“Great place to stay, even to visit Baltimore”

Hampton Inn Baltimore / Glen Burnie
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Glen Burnie
Mid-Atlantic
“Great place to stay, even to visit Baltimore”
Reviewed 7 November 2006

Stayed here while visiting Baltimore. The hotel was easy to find, less than 20 minutes from Baltimore via several routes. Staff was helpful and friendly. Room was clean enough, but it did have that trademark "hotel odor" and the hallways were kept very cold.

Price was also great!

Essentially, this place was everything I expected.

• Liked — location and price
  • Disliked — Room was starting to get a little run down, but not bad.
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Touristeur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Friendswood, Texas
Reviewed 22 September 2006

Since we only use hotels as a base for our tourist activities, the things we require are clean rooms in a safe location for a reasonable price within 30 minutes of whatever tourist destination we're visiting. This Hampton Inn met all of those requirements. We got an extremely inexpensive rate using my husband's corporate rate by calling the hotel directly. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and there's free internet service in the lobby so you can print your return trip boarding passes. We were only 15 minutes from a D.C. metro station and took the rail into the city for less than $5.00 roundtrip. Fifteen minutes by train and we were at the Smithsonian Institute. The hotel is a 10 minute drive from BWI and 20 minutes for Baltimore's Inner Harbor and Camden Yards.

• Liked — Price and Location
  • Disliked — Road Contruction made getting there confusing the first time.
  • Tips/Secrets — Call the Hotel directly and negotiate a rate.
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank SHS77JJ
Reviewed 25 June 2006

Wonderful Hampton hotel! CLEAN and HUGE rooms! Comfortable beds and furniture. Very nice Continental breakfast also. They have really nice shampoo and lotion that they give you in your room. Staff was also very friendly. We had a really nice experience here and recommend it to all!

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank teleholic
Juneau, AK
Reviewed 16 October 2005

I spent a Sunday night at this hotel in October 2005. I cashed in 20,000 HHonors points, making this an awards stay.

Ten days before I got here, the front desk attendant called me and asked, "We're looking forward to having you as a guest; is there anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable?" My reply was that it was 4:45 a.m. where I was (Alaska) and the first thing they could do was not wake me up to ask a question that could wait until later on in the day! While I appreciated their obvious good intentions, I would have appreciated them more had I not been roused from a sound sleep. In any event, I called the general manager later on in the day to give him a heads-up that his folks should check to see what time of day it was "on the other end" before they call an impending guest. He appreciated the feedback.

Time marched on and my visit came to pass. The day before I checked in, I somehow got into something that didn't agree with me, and was really feeling poorly the day of check-in. It was noon when I walked in the front door of the hotel and asked if they could somehow accomodate me. I was in bad need of a nap. They allowed me to occupy a room three hours prior to official check-in time, something I really appreciated. I wanted to drop off a rental car at BWI airport later on in the day, and was advised that their shuttle only runs to and from BWI during the work week. Normally, I would have had to take a cab back to the property but, again, they took steps to accomodate me by allowing me catch a ride back from the airport on the van that would bring an airline flight crew to the hotel. This was another good customer service move from the hotel, something they didn't have to do. The general manager who I had talked to ten days earlier was at the front desk when I checked in, and he made sure I got the help I needed.

This property is nestled on the edge of a large shopping center. There are plenty of shops and stores in the vicinity. It isn't the greatest neighborhood and while I didn't feel uncomfortable with the prospect of walking aroung the shops after dark, others might feel differently. There is an Old Country Buffet right around the corner, not more than approx. 250 feet from the hotel entry. It's the closest nearby place, and it is certainly safe to walk there, even after dark. There are many restaurants listed in the back of the hotel directory.

The room was a standard Hampton room. It wasn't the nicest Hampton room I've ever been in, but it was clean and quiet. The free, wireless high-speed internet connection worked flawlessly. That's the good news, the bad news is that the work desk was located right in front of the ventilation unit - prepare to be blown on if your room is setup like mine was! There is also a limited (no printer) computer workstation just to the left of the front desk in the lobby. I needed to do laundry here, but that wasn't possible as the hotel did not have such facilities on site. I've stayed at many Hamptons and this was the first one that did not have a washer and dryer on site. They do offer valet laundry and dry cleaning services, though. I had to leave too early the following morning to check out the breakfast, but I could see when I arrived at noon that it appeared to be the standard Hampton fare.

I'd normally give this hotel "three stars" but give it four since they went out of their way to be helpful to me. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2005, travelled on business
15 Thank dave1013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Burnie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Glen Burnie
Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Comfort Inn & Suites BWI Airport
Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport
Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washingt...
#6 of 29 in Linthicum Heights

Been to Hampton Inn Baltimore / Glen Burnie? Share your experiences!