“Disappointing crabs”

Cuisines: Seafood
Description: 410) 827-8923
Description: 410) 827-8923
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I am sorry to express our disappointment with the #1 steamed crabs we purchased yesterday. We had planned to purchase a bushel of #1's for a party on Saturday but will not buy them here. The seasoning was extremely salty which we could have dealt with by removing most of it from the crabs and keeping our hands clean. There were 4 paper shells and 2 marginal crabs among the dozen we purchased to check out before buying a bushel for Saturday. That really isn't acceptable. I don;t think there should be any paper shells among the #1's, possibly 1 may slip through but this was very poor culling of the crabs.

2  Thank billw336

Reviewed 16 June 2013

We have had a few sub par batches from Hunters this season. #1 crabs that are #2 at other places and some not so fresh ocean scallops. They were spot on during oyster season, large meaty sucked ready for stew or frying.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I live about 5 miles from this fish market and have found the quality of the fish extremely fresh with a lot of choices...The market is owned by a waterman family and I want to support local businesses here....I have been going here weekly to buy my fish for about 2 years now and have never been disappointed..The rockfish and crab cakes and cod are wonderful.

1  Thank Stephadele
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I have been going here for years, enjoy seeing familiar faces and lately some new ones too! Like the new updates! You can get food to go (platters, macaroni salad, potato salad, etc.) but mainly a seafood market that offers free steaming. Best price on fresh wild salmon!

1  Thank John Z
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Simply, this is a find. These are real people doing an honestly great service for us all. The freshest seafood, no pretense, just honest presentation. Not to be missed.

1  Thank Castroa