“Poor,Poor,Poor,Poor must read.”

Hampton Inn Baltimore / Glen Burnie
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Glen Burnie
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I booked this place online 6 months in advance and the picture on the web was creatively shaped to hide the truth. There is a van strategically placed in front of the hotel hiding the shopping center thats a dump. I had to circle 3 times to actually realize a Hampton is inside a shopping center. Once in the lot I had to park my car in the shopping center parking lot that hotel shares with it. I had to walk about 30 spaces through a parking lot of vagrants hanging out and gawking at you like your their next payday. The only employee I saw at 2:00PM was the person at the front desk and dressed in a poor representation of what you would expect from a Hampton hotel. I went to my room and the smell in the hall, decor and people wandering the hall mimicked what you would see in a motel, Not a Hampton Inn. Forget about touching the door handles, The brush marked doors cheapen up the look and make you think "motel" and "scurvy"The food area was small and appeared to hold only 10 people when the hotel looks like ic can hold about 200 people. What was Hampton thinking franchising this hotel? This should be anonymously investigated by Hampton Inc. The people in this hotel look like their either waiting for their pimp to collect or are actually working for the pimp. Your every move in this hotel is a guawk and I was waiting for the only thing I didn't see... The bugs (because the lights were on). The room looked like a transformed motel, dingy drapes, dirty windows, floor had pieces of paper on it. Top comforter was clean looking. Bathroom was very small, But looked clean without a black light. The only thing Hampton was the sticker on the toilet paper, colors of the room, the lap table.The general area around this hotel is very very poor, unsafe feeling and there are near condemned buildings which I was approached multiple times waiting for a traffic light to change. I packed up my things and left without asking for a refund and drove to a Hilton Garden in another part of Maryland. This hotel is a safety concern and not a value or good reflection of the Hampton brands. I give it a 0. Not recommended if you have a family or value your safety. Not sure who the other people are reviewing this, But must be cray. This is sub standard and I'm a regular easy go business man with family.

Room Tip: Stay at another Hampton in another area!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank avigli6

Reviewed 19 July 2012

The room was clean and we were treated well at reception. It was a typical Hampton Inn.

We did not like having a parking area in the shopping center as the few dedicated parking spaces for the Hampton Inn were taken by our 4pm check in time. We were panhandled every day of our 2 day (9-11 June 2012) in the parking lot. There did not appear to be any security. Secondly, it is really difficult to see this place, it is located in a shopping center and the center signage displayed the Hampton Inn at the bottom of the sign. The Inn sits back from the road and is blocked by numerous signs/foliage. Third and final, we addressed these issues when responding with the General Manager and the front desk Manager via email and have not gotten the courtesy of a response.

I understand that most of the issues I have addressed are infrastructure and can only be addressed at Hilton Corporate level, however, the local security matter should be under the General Manager and the signage can be dealt with local shopping center management.

We are Hilton Silver honors member and are loyal to the brand but this Inn does not meet the standard.

Bob

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob K
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Nice welcome, good fair priced room. look out for the parking lot. I was approached on both my recent visits by people asking for money. Breakfast is standard free Hampton breakfast. right off of 695. 15 minutes to downtown.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Hotel was fine, reception was nice, but no airport shuttle until 7AM make little sense to a business traveler. I normally fly very early and prefer to return my rental car the evening before. I could not do this due to the late start of the shuttle.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike A
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I thought this property offered fairly quiet accommodations. Our room was near the vending machines and elevator and I expected a noisy Saturday night. But despite sharing a hotel with several girls' lacrosse teams and over-30 softball teams, we heard virtually nothing through our door or walls. The room was comfortable and clean. The location was perfect and very easy to find.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Let me start off by stating that I've had over 35 years of experiance in Facilities Maintenance and Building Management so I feel qualified in making my review.

I stayed at this hotel on Friday July 6, 2012 for one night. Because of the fact I stay at Hampton Inns whenever possible, I've never experianced any problems with any other Hampton so I expected the same from this one.

Here are the facts, read them then you decide. First despite the fact I reserved a "smoking room" they put me in a non-smoking room so I had to repack my bags and move (ok no big deal...crap happens) In my new room, the a/c did not work properly and the room remained barely tolerable. The room phone did not work at all (no dial tone at all, could not make or receive phone calls) I had requested a refrigerator upon my arrival to keep delicate and perishable medicines cold (no refrigerator was available, had to keep my items in the ice bucket and change the ice about every 2 hours throughout my stay) Even the tv did not work properly (sometimes I would get sound but no picture)

When I complained to the front desk, they were understanding but little help. They sent a maintenance man up who could speak about 2 words of english and they made no offer to really try to correct anything or offer compensation for a miserable stay as they advertise.

I will not hold this against all the other Hampton Inns I've stayed at and I will continue to stay at Hampton, but it sure as hell won't be the one located on Ritchie Highway, Glen Burnie, Md.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I had corporate training for month and sayed at this location for the entire month of June. The staff was friendly and greeted me once they recognized me. The breakfasts were industry standard (same as a Holiday Inn Express). No refrigerators were a big negative for me since I stayed so long. I would also have enjoyed having a swimming pool. Hamption Inn is part of the Hilton Brand of hotels. They usually do have pools and a gym. This location seemed to be a stripped down location.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Burnie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Glen Burnie
Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, BWI Airport (Baltimore), MD
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson...
#1 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
#3 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington I...
#23 of 29 in Linthicum Heights

Been to Hampton Inn Baltimore / Glen Burnie? Share your experiences!