“Good Food Good Service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sunset Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #10 of 261 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Food Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

The Sunset Restaurant doesn't change much year to year. My family and I ate there recently and were pleased. The service is always great. The food consistent. I had the Crab Melt and it was exactly like the last Crab Melt I had there several years ago. That's a good thing. The prices are reasonable and portions large. All of us took home part of our meals. There was just too much food for one sitting. The leftovers made a nice lunch the next day. So really we got two meals for the price of one. Who can complain about that.

• Visited July 2014

Baltimore, Maryland
“Great tablecloth restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I've been dining at the Sunset since I was a little girl. We have always loved their seafood in particular. During this visit, I stopped to get my father a meal for Father's Day as neither of my parent's are as agile as they once were. The seafood was cooked to perfection. I got my dad a broiled seafood platter and my mom stuffed shrimp. Sides are handmade...none of this opening a can and serving it at the Sunset. They have wonderful pickled beets, great creamy cucumbers and the very best gravy for mashed potatoes. It has changed some over the years, but the food is still very good. We need to visit there soon!

Visited June 2014
New York, New York, United States
“Visit to Sunset in Maryland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a great family restaurant. The service is excellent and the food is good with very healthy portions so go with an appetite. It is known for its seafood and their homemade crab soup is excellent with a touch of brandy.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Pasadena, Maryland
“Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Sunset may be an old restaurant but every time we've gone there the service and food have been high quality. We hadn't been to the Sunset in many years but I thought it'd be nice to celebrate our anniversary where we started celebrating our wedding many years ago.

My wife and I both had steak. My meal included crab cakes as part of a surf and turf dinner. We had the strawberry shortcake for desert. Every item we ate was prepared properly, had excellent flavor and Donna, our server was attentive and friendly.

The Sunset is still among the best in Maryland.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Visited for Classic Shrimp Salad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I visited the Sunset Restaurant recently looking forward to their classic Shrimp Salad.

I was disappointed to pay $21.95 for a Shrimp Salad platter made with what appeared to be frozen medium shrimp. There wasn't a lot of seasoning and the salad itself was mediocre.I will admit the quantity was there, but not the quality.

Sadly I must report that my local American Legion and I can prepare better shrimp salad. I visited my local American Legion last night and had their shrimp salad. It was made with large shrimp and properly seasoned.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Been to Sunset Restaurant & Lounge? Share your experiences!