La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie
US$157
  • Breakfast included
US$138
Fairfield Inn
All reviewsfront deskcruise terminalroom was cleancruise packageshuttle servicebooked this hotelbreakfast barfree breakfastgreat place to staywould stay here againlight railinner harbordaniellabaltimorelqbwiaccommodations
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I’m a frequent traveler (over 2.5 million airline miles). I’ve stayed at good hotels, bad hotels and everything in between. But my recent stay at the LaQuinta in Glen Burnie, Md was one of the worst. The prepaid reservation was a package air fare/hotel deal made through Southwest Airlines Jackpot for my wife and me. The reservation had been made about three months in advance. When we arrived, the confirmed room had been given to someone else. The non-smoking, king size bed suite became a stinky smoking room with two double beds. After much arguing with a very limited English speaking desk clerk my wife and I got a non-smoking room, but still with only double beds. I discussed the problem the next day with the General Manager, got no satisfaction from him, and he refused to tell me the name of his supervisor or even who the LaQuinta franchise owner was. When I insisted, he hung up on me. The next night, we were moved to the room we had reserved. It had a few minor issues. The key cards worked inconsistently, the shower handle was loose and missing a screw. The ultimate insult came when we went to check out. The same desk clerk we had difficulty with when we checked in charged my personal credit card the entire “pre-paid” amount for the four night stay. We had little time to argue as we had a flight to catch. We departed with the charge still pending. I left my cell phone number to be called back by the manager. That didn’t happen but when I did call I was told the charge had been corrected.
With little recourse (remember the manager had refused to provide any escalation path) I contacted LaQuinta customer service. They did compensate us for the first night’s stay, offering a future free night rather than a refund. Of course that will require us to stay there again in order to collect. If you are looking for a satisfactory customer experience, I do not recommend this LaQuinta.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave041152
Farhaz J, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate your feedback; it is our goal to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time you stay with us. We apologize that your experience was not what you expected from La Quinta.

Your continued satisfaction and trust in La Quinta are our top priorities. We hope you will be staying with us again soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Thanks to Shannon and all the staff at LaQuinta in Glen Burnie for a very pleasant stay. We found everything clean and the breakfast was terrific, not your typical sweet and coffee. Everything we asked for and expected was taken care of. We will be returning.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Farhaz J, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

Dear Guest

We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Baltimore South/Glen Burnie La Quinta. Shannon and the entire staff join me in thanking you for the kind words of appreciation. It means a lot to us when someone takes a minute to recognize our effort. We look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.

La Quinta continuously strives to create memorable moments with our guests, through people first service and clean comfortable accommodations. We stand by our commitment to serving our guests to our best ability and hope to always exceed your expectations.

We will see you soon

Reviewed 2 May 2013

Thanks to Shannon and her staff for making my stay an enjoyable one.
RBW.

Room Tip: Just ask the front desk for help.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Farhaz J, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Dear Guest

We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Baltimore South/Glen Burnie La Quinta. I am sure your kind words of appreciation will provide a lot of motivation to Shannon and all our staff

We will see you soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Melbourne, Florida, USA
Reviewed 30 April 2013

While the facility was in good to better condition, the grounds left a lot to be
desired. Trash hadf accumulated around the entire perimeter and the trash
receptacles were overflowing.
There is a disturbing lack of security and supervision of the building during the
late hours. We were awakened on two successive night by loud, rowdy and
inconsiderate guests. I was on the verge of calling 911 when an argument
broke out a 2AM on Apr28 in the entranceway near the elevators. I was unable to reach the night clerk whom I assurme was sleeping.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Farhaz J, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at many La Quintas and by far this is the most disappointing. Decor is typical of the La Quintas. Overall the hotel looked clean.

Chose this hotel as it advertised free parking and free shuttle to BWI. Only to find out the shuttle only runs on the hour beginning at 8 am which was when our flight took off. They also said we'd have to pay an additional $129.00 to leave our car!!!!! We called corporate and they apologized but said they couldn't help us.

There were dogs barking all night long, our bathroom door wouldn't shut, and there were a lot of people hanging around outside. You could hear everything from the nearby rooms!

This will be the last time we ever stay at a La Quinta!! Don't like hidden fees- I've lost all respect for this chain.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Mwing0327
Farhaz J, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Dear Guest

We truly appreciate your feedback; it is our goal to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time you stay with us. We regret that your experience at the Hotel was not as expected.

To avoid any confusions with specifics on our shuttle service, we do list our shuttle hours of operation on all online booking websites and also post a sign at the Hotel front desk that mentions the Hours of operation. To add convenience and comfort before your upcoming journey, we offer a package called 'Park, Sleep, and Go' which includes one nights stay at the Hotel, transportation to and from the airport or cruise port within the shuttle operation timings and parking for up to 14 days. Because this package is currently only bookable through LQ.com or by directly calling the Hotel, we offer to provide the features of the package for reservations made through OTA's by way of an up charge payable directly to the Hotel