“Still hungry!”

Bistro Blanc
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: RT 32
Transit: None
baltimore
“Still hungry!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

The portions are ridiculously small and overpriced. Three small slices of beets in appetizer. Maybe six brussel sprouts in appetizer and a $10 small small bowl of mushroom soup. So $30 for appetizers. When the entrees came it got really crazy. The shorts ribs was one rib. It looked like a brownie bite. The food tasted great but everyone was still hungry. At over $100 per couple we opted to get dessert elsewhere. We couldn't take a chance on the size of the desserts. Restaurant is beautiful and mixed drinks were great. I like artsy beautiful food but do not skimp on food items that cost basically nothing. We are not huge eaters and were still hungry.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank jumponin

Clarksville, md
“Great food but took way too long”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I have tried this restaurant 4 times and all four times, the food took way way too long. We had a 8:15 reservation and we did not get our food until 9:30. It was great food but I was so annoyed by the time we received it, it was hard to enjoy. The same thing happened the other 3 times I went there. Such a shame because the food is outstanding. But paying over $200 for food that took way too long is unacceptable. I will not be returning.

Visited February 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Always a delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

The food shines here, though once or twice there has been a miscue as far as brunch (could it be a pinch hitter chef). Excellent martinis and other mixed drinks and the wine selection is first rate. There's a separate pastry chef and some of the concoctions for dessert are excellent. A winner.

• Visited December 2013
Columbia, Maryland
“Restaurant Week Meal was a total BUST!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

My husband and I went here during restaurant week (Friday night before it ended) because he'd heard so much hype from a coworker.

We were immediately impressed with the "ambiance" - the wine selection and yes, the enfamous wine dispensers. Our server was very gracious and lovely too. But after that...nothing impressed us.

We ordered the prefix 3-course menu. I had the shrimp carbonara...and I'm sorry but shrimp in the form of pasta noodles was just too weird for me. I didn't enjoy at all. Hubby had the meatballs and thank goodness. He's a pretty sturdy (athletic) built guy...and his main course which was called "flank steak" was nothing more than two steak/beef nuggets. I had the same thing...neither of us really cared for the egg, but I ate it because I was still hungry. Dessert - I lucked out vs. him...I had the chocolate flourless cake...he had the creme brulee. He was wishing he had mine! LOL

We each had a glass of wine...he ordered a second. Then we got the bill...it was $120+!!! It was more than that the 1st time actually but then we were like "we thought the wine was 2 glasses for $14...we had gotten charged $14 PER GLASS! Our server thought we wanted "a la carte" wine vs. off the menu...she fixed it immediately and we ended up ordering that 4th glass of wine to be sure to get the special pricing. We consumed more alcohol than food on our plates! (ha ha ha)

Needless to say, we were still HUNGRY as HECK...spent $120...and left feeling very disappointed. Maybe we should just go for wine because clearly the menu setup/selection is not for us. We could have gone to Stanford Grill or Grill 620 and been sure to have a full stomach for half the price. We don't mind spending some $$$ for a phenomenal yet filling meal with great wine/cocktails. But this just missed the mark for us.

• Visited January 2014
Maryland
“Fine Food, Fine Decor, Perfect Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Dined last nite at Bistro Blanc. Another wonderful meal. Lucked out with an extension on the restaurant week menu. Started with the potato soup and my husband had the shrimp carbonara--great beginning and mine was paired with a California Chardonnay. For an entree, the polenta lasagna paired with a Muga Riojo Spanish wine was outstanding and so rich. My husband had the flank steak with red potato, purple cauliflower, and a six minute egg, a great mix of tastes. The pear crisp matched well with lemon ice cream but I would choose my husband's standby choice of chocolate ganache. Sara was our server, attentive, helpful and well versed in the menu. Just a delightful evening in a charming restaurant. One is surrounded by an incredible collection of wines. This restaurant keeps its high standards. Kudos to the chef!

• Visited January 2014