“Great local fast food”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
MD
“Great local fast food”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I have been going to Ann's for about 60 years! They don't disappoint and even survived Marley Station Mall being built behind them. They refused to give up their location. Ann's is most noted for its foot longs with everything. I also love their soft serve ice cream. As one person already wrote it is truly organized chaos. If it is your first visit to Ann's don't give up they know who is next and they remember what you order. You never see the staff writing down an order. There are about 8 seats at the counter but 99.9% of the customers go there to carry their food out. There is also some seating outside behind the restaurant. Try it once and it will become a favorite fast food place of yours.

• Visited August 2013

Hurlock, Maryland
“Stood the test of time”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Ann's Dari Crème has been in the same location for as long as I can remember. My grandmother used to take me there when I was a wee little lad. I'm 65 now. The food is great but the service leaves something to be desired. Expect long lines and long waits around lunch time. Finding a parking space can be a problem around lunch time too. The fact that they are always busy and crowded is proof that the food is good. I think they are under-staffed to deal with the large crowds they have, but space behind the counter is limited so hiring more employees would only make things more hectic than they already are. If you're not counting calories, I recommend trying one of their delicious banana splits. Their milkshakes are the best in town and they are famous for their foot long hotdogs. I read Jeff J's review and must say I've had similar experiences. This happens when they are crowded which is almost always. They 're doing the best they can but when you have that many people to wait on, it's hard to keep their orders straight. If you can catch them on a week night when they're not crowded, that's the best time to go.

• Visited September 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Check your order before leaving”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We've only been there three times and EACH time we walked out with the wrong order. Try taking it back when there're busy! The first time we just ate what was in the bag. Scraped off the chili and laughed about it. The second and third time I went back in and waited 15 minutes to tell someone the order was wrong and then waited another 20 minutes before I got the original order and not a word of apology or anything. I was handed the bag and that was it. Same thing almost exactly the third time. Only this time the wait time was a tiny bit shorter the woman did mumble "Sorry" and quickly turned away. The only novelty here is the dogs are foot long. I will eat here again only if there isn't a line stretching out to Ritchie Highway and I'll refuse to leave the line once I have my order until I check to see if they didn't screw up again.

• Visited December 2012
Maryland, USA
“Great shakes and hot dogs”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My husband and I went to Ann's specifically for hot g dogs The foot longs (with everything) did not disappoint. I had a strawberry shake and my husband had a vanilla. We agreed they were the best shakes we have had in years. I ended up going back a week later and still great. This will be a new mandatory stop when we are in Glen Burnie,

• Visited July 2013
Phoenix, AZ
“A Local Legend”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Ann's Dari Creme has been around for 62 years (at the time of this review per the sign out front). I used to go there as a child when I lived in Severna Park. My husband and I went there on the way to BWI and had a small cone and the ever popular double dog with everything.

I read the previous reviews before venturing back to this little hole in the wall, but decided to give it a shot. The buns (as most reviewers attest to) are fabulous! Really fresh and soft. The dogs are fried and ours was really tasty - contrary to what other reviewers have said.

The diner itself was spotless and there was no one waiting to order when we arrived (around 1:00pm on a Sunday). When we placed our order, the server asked if we wanted our cone first. This woman was a saint! Of course who doesn't want dessert before their meal? We took our cones - order a small if you're ordering anything else - and relished every last creamy lick. Our dogs came out a few minutes later. We were so full with the ice cream we couldn't finish the dogs.

If I travel back to Maryland again, I will definitely stop by Ann's. Only this time, I'll eat a dog at one of the picnic tables outside and then see if I have room for the ice cream.

Visited June 2013