“Outstanding! Would go out of my way!”

Pappas Restaurant and Sports Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Pappas Restaurant and Sports Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 264 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Locals have flocked to our newly renovated, fully handicap accessible restaurant and lounge for its award winning crab cakes, thick, juicy steaks, tasty pasta dishes, and delectable seafood entrees at reasonable prices. Whether its lunch from 11:00 am-3:45 pm or dinner from 3:45-10:30 pm, service to our valuable customers is our number one concern. We invite you to treat your palate and stop in our restaurant for an unforgettable meal or take items to go using our carry out window, and experience what the locals have always know: Fine food and drinks delivered by friendly servers—at a reasonable price—make Pappas Restaurant an irresistible dining experience in metro Baltimore!
Reviewed 25 May 2014

As a former Maryland restaurant, have had 100's of crab cakes. This was one of the best ever. Ordered the 10 ounce cake and it was a wonderful mound of lump crab meet. No filler. Probably 30%+ less in price than other top restaurants. Served with fresh veggies, it was wonderful. Great beer on tap at happy hour prices.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We went for late lunch on a Saturday and there were many tables occupied. Had the crab cake and it definitely met our expectations as excellent- a viable contender for Baltimore's Crab Cake of the Year. Sampled both the vegetable crab and the cream of crab soups. The veg is spicy in the Old Bay tradition. The cream is just that, although a bit salty for those of us who are not into salt- but definitely creamy and tasty.
We were also given a sample of the two mixed, which is worth trying.
The waitress, and our hostess, Miss Irene, could not have been more friendly and accomodating.
In summary, good food and friendly atmosphere. You should give it a try.

1  Thank Walter53
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We checked the reviews here on TripAdvisor & it appeared to be somewhat balanced. One recent review, titled "Horrible" gave us a bit of caution, but we decided that since the opinion did not seem to be the general opinion, perhaps it was an off night and we'd give a try. We sat in the bar. The 1st bartender took our drink order, & asked if we were ready to order food. We asked for a moment because we'd never been there before & she kindly gave us some of her favorite menu choices, & said she'd be back shortly. We waited, while she rushed past us for quite some time serving other customers, so we caught the attention of another bartender. This gentleman began to take our order, & one of his friends asked for another drink, so in the middle of our order (literally), he said "I'll be right back". We waited. Eventually, we caught the attention of the original bartender and she took our order. The food came out in the right order. The Caesar salad was clearly a bottled dressing, & was very sweet. The mini crabcakes were very good, & were accompanied by a tasty, but small tarter sauce. So, we got the attention of the male bartender to ask for another side of tarter sauce. About 10 minutes later, the main dish, the Steak Christopher arrived which was a VERY thin cut, dry New York Strip steak with a generous crabcake on top that was to represent the Crab Imperial. We were still waiting on the tarter sauce, so we still hadn't finished the mini crabcake appetizer, so we asked the female bartender for the tarter sauce, and...we waited. 15 minutes later, we still didn't have it. I overheard another person complain about how long the wait was, and they felt that the bartenders were giving preferential treatment to "patrons" who appeared to be personal friends. I think that there were absolutely right. I watched as the bartenders poured 2/3's of the glass with alcohol, & gave them to these people & they didn't enter them into the POS system. After waiting another 15 minutes, & still not being able to get anyone's attention for anything (drinks, um..tarter sauce, etc.), we walked down the bar to get the check & a takeout box for all of the uneaten food. They gave us the check, but no box. When we asked to speak to the manager (yes, the nice elder lady with red hair), I overheard another woman complaining to a male manager about the exact same thing. When we explained our experience she was very sweet & apologetic, but she did indicate that she had no authority to assist in the re-training, or correction of any issues that guests have in the bar. Okay, so here's the short version - I should have listened to "Wreckdiv's" review titled "Horrible!" (SO sorry that I doubted you, my friend), because it would have saved us the negative experience. The service sucks. It sounds like the owner's are absent, & the staff are running the show, AND running them out of business. I give a year, max.

2  Thank RustyNickel
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Lots of lump crab meat, little filling. Just the right size. Salad was fresh and crisp. Service was friendly. restaurant was really busy the evening we were there, but we were well taken care of.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Read about Pappas in an online article in the Baltimore Magazine about the best crab cakes in the Baltimore area. Pappas was mentioned along with some othe distinguished restaurants. I decided to try it since my hotel was not far from its location. I didn't know what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. I sat in the bar area and enjoyed watching some baseball games on TV.

Happy Hour: Pappas has a good happy hour and the place was packed during that time. Appetizers and drinks were discounted reasonably. I had some of the local micro-brews and they were good.

Dinner: Had their crab cake special for dinner. The crab cakes was excellent. All crab with no filler. It had a clean, fresh taste to it with no after-taste. Some places use a lot of mustard in the crab cakes but Pappas did not have that in my opinon. The portion size was just right and it was cooked perfectly. Came with two sides and was a satisfying meal.

Service: The bartenders and waittresses who waited on me were very nice, got me my orders in reasonable time, and handled themselves well in a busy bar area. I compliment the quality service I received.

Prices: Reasonable for the area.

Overall: Good place to go for dinner. I would recommend it. The crab cakes did not disappoint!