“poor”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Grasonville
Springfield va, United States
“poor”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

There are many reasons that we, my wife and I, are very dissatisfied with our stay at this hotel. The room we requested and pre-paid for was not available: We requested a two queen bed nonsmoking room on the first floor for our stay 1 through 4 Aug. This was not available! Instead the only room that was available was a single king size bed on the 4th floor. If this was not bad enough, the elevator was not working and had not been working when we made our reservations. This was not indicated neither on the web site nor during the phone call did we make before we arrived. My wife has arthritis; I have a bad back and our dog has hip dysplasia. Had we known the elevator was out and that our room was going to be on the fourth floor we would have cancelled. We both feel that your hotel took a bad advantage of us. And once we were standing in the lobby on a Friday night with no other options at other hotels, we were both furious.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Dave T
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Kent Narrows Inn, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
While it is disheartening to have failed to meet your expectations, we appreciate the opportunity to express our sincere apologies for the frustrations you experienced during your stay. We take all guest concerns and feedback very seriously and you can be assured that we will look into your concerns. We hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Lusby, Maryland
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I were celebrating a night away from stresses. As soon as we got there, we were greeted by a very friendly and helpful woman at the front desk. She did inform us that the elevator was broken. I had read reviews on here so I expected that. I didn't realize our room would be on the 4th floor!! They did offer to help us with our luggage, but it is a lot of stairs every time you want to leave your room. The room was very nice and very clean. We got the whirlpool room and it worked great. The stresses melted away. I had also read that a rooms on the backside of the building were ridiculously loud because of the highway. Maybe those people went at a different time of the year, because with our air conditioner on, we didn't hear any outside noise.

We used the weight room, which was ok. Three machines which was plenty for the two of us. Everything was automatic. The lights and air came on when you entered and the machines came on when you started moving. The tv didn't work, which was a big deal for my husband, not so much for me.

The continental breakfast was very good and the area was well kept and clean. The woman taking care the breakfast was friendly and "on the ball".

All in all a nice place to stay. We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Kent Narrows Inn, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for trusting the Best Western Kent Narrows for your recent Get Away! We are delighted that you had a peaceful stay and enjoyed relaxing in one of our Whirlpool Bathtubs.

Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback on your stay. We appreciate your comments on our friendly, helpful staff, clean rooms and great amenities. We take pride in our hotel and the services that we offer and a great review from a TripAdvisor Senior Contributor such as yourself means the world to us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Harpers Ferry, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Friendly staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds. Really couldn't ask for a better stay. My husband and I were both surprised how pleasant everything was. The restaurants across the street were fun and felt like a destination rather than somewhere to stop coming home from vacation. We had our 7 year old with us, and since it was early we were able to go to some of the outdoor bayside restaurants with her. She also swam in the indoor pool and it was very clean.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Kent Narrows Inn, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
At the Best Western Kent Narrows, we want all our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations and your comments are the seal of approval on our efforts. Thank you for trusting us with your hotel needs and for your compliments on our friendly staff, clean rooms and comfortable bed. We are delighted you arrived early enough to enjoy some of the wonderful restaurants close by the restaurant as well as our indoor pool.
It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. We hope you will consider us as a destination for your next vacation rather than a stop-over!
Derwood, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Elevator not working, moved to a room at the far end of hotel signage was poor. Exits hard to find. Location was good for the event I as attending. Location right off highway was nice. Room was clean and tidy.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Kent Narrows Inn, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate your comments on our convenient location and neat, tidy rooms. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused by the elevator being out during your stay. We are working hard to have it repaired as quickly as possible and to keep the impact on our guests to a minimum. We are glad that other aspects of your stay were agreeable. We hope that your travels will permit a return visit soon.
California, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel has issues. Their elevator has been out of order for weeks, a fact they do not disclose to you until after you are registered and they have your credit card. They lack the courtesy of having someone available to carry heavy bags if you're on the 4th (most expensive) floor. Toilet was yellow, sheets never changed, never heard a vacuum. A very loud band plays on the weekends from an adjacent restaurant that you will certainly enjoy whether you like it or not.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Ronald C
While it is very challenging to hear that a guest's stay fell below our typical high standards for the hotel, feedback from our guests is invaluable in helping us to ensure that future guests do not encounter the same concerns. Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointments that occurred during your stay. We are especially sorry for the inconvenience caused by the elevator not working during your stay. We did have staff members available to help carry any luggage up and I am sorry if this was not made clear to you when you checked in.
We have very high standards for the cleanliness and maintenance of our rooms and we are very disappointed to hear that these standards were not met during your stay. I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping department. We hope that you will stay with us again soon so that we may have the opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The only issue we had was the elevator did not work this weekend. The customer service was great and every one - cleaners to desk clerks were so nice and professional. We celebrated a birthday and had approximately 10 rooms - it was wonderful! We enjoyed every minute! Thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Kent Narrows for your recent birthday celebration! We are delighted to hear that you received excellent customer service from our staff and that you enjoyed your stay. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience caused by the elevator not working during your stay, but we are pleased that other aspects of your stay were enjoyable. Please consider yourselves officially welcomed back!
Macedonia, Ohio
Reviewed 17 July 2014

BEDBUGS. My sister and I stayed here for three nights for a family funeral. After the first night my sister noticed a blood smear under her pillow and an odd looking dead bug near it. We didn't really know anything about bedbugs to know what we were dealing with. We did call housekeeping and requested our beds be completely remade while we were out that day, which they did. During the second night I felt something bite my back and swatted at it half asleep. I woke in the morning to a blood smear on my shirt and what appeared to be parts of a dead bug in the sheets. Only upon returning home and researching what we saw on the bed did we realize that we indeed had bedbugs in our hotel room on both beds and of course after we had already unpacked our luggage unknowingly. I pray that we didn't bring something home with us in our luggage, but regardless will be spending countless hours doing laundry and following the mind-boggling guidelines for how to kill/protect from a traveling infestation. I am sick to my stomach thinking how when I arrived home I left my clothing from my suitcase in our basement laundry area with other clothes from my family to be washed...
I called the hotel and the desk clerk seemed very uninterested. He said he would take my information and have the manager call me back, however, I don't even believe he was writing down the phone number. Unbelievable end to a very sad trip, indeed.

Room Tip: Don't. Don't stay here at all. The view isn't worth it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Kent Narrows Inn, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
All guest concerns and feedback are taken very seriously by our employees and management staff at the hotel. We apologize that our staff did not effectively communicate how seriously we take any report of a potential pest issue in a guest room – particularly bed bugs. Like any well-managed hotel should, we have a professional pest extermination company that comes to the hotel on a regular basis and performs inspections and preventative treatment. Our staff goes through great lengths to ensure that our rooms are properly cleaned and regularly inspected in addition to this routine maintenance performed by a licensed exterminator. Upon receiving your feedback we immediately put this room off-market and called the pest extermination company to ensure that any pest problem in the room was remedied right away.
Our General Manager assures me that she has spoken with you since your stay. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to discuss them with you. We hope that you will stay with us again soon so that we will have the opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grasonville
Hilton Garden Inn Kent Island
Waterfront Historic Kent Manor Inn
St. Michaels Inn
St. Michaels Inn
#4 of 4 in St. Michaels

Been to Best Western Kent Narrows Inn? Share your experiences!