“Great location, Friendly Staff”

Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Glen Burnie
Reviewed 6 August 2011

My recent stay at the Days Inn in Glen Burnie by Baltimore was very nice. The room was nicely updated, very comfortable and quiet. All of the hotal staff weere very friendly and helpful. A definite return visit is in order when I am traveling back in that area. They also have a very nice pool complete with a lifeguard.

Room Tip: Facing the pool is preferred
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
daysinngb, Manager at Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for the positive feedback. Your comments about Days Inn Glen Burnie team are encouragement for us. We are pleased that you found our location as per your expectation. This is a great area where every place you can imagine is around here. Outbacks, Wendy’s, IHOP, KFC, McDonalds, Checkers, Taco Bell, Food Lion, Giant, K-mart, Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, (regular and Super) within one mile radius. It is also close enough from Inner Harbor and BWI. We are looking forward to your next trip.

Reviewed 27 July 2011

My husband and I made a last-minute decision to stay in Glen Burnie MD on our way home from vacation. I spoke to Jay, the gentleman at the front desk, a few times by phone before choosing the Days Inn over several other hotels; he was consistently helpful and friendly. The nightly rate at this hotel was the best of numerous in the area and when we arrived we were pleasantly surprised to see that the common areas of the hotel as well as our room were updated, well-appointed, and clean. The included breakfast was substantial with numerous hot offerings. We would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
daysinngb, Manager at Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. We value your feedback and encouragement. Days Inn team is glad that you found our facilities competitive among numerous hotels in the area. We endeavor to provide value for money services to our guests and always try to exceed their expectations. I am glad to know that you found our facilities clean and convenient. We would like to welcome you for the future trips.

Reviewed 25 July 2011

While planning our trip to Baltimore, I discovered most hotels there do not have their own parking lots. This hotel is only 5-6 miles from Baltimore and they have a good sized, well lit parking area. We stayed for four nights and had no problems bigger than having to go to the front desk to ask for a box of tissue. The room we had was very small but had a microfridge, which came in very handy. I was pleasantly surprised to find what appeared to be an allergy cover on the mattresses. Nice touch! The television was small but we had 50 or so channel selections. The breakfast was your typical continental, but certainly adequate. They did have sausage, home fries and hard boiled eggs, which you don't always see. As most hotel breakfast areas, there were not enough tables although this was only an issue on our last day there. I overheard another guest complaining that the place should have another toaster, as you could only put in two slices at a time. Nice big flat screen television in the breakfast room. I asked the attendant for a glass of ice water on our first morning and was told they didn't have any! The pool area is very nice and there was a lifeguard on duty. The room was clean and the mattresses were awesome. My husband and I both slept great!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guest

We appreciate and thank you for taking time to provide positive feedback about our free well lit parking, availability of microwave and refrigerator in each room, provision of the HBO channels and excellent location. We apologize about the inconvenience caused by the limitation of the tables in breakfast area on one day during your trip. This situation occurs if more than average number of guests arrives for the breakfast at the same time. We shall do our best to address this issue. We are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 13 July 2011

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel on our way through the Baltimore area. The location was convenient, the price was right and the room was clean, but the hotel, especially the exterior areas, is showing its age overall. The management was very helpful and was able to fix a problem with our reservation and with malfunctioning keycards without delay. The breakfast was was fine, and there is a Starbucks across the street for coffee before getting on the highway. We did not use the outdoor pool, laundry facilities or free wi-fi during our visit. A small detail: there are no outlets above the desk or the table between the beds to plug in a phone/laptop charger. To charge my phone I had to go under the desk and unplug a lamp. For a quick stop on the way through town this hotel was serviceable, but don't expect Marriott-level amenities at the Days Inn price.

Room Tip: Use Expedia etc. to compare prices but book throught the Days Inn website.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
daysinngb, Manager at Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for the positive feedback. Your feedback is an encouragement for the whole team. We would continue our effort to provide excellent accommodation at a competitive price and exceed our guests' expectations. We are also looking forward to your next trip.

Reviewed 28 June 2011

This was a great stay at the Days Inn Glen Burnie was all that I could have asked for. A fresh hot breakfast every morning, work out facilities on site, free wireless internet and a microfrig in my room really made my stay so convenient. The staff was exceptional, the rooms were clean, and the facilities were quite adequate for a weeks stay or more. There is a grocery store right next door, so I was able to buy some food for the week and store it in my frig in the room. The shuttle service to the airport was so useful for me because I was traveling via the MARC trains daily. I really had a great stay here, and I would recommend this hotel to other who are considering a trip to the DC/Baltimore area. I will be staying there again in the near future.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ClemsonDiva
daysinngb, Manager at Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2011

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are glad to be able to provide value for money accommodation which made your business trip successful. I am glad to know that you found our facilities clean and convenient. We would like to welcome you for the future trips

Reviewed 23 June 2011

We stayed here twice. Once with my mom and once with my brother. Both times the staff was very friendly and their breakfast was good as well. Nice variety for a small hot/cold breakfast. Rooms were clean and close by things. The only negative is that the room did have an odor but wasn't that bad. Also the pool doesn't open till noon and check-out is noon so we didn't get to really enjoy the pool since we arrived later. Would have been nice if the pool opened at 9am to enjoy it before we checked out. Otherwise, for the price, I would recommend the room as it is close to Baltimore and transportation and the rooms are clean and friendly service! It is not a hilton but for the money it was ok. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kellyko109

Thank you for taking time to provide a positive feedback. We are glad that you liked the friendliness of our staff and variety of our breakfast. We take the points about the odor and pool timing and we shall do our best to address these points. We would like to welcome you for the future trips

Reviewed 22 June 2011

The first room we got smelled like mold and mildew and teh carpet was wet. We had to switch rooms and the second room was not much better. At least it didn't have the terrible smell. The beds were uncomfortable. The bathroom was tiny. The air conditioner made a lot of noise. The lighting was horrible and the fridge was tiny and not very cold. The Tv only got about six channels. I don't know why anyone would stay here when there is a much nicer place right down the street that is spotless, big rooms and bathrooms, bigger refrigerator, nice bg window and overall classy for the same price, in fact it was a few dollars less and teh TV got about fifty channels. We wil never stay here again and I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank elwinstreet

Thank you for taking time to write a review. I am sorry that you ended up staying with us while a better hotel at a cheaper rate was available. We have a policy that guest can checkout at no cost within twenty minutes of their check if the guest does not like the accommodation. I am not sure why you did not take that opportunity to stay at a hotel of your choice. On the other hand, I do apologize for not being able to fulfill your expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Burnie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Glen Burnie
Hampton Inn Baltimore / Glen Burnie
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washi...
#5 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Comfort Inn & Suites BWI Airport
Best Western Plus BWI Airport North Inn & Suites

Been to Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie? Share your experiences!