second car." When the "second car" arrived, it was a compact car that seated 4-including the driver. We had to squeeze into the car with my youngest son (age 7) laying across the laps of my older children. I will NEVER use this hotel or any hotel in this chain again. NEVER AGAIN!

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Glen Burnie
Best Western Plus BWI Airport North
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
Staybridge Suites Baltimore BWI ...
#19 of 29 in Linthicum Heights

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie? Share your experiences!