“Hit and Miss”

Golden Corral
Ranked #58 of 277 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My husband and I go to the Golden Corral in Glen Burnie approximately once a month. It is inexpensive and usually has something we like. Unlike other reviewers, I would not say it has "tons" of food choices. The salad bar, soups, chicken (baked or fried) are all good. Surprisingly, the ribs, when available, are also pretty good. The negatives are: an uncomfortable arrangement of the buffet tabels causes long lines; the kitchen seems unprepared for predictably busy periods, the service is uneven, the women's restroom is untidy. Why do we go back so frequently? Sometimes you don't know what you want to eat and don't want to spend a lot of money, and, we keep hoping it will improve.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

There were tons of great food choices; the hostess was extremely friendly and helpful. Although it was very crowded- I guess everybody likes it- there was plenty of food and it was really good. It was a GREAT value for the money.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have been to many different Golden Corrals but the one in Glen Burnie is one of the better ones. The selection is huge and there's something that's bound to please everyone. They always have a nice selection of fresh fruits and veggies, depending what's in season, watermelon, cantaloupe, honey dew melon, strawberries, grapes etc. They always have a nice selection of baked desserts pies, cakes, cookies, etc. For the main course, there's always chicken, steak, roast beef, and one of my favorites is Italian sausage and onions. Our server was great and kept us supplied with refills on our beverages. I've never left Golden Corral hungry.

1  Thank Kneesinthebreeze
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My wife and I had a rare Saturday (during the Independence Day weekend) when neither of us had work or other commitments. We decided to start the day with breakfast at this Golden Corral location. We arrived at about 9:15, and found that the restaurant was totally and completely unprepared to provide a good experience.

We were able to find a seat rather quickly, but the buffet lines were long and the choices were few. People were standing waiting for food to be brought out, and when it was, it was in small quantities. They were advertising new thick sliced bacon, the only thing on the buffet was a few scraps swimming in 1/2 inch of grease.

My wife stood in line for an omelet for over 35 minutes, there was only one person working the omelet / waffle station. It took several attempts at the buffet line to even get the basics, such as scrambled eggs.

The waitress was great, but obviously there were not enough servers working. Tables were left covered in dirty dishes, and at one point she was forced to bring coffee refills in a cold drink cup, because they had run out of clean coffee cups.

I am a fan of Golden Corral, and especially of their breakfasts. It is not often that my wife and I are able to go out to breakfast, so this should have been a good experience. Instead of being able to sit and enjoy the meal, we had to take turns standing in lines to try to get food.

Obviously there is a management failure here. I saw the manager standing around and talking to employees, but he did not seem to be willing to pitch in and assist with the problems. It is doubtful that we will return to this location anytime in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

this is the best one I have ever been too an one of the cleanest with the nicest staff ever...and the food is always fresh an hot...salad bar is awesome cause there is so many fresh veggies to choose from..an yes there dessert bar is great too!!!

1  Thank Ticia C