We chose this hotel because it was 'newly renovated' and we were traveling with somebody with severe asthma and did not want any must/mold/mildew issues.
We paid $120/night for two double beds. We cut our short stay there and went to a much better hotel for $90/night for 2 queens and full hot breakfast!
In fairness, the place we moved did not have a full kitchen like the ESA so maybe I compared apples and oranges, but I chose ESA because it was newly renovated, not the kitchen. A fridge and micro was all we needed.
Here are just a few reasons we left:
1. Halls were so smoky my asthmatic relative had to cover mouth and hold breath from the elevator to the room. This was on the NONSMOKING second floor. This was true both nights. I noticed perusing the reviews just now that his has been a problem in the past so it was not just a fluke when we were there. (The rooms were clean enough if it weren't for the smoke issue.)
2. The deadbolt did not actually bolt. It needed filing down. The maintenance guy had left for the day and so the hotel kindly gave my husband permission to fix it, but he couldn't because too much smoke was coming in the room while he worked.
3. Grab and Go breakfast not worth grabbing. They did not even keep coffee out past 930am.
4. We paid $10 extra per person presumably because of the cost of breakfast and the house keeping but they do not do daily house keeping and there is no way the breakfast was worth paying extra for.
5. I had an 830am daily conference call and there was no common area at all that I could sit and take the call (while my family slept in the room). The lobby has two chairs but it was too loud between staff conversations and customers coming and going. I had to stand between the two front paris of double doors for part of my calls to hear. ...We went during a cold snap and I am from the south so I did not take the call sitting in my car :)
6. Beds not comfortable. A good night's sleep is very important to us.
Some of these things above may not be important to you so you can take this FWIW.
I suppose if one really had to have a full kitchen this might be a reasonable price but I did not shop around for this.
There was a flashing smoke alarm that was very bright at night like a strobe light. Evidently it goes off easily when cooking because somebody had tied a grocery bag around it! (The maintenance guy fixed that ASAP as soon as we pointed it out to him.)
Did I mention drunks in the lobby hassling the desk clerk? Police called for argument on another floor too evidently.
I will say that most of the staff was extremely nice, especially the manager, but the quality of the hotel was low end with a high end price (considering where we went instead).
This was my first stay at an ESA and the experience makes me likely to never consider staying at ESA hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Glen Burnie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.