“WOW!!! Totally a "Must-Do"...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Golden Corral
Ranked #108 of 261 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Akron, Pennsylvania
“WOW!!! Totally a "Must-Do"...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was our first visit to a Golden Corral and we were not aware of the fact it was a Buffet and my Husband is usually not fond of Buffets.
They changed his mind real QUICK!!! ;-)
Talk about food that tasted homemade and the selection is unbelievable!!! And, everything was spotless on top of it all.
Fran took GOOD care of us at our table too with constantly keeping our water glasses full and immediately clearing used dishes, etc. (with a SMILE on her face to boot)!!!
Only negative we could possibly come up with...
When you came in the door you got your drinks first, then paid. What a "STICKY MESS"!!!
People were setting their drinks down to get their wallets out of their purse/pockets and it was really handled backwards. They should be asked to pay first and THEN help themselves to their drinks and move on from there. ;-)
But, we WILL return!!! The rest of our experience was a real TREAT!!!

• Visited July 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will not go back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Sunday morning breakfast over the weekend of the 4th. The restaurant was busy but not overly busy. The layout of the buffet is a very poor design. The place was not very clean. Too few staff on duty.
There were 4 people in front of my wife and I for omelets and we waited 25 minutes. We chose to go to the omelette station because there were 8 people waiting for kitchen staff to refill the scrambled egg tray. I felt sorry for the man making the omelettes. He was trying to do a good job. He was making omelettes and waffles at the same time with inadequate space and slow cook tops.
I had 2 over easy eggs, which were great. The bacon was under cooked the sausage was over cooked the biscuits were hard and we didn't get coffee until we were half way through our meal.
At one point I heard an employee make a statement to the manager, laughingly saying "another happy customer?" I saw the manager just roll her eyes and shake her head as if she didn't care or had no control. We have been to Golden Corral in several states and have had good experiences.
We will not be going back any time soon to this one.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bruce E
New York
“Fresh, plentiful & cheap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is the second Golden Coral have eaten at. I continue to be surprised by the quality and quantity of the food for the price. Everything was fresh and at a proper temperature and replenished often. A good, cheap meal with a pleasant wait staff.

• Visited March 2014
New Jersey
“Went two night in a row”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Hey it's pretty good compared to some of the buffets I have been to. My favs were:
The fried fish
Pot roast
And the banana pudding

Baltimore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hit and Miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

My husband and I go to the Golden Corral in Glen Burnie approximately once a month. It is inexpensive and usually has something we like. Unlike other reviewers, I would not say it has "tons" of food choices. The salad bar, soups, chicken (baked or fried) are all good. Surprisingly, the ribs, when available, are also pretty good. The negatives are: an uncomfortable arrangement of the buffet tabels causes long lines; the kitchen seems unprepared for predictably busy periods, the service is uneven, the women's restroom is untidy. Why do we go back so frequently? Sometimes you don't know what you want to eat and don't want to spend a lot of money, and, we keep hoping it will improve.

• Visited November 2013