“It was very decent”

Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Glen Burnie
“It was very decent”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Staff was very friendly and I could tell they were very conscious about it. The cleaning crew did a great job when I left for the day and made the room neat and fresh smelling for when I returned. The breakfast area was somewhat disorganized because it was so small and people sitting around watching tv after they ate instead of moving on so others could eat. And the sign said to not leave the area with food. So I went out to breakfast instead.

Room Tip: It was a Saturday night and I suspect the room next to me might have been doing some not so legal tr...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night because we were catching a cruise nearby. The room was very grubby looking. Carpet was stained. It was hard to tell if the room was clean. The bed was uncomfortable. Breakfast was decent and there is free wifi. Shuttle service to and from cruise port was excellent. If you don't mind a gross room, go for it.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Rini1969
Far Rockaway
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Our stay at this particular Days inn was great! My hubby stayed here last month and was okay with it (his only complaint really was no bacon) The breakfast was good, a good variety, fresh and warm. You could spread out the tables a little, so that 2 people do not have to sit at a table designed for 6-8! The front desk staff was EXCELLENT...quick check in and check out! They were courteous and professional. The shuttle driver who took us to and from the light rail was GREAT!! The location was perfect, right around the corner from my sister in law and right in the middle of everything one could need! Walmart, Bob Evans, Hip Hop Chicken, manyother restaurants, chuck E cheese, loads and loads of things to do(within walking distance too) and lets not forget the FREE shuttle to the Light rail which drops you just blocks away from the Inner Harbor. All in all no complaints, can't wait til our next trip.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Wheat Ridge
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Great customer service: shuttle from Budget car rental, to/from Cromwell light rail, and to BWI. Jay at front desk was friendly and excellent/accommodating; Carlos the shuttle driver is personable and knowledgeable. Lamia provided excellent customer service. This hotel is old, yes, but my room was clean, bed was comfortable, and housekeeping was thorough. You'll find evidence of wear and tear if you look for it; but the service, cleanliness, and "extras" (cookies at the check-in desk in the afternoon/evening, and fresh 'lemoned' water and coffee available in the lobby) made my stay more enjoyable. I would return, and my thanks to the staff.

Room Tip: My second-floor room faced the main street but outside noise doesn't bother me. You can always t...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Bastian
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Our credit card had been stolen the week before our trip. We brought cash to pay for our room. During our 6 hour trip we received a call from the hotel saying without another card they were not going to hold our room. We don't have another card!! The man said he would hold our room for another 1 1/2 hr since we were going to pay cash but would not hold it until we could get there which would take us 4 hours. We had to get a relative to call with their card number to hold our room. The next day we called as instructed for the shuttle to pick us up at the light rail station. We were assured someone would be there at 8:30 pm. It took 3 phone calls to the hotel with no return calls as promised with updated on where the driver was before she showed up. 45 min after the promised time. Baltimore is not somewhere I want to be hanging out in a deserted parking lot. It was our first trip there and we will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Leesa P

Travellers are raving about these Glen Burnie hotels

Ronkonkoma, New York
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Started out with them giving us the furthest room from the front desk even though I told them I walked with a cane. First thing I saw was the dried orange peels next to the bed. Toilet overflowed at 8:30 pm, called the front desk and they said someone would be there soon. Called back at 9:30, 10:30, 11:30 and then fell asleep. Woke up at 5am called the front desk and was told to go up to a room on the second floor (the elevator sounded like it was about to break) that was empty. Moved all of our luggage, got a new key from the front desk. Could not wait to get out of there. When I had to pay I was presented with a bill for the prearranged amount. When I asked if there would be any price adjustment the man said "for what?". I explained about the overflowing toilet, not being able to use the toilet all night, toilet water flowing out of the bathroom into our sleeping area, sewage in the bathtub, and having to move at 5am. He adjusted the bill for $35. We went on our cruise and realized I left my jacket in the first room during the 5am move. Called the "hotel" (really a motel) and they didn't want to help me, but said I should check back when the cruise was over. Went there after the cruise and a very spaced out man (the same guy who was there before the cruise) said that my jacket was not found.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Burnie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie
Hampton Inn Baltimore / Glen Burnie
Best Western Plus BWI Airport North
Comfort Inn & Suites BWI Airport
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Glen Burnie
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie? Share your experiences!