“Great value, great service, clean”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Grantsville
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Every year we have a family reunion in the area and had been hesitant to stay here, but this year we decided to give it another try.....now.....since it became a Comfort Inn within the last year or so. WE WERE PLEASED with the value and great location (right off of 68). We were close to our family reunion activities and didn't have to drive at night back to Frostburg (where we had stayed before in previous years). They have done a great job in renovating the place. The indoor pool area with arcade and workout facility is also renovated. Rooms are clean, beds comfortable (although small), and the free breakfast in the morning helps with our budget! DEFINITELY a place we will stay again when we come up.

Room Tip: Ask for a room either on the 1st or 2nd floor....because the elevator is slow.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here one night and it was very clean and the beds get 8 out of 10 points for comfort. It had an indoor pool, a little on on cool side and many other amenities. Nearby we discovered neat place to eat called Penn Alps Restaurant & Craft Shop, a German buffet and it was wonderful. I will definitely satay there again when passing through.

Room Tip: Very quiet on third floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2014

And that's a very friendly and helpful staff. The hotel was clean, the breakfast was good, and the room was adequate. And yet, it was a great stay because the staff was so kind and thoughtful. They helped us find a good rate for a night's stay and replaced a forgotten toothbrush, all with care and concern.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Clean, standard hotel...but, not designed for tall people. Like entering a slightly smaller parallel universe. I am 5'7 and my husband 6'2". MY feet hung over the end of the bed, and my head was above the level of the shower head. I could use the mirror, but my DH had to bend over to see to shave. He didn't fit on the bed even diagonally. Weird. Never had a stay in a hotel like this before.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Check in was very quick and staff was nice. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I had trouble with the wi-fi and the lady down stairs helped me with the connection. Never could get facebook at the hotel room. The first day breakfast was good. The second day the round eggs were soaking in something and the sausages were swimming around. Many guests looked and walked away. I told the lady about it. The coffee and waffle were good both days. The ceiling tile in the bathroom was leaking and we called the office. I saw the maid and the maintenance man in the hall soon after I called and they knew about the problem.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I violated their no pets policy when I brought my cat into our room. No contact, no communication, just a $350 charge on my business charge card. Pretty raunchy in my opinion. They don't have to concern themselves with providing an service for me ever again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Miriam S
travelreviewer2, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the issue you had with being charged a pet fine on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with the staff, but they was only doing their job as dirrected by management. There are signs on all entrances into the hotel stating that we do not accept pets and when you sign in upon check in you sign the folio paper stating that you agree to a $350 pet fine for having a pet in the hotel that is not a service dog due to a no pet policy.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Grantsville.

Kind Regards,

Dave Patel
Comfort Inn, Grantsville MD
301-895-5993

Reviewed 23 May 2014

A good place to stay while visiting Falling Water. The check in clerk seemed a bit disinterested. Located just off the highway, but it was quiet and I slept well. The room was on the small size for a king bed room. Breakfast was filling but average.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantsville
Casselman Inn
#2 of 6 in Frostburg
11 mi away
Quality Inn & Suites Frostburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hazelton/Bruceton Mills

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!