“gluten free excellence”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: RT 32
Transit: None
Reviewed 12 December 2012

As someone who always has to be careful what he eats ( no Gluten, wheat) I love bistro because they really cater to my needs and make sauces with no gluten!! The food is incredible, with a relaxing atmosphere. Especially when they have live music.

Reviewed 1 December 2012

We tried this restaurant soon after it opened and it was a disaster. Went there again last night and it was delightful. Had a chance to speak with the owner, who explained the growing pains of opening a high end restaurant in a part of Howard County where nothing comparable existed. We also met two couples that are regulars and they raved about this place. Menu is intriguing, designed by the previous chef at Iron Bridge Wine Company, one of Howard County's best restaurants. We tried the filet mignon special and the lobster pasta. Both delicious, specially the steak. I had a lobster biske that was Perfect. Dessert chesse was very well plated and with a good combination of flavors. There is a great selection of wines, beers, ports and wisky. We are defenitely returning. Make reservations, specially on the week-end. It's expensive.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

I hesitate to complain because the taste of the food was exceptional. We both started with crab & acorn bisque and it was delicious. I had a lamb ragout w/gnocchi entree and while it was delicious, there was probably 1/2 c. of the seasoned, shredded lamb and 5-6 gnocchi. No bread or any starch to go with the meal, it is as if the kitchen assumes you'll be getting multiple courses but the prices are leaning toward the high side for ordering multiple courses.

Our server was very slow, her tableside commentary was bordering on rude. I was not impressed with her, I could hear another server and he was much different. I doubt we'll go back.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

My wife and I have been going to Bistro Blanc for years. The owner, staff, manager, and Chef Dixon are totally professional. This restaurant is the best restaurant in Howard County MD bar none. When local restaurant in Lisbon MD (Drovers) failed to notify us that they would not be opening the night we had reservations for my wedding party, we quickly called Bistro Blanc and made reservations that evening for our party of 18. As usual, the food and fine dining service was spectacular. Great wine selections, wine machine (sample up to 18 different wines), top-notch food, and deserts out of this world... mmmm. We try to make it to BB at least once a month.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

We had a great dinner with some friends at a late Friday evening seating (8pm).
Service was excellent, wine pairing very good.
Food - hmmm - soup: creamy squash was excellent, pate : consistency and taste could be improved, fish : a little salty, which made the almost not-seasoned meat ( following the fish) appear bland.
All over all not a bad experience, alas not more than 3-4 stars.