I stayed at this hotel for one night because my usual hotel (Hampton Inn) was fully booked for this particular night (June 9). I notified the hotel that I would be arriving late, but guaranteed my reservation via prepaying for the room with a credit card. Upon arrival at 9:20p.m. I was told by the front desk that they were "hit hard by tourists and only had one room available and it was a smoking room". I was further informed to take it or leave it because there was a line of people who wanted a room. If I did not want this room, I had the option of traveling across town (22 miles) to another location.
This put me between me in a very uncomfortable situation. I was not familiar with the surrounding area and was traveling alone (26 year old Asian female). I did not feel safe traveling across an unfamiliar city in the dark alone. I reluctantly accepted the smoking room.
When I entered the room, it was filty! The sheets on the bed were not fresh. They were reused from the night before! The front desk was so busy that they put me on hold (when I called) for a very long time. I decided to sleep on the dirty conforter in my clothes! This room smelled horrible! Like a saloon! There was even ashes on the floor and in the ashtray! I was almost like a scene out of a hollywood mobster movie!
Their was multiple occassions throughout the night when people were arguing or just plain being loud in their drunken stuper. I was in town for 6 weeks for business training. I am very thankful that my company only put me here for 1 night!
The next monring, I literally ran out of the hotel, got into my car and went to work. I had a migrane headache and was stressed out. This was not conduscive to a business setting!
A day later, I made a complaint via the La Quinta website. Within two hours, the manager called and left me a voicemail. It appears that corporate is strict about customer complaints, but after the voicemail was left, the system showed that the complaint was resolved! I called numerous times to speak to the general manager, Farhaz (410-636-4300), but he NEVER returned my calls. I think that once left me a voicemail, his obligations in the complaint process was completed.
I have stayed at the Days Inn and the Hamption Inn and they are far much more superior than the La Quinta. I will never stay at another La Quinta ever again (unless I am in another pardicament). What a dive!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South is a full service hotel located 6 miles of downtown Baltimore. Is the nearest and the cheapest hotel near BWI Airport. La Quinta is one of the affordable hotels in Baltimore which features 95 non smoking rooms along with all amenities and services. The hotel offers free high speed internet, fitness center, business services and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Baltimore South / Glen Burnie
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South / Glen Burnie Hotel Glen Burnie