“Over the Moon”

East Moon Asian Bistro
Ranked #37 of 261 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Kent Island, Maryland
“Over the Moon”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We were looking for a sushi restaurant in the Glen Burnie to meet some friends, and we found The East Moon Asian Bistro through TripAdvisor and it has become a favorite. This newer restaurant located right off of Ritchie Highway in Glen Burnie, has a bright, trendy atmosphere which is appropriate for family, lunch with a girlfriend, or even a romantic dinner date. We've enjoyed everything we've ordered, but some of our favorite items on the menu include the Thai Chicken Coconut soup, the Kani Salad (a spicy shredded salad), the spicy tuna roll, and Never Try, Never Know sushi roll. The pricing is reasonable, and the portions are fair. We split almost everything we get there. The staff are very accommodating and friendly. In fact, we went there early evening on New Years Eve and the bartender insisted on haveing someone run out to get Red Bull because they had run out. We also order carryout regularly, they make it very easy and it is always delivered much quicker than the anticipated time given, and each delivery person has been very friendly. We consider this a restaurant "Our little secret", but we know it won't be a secret for long.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank RustyNickel

Baltimore, Maryland
“Mixed feelings about this place...”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We have ordered delivery from East Moon several times, and went there to eat once. My husband has liked pretty much everything he has ordered. A favorite of ours is the Thai Fried Rice. It's got a great combination of flavors, and while there's a little spice, it's not too much. I don't like spicy food and can tolerate it fine. Another favorite is the Whiskey Beef. My husband also tried the Drunken Noodles the last time we ordered and absolutely loved them.

While I've received dishes that I've liked a lot, I have received others that went from not very good to just plain odd. In the "not very good" category lies the Beef and Broccoli I ordered last week. It just had an odd taste to it, which was strange because I've ordered it before and liked it. My husband tried it as well and agreed with my assessment. Another strange miss I had was with their Triple Delight. The sauce was just totally wrong and also came loaded with red pepper flakes. It made the dish incredibly spicy when it is not supposed to be. A favorite of mine has been their Noodles- Fu Jian Style, but one time when I ordered they were loaded with a bunch of different vegetables that weren't included on the menu- some of which I didn't care for. I have solved that problem by requesting only what is listed on the menu, but it was strange that they would just add those things in.

While we will likely go back here again due to its convenience and the dishes that we really love, I am concerned about the inconsistency with some of the food. Admittedly I have not called the restaurant to complain about the issues I had- my husband ate the things I could not and shared his with me to make up for it, so we were okay. Had we actually been at the restaurant I would have said something. I am a lot more careful now about what I will and won't order from here because of my past experiences.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank peachkins
“Great food & service”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Great food, excellent service, and an unexpectedly upscale atmosphere. Looking forward to trying to sushi. We will be going back!

1 Thank Sean G
Baltimore, Maryland
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Atmosphere is very fun. Service was friendly and quick. Food was amazing! They offer so much variety of Asian dishes, all of which was delicious. Sushi was very yummy. Offers a good happy hour also. Overall great experience. Looking forward to eating here again soon!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Star1472
Severna Park, Maryland
“GREAT ASIAN FOOD AND VARIETY”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Just finished our third visit to the East Moon in the last three months Was very impressed during our first visit, but wanted to return a few times to make sure it was not just a feel good moment. Staff very friendly and helpful, food excellent and presentation great. It is now our favorite Asian food location. Mongolian beef very tender with excellent flavor. Szechuan chicken, sesame chicken both great.
Reasonable prices $10 or less for most entrees. Sunday evening, around 6 PM generally quiet. We have never had to wait. Enjoy!

• Visited November 2013