Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Park Plaza Motel(Baltimore)
Colony Motel(Glen Burnie)
  • Pool
Maritime Conference Center(Linthicum Heights)
View Hotel
All reviewship hophot breakfastfree shuttleshort drivebwi airportinner harborbaltimore
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2007

The room i stayed in was ok. Autos broken into two out of three nights. police said it happens almost every other night. management knows they have a problem

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
3  Thank upten
Reviewed 9 August 2007

When we pulled in to the parking lot of the Glen Burnie Days Inn, we were fifteen feet away from an Anne Arundel County Sheriff "taking down" a man, handcuffing him, and putting him in the back of the patrol car. If we had been smart, we would have gotten back in our car and walked away - but we didn't.

This motel was dirty (cobwebs and spiders in our room, dead cockroach behind the TV), the bathroom was dirty (mildew and a stained, yellow tub), and even the parking lot was dirty (old stained mattresses piled up in a corner, filled with weeds and trash). Carpet was filthy, crumpled in the middle of the room like it had been waterlogged. Peeling, stained wallpaper. Yuck.

We had no choice - the nearby Hampton Inn was full, and we were exhausted, so we slept on top of our beds and waited for the morning.

At 7 am, I went to the lobby to get the free breakfast - which was very nice, bagels and cereal and good coffee. While eating, I was entertained by - what else? - an Anne Arundel sheriff arresting a woman this time right in the front lot. Lovely, and a very very appropriate way to end our 14 hours at the Days Inn Glen Burnie.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank SnowKat07
Reviewed 9 July 2007

I feel that this is one of the better Days Inns that we've been in. We were greeted by an awesome man at the front desk who told us that we had a smoking room. When we told him that we wanted a nonsmoking room, he quickly checked to see if he could get us a room that was nonsmoking and on the bottom floor (another last minute request). He found us a room and we were pleased. The pool was great, the room was spacious. A few lights were out though, and the tv had a handful of channels. The tv had squiggly lines... Also, we were told that the rooms had internet access, but we found out that there was something wrong with the internet access-- so did other people. We were all told to use the business room, which was great. However, there were some things that we couldn't download because versions on their computer were a bit older. The continental breakfast was just WONDERFUL!!! We could make our own waffles using the wafflemaker, fruits, english muffins, muffins, cereal, bagels, drinks, galore. I was pretty impressed by that. Beds, towels, pillows are the quality you would expect at a 2 star hotel. Location was great. Food, stores, restaurants and the inner harbor were nearby. Awesome staff. I guess that's it for now.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank calebswife
Reviewed 28 June 2007

I booked an overnight stay at the Days Inn in Glen Burnie Maryland to follow my brother's wedding and to rest before my trip back to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. I had no expectations of this hotel by way of luxuries. A Days Inn was chosed because I wanted something relatively inexpensive that suited my basic needs (sleep and shower the next morning). The staff were kind enough, but the quality of the hotel they were working in was appauling. When I entered the first room I was given, the water in the sink and tub were on, full blast, which was, of course, was odd enough . . but worse was that - the water was brown. When I approached the front desk, they merely stated that work was being done "inside the walls" and they must be flushing out some residue. Nothing was offered to me by way of another room; I was merely expected to accept this excuse and return to my room satisfied. So, instead of fixing the situation, I had to turn into a rude customer and demand another room. The second room was pool side, aka damp. I was greeted this time by cockroach remains on the floor behind the door . . . by the next morning, I got to "enjoy" three live cockroaches walking around the room. I felt dirty being there, slept on top of the bed instead of in it and I didn't even take a shower. The best part was the next morning, while I was still asleep, a relative of mine approached my room and saw a cockroach crawling up the inside of window. The relatives of mine who stayed here for the wedding (probably 8 rooms total) were disgusted by the conditions . . . but managed to crack jokes instead of getting angry. I intend to write to days inn because I imagine if they knew the quality of this particular branch, they would not want their name associated with it.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank glowyellow
Reviewed 20 February 2007

We decided to stay at this hotel to save some pennies, AND to avoid the hustle and bustle of driving and finding $$$ parking in Downtown Baltimore by taking the Light Rail into town.
The Cromwell Station is less than 2 miles from the Days Inn and parking is free. I believe the lot holds 750+ cars and finding one was a cinch.

We booked this room via telelphone directly through the hotel. The operator was efficient. We booked a NON-Smoking King.
Our reservation was held and we were given a late check- in since we would be in the city until after 11 PM the day of check-in.

We stayed in room 324.
The plaque on the outside of our room door under the room number said "NO SMOKING". Great! We hate smoke!

Upon entering, we were knocked over by the cigarette smell.

There was also, a plastic "No Smoking" sign sitting on top of the desk. Two feet to the right of this "No Smoking" sign was TWO (2) shiny clean ashtrays ready and waiting to be used!

Confusing? We say . . . . . . YES!

Two (2) of the four lights in the room had blown bulbs. One being over the desk, and the one on the bedside table.

Aside from that, the room was clean. TV worked but had few stations. The room had a coffee maker, which worked. There was a hair dryer that worked as well. It had an iron and ironing board. I did not try this so I can only assume it worked. There was a room safe. Didn't try this either.

The bathroom was clean. The shower fluctuated from scalding to freezing but had plenty of pressure.

The mattress was fine and the sheets appeared clean.

The hotel has free coffee and pastries from 6 - 9 AM but we missed this.
The hotel lobby was presentable and the lobby restrooms were clean.

Directly next door to the hotel is a Krispy Kreme with a drive through, and there is a grocery store and a bowling alley beside that. There is several stores within a 1/2 mile or so, Target, Dicks, Best Buy, etc.

Plenty of fast food up the road too.

All in all the room served it's purpose, although all our luggage, clothes, and other belongings smell of smoke now.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family