“NO SERVICE AFTER YOU RECEIVE FOOD” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #75 of 261 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Description: Plaza Garibaldi has been serving the Glen Burnie community and beyond since 1997. Come on in to enjoy fine authentic Mexican cuisine, our signature margaritas, and a variety of Mexican beers. We can't wait to see you.
Baltimore, Maryland
“NO SERVICE AFTER YOU RECEIVE FOOD”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I come here sometimes to get cheap food done fairly well. I mean two people eat for about $27.00 with tax & tip included, (non-alchoholic drinks of course). Thats decent.

But, the service continues and probably will always continue to be the problem. You get served your entrees. After which 30 minutes or more passed before I saw my server again. In those 30 minutes, we needed extra napkins which we never got, we needed drink re-fills (I had a beer that sat empty for 20 mins, thats their lousy service losing revue for them), and last but not least, we needed the check so we could leave. Felt like we were being held prisoner. And it did cross my mind to just walk out without paying. Would never do so, but this kind of service makes you think of half-brained ideas.

Not asking to refill alocholic drinks (which make them money) or to asking if we want dessert (which makes them money) is like being happy with the minimum business from a customer. The minimum is what I guess they get from every customer.

i.e. - You have a check paid for $27.00, but if your service was better, the restaurant may have made double that in drink and dessert orders. Not to mention increasing the tip amount for the waiters. THEY JUST DONT SEE THAT. Sad. I come here very infrequenctly anymore. NOTE: If you do, get extra napkins and order drinks waaaaaay ahead of completing the ones you have. You may never see the waiter again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BizTravel33

Glen Burnie, Maryland
“Horrible service, plastic in food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

I've given them the benefit of the doubt and returned (as I knew the original owner very well) numerous times. Their service was horrible. I asked for Tomatilla sauce and it was very soured which means it was bad. Sitting for quite some time. They never come back to the table as servers to check on what they delivered to see if you need anything else except when it's time to drop the check off. We've had a huge piece of plastic in our food, as well as gotten the incorrect order. Just nothing like it used to be. No one offered to accomodate us either when we told them about the plastic. They just said oh sorry want another one? No thank you! I'll stick with real mexican and go to La Serinata's.

Visited November 2012
Pasadena, Maryland
“Terrible place to eat”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

This is my 2nd time at this restaurant. The first time I wasn't impressed but didn't want to count it out since it is always crowded. I had beef fajaitas and the meat was very low grade and tough. I was served some lettuce on a plate with some guac and sour cream on top, a very pathetic slice of tomato and some creamed beans on the side. No fresh salsa. Bad presentation. I had to ask for regular salsa to add. I was told the craft of sangria was 4.99 instead it was 8.99. My partner had a chicken dish and said it was the was the worst dinner he had out in the last 10 years. Even the rice was bad. They have no means of receiving feedback. I will not be returning. I would not recommend.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Baltimore, MD
“Good service, decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

The service has always been good/attentive. The food is good, but not outstanding. For the price you pay, you get a lot. My favorite are the tamales. My fiance got the seafood burrito that was full of hunks of fish and large shrimp. Seems weird we had to ask for hot sauce. At the end of dinner we were full, happy and had doggy bags.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good food, a bit bland and lacks freshness, but worth the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

The food is very much "from a can". Don't expect a lot of bright, fresh looking entrees. Lots of shades of brown and grey. But food is good for the price. When you are in the mood for basic mexican food - this is your place in "The Burnie" Service is ok. You get great service UNTIL your food arrives. Getting extra napkins, refill of soda etc. suddenly become hard. And thus, trying to find your server to get your check is also a chore. That might be my biggest peave. Service shouldn't end when the customer gets his food.

• Visited May 2012