“Good stuff”

Judy's Jamaican Grille
Ranked #84 of 264 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Cuisines: Jamaican
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Visited Judy's for the first time tonight. Overall a VERY good experience. Judy came and introduced herself. She's so sweet! Great atmosphere. Especially because in such a small place they had a very very good LIVE island band. The carry out business was brisk and non stop. Crowded is more accurate. But the tables were empty. Why? They don't serve alcohol. But the band was way EXCELLENT ! So was the food. Perfect portions. I made the mistake of getting the jerk pork. It was sooo good to eat. BUT just TOO hot. The waitress warned me that all the jerk dishes were "spicy", so "mybad" not Judy's . I like hot, but this was thermo nuclear. Obviously, by the crowd of carry out, it is not too hot for some, but too hot for my old stomach. Judy would be WAY ahead to offer jerk "lite" for us old folks. My wife had curried chicken and it was divine! The fried plantains were perfect. So were the peas and rice which is what I call red beans and rice. SOO good! OK the "Island fries" are just regular french fries, but I will try one of the more unique sides next time. The menu is extensive and diverse. If you want to try something different this is the place. I loved the place and will be a regular. They serve breakfast too. I don't think I want habanero breakfast, but some do. I am a native "Glen Durty (Burnie)" boy and don't think the general light skinned local population know what a gold mine they have in Judy's. If she could serve beer, she'd need a place 5 times as big and that would destroy the perfect ambiance. Ten minutes from BWI airport. TRY IT !