“Fresh Seafood!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Chic's Seafood
Ranked #42 of 256 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: (301) 739-8220 http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=chic%27s+seafood,+hagerstown&fb=1&gl=us&hq=chic%27s+seafood,&hnear=Hagerstown,+MD&cid=3815188812655022034
Hagerstown
“Fresh Seafood!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

If you are in the mood for some seafood, this place can't be beat. It has a wide variety of offerings and the food tastes fresh and delicious! The seating is limited, but they also offer takeout. The hush puppies are some of the best we have ever had. A great place for seafood at a reasonale price. Family friendly too!

Visited May 2012

Hagerstown, Maryland
“Really good large crabs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

One dozen of the larger crabs filled three of us with two remaining - that I took home of which I made crab cakes. The cream of crab soup
with large chunks of back fin crab meat was excellent.
When we go back again, we will definately order the large crabs over the medium or small sizes....less picking and more enjoyment.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank jeanne223614
Martinsburg, West Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cheated then Poisoned ???”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

My husband and I had crabs from Chic's for our wedding. We were told that it was the best seafood restaurant in the area. We decided to have dinner there. The staff was very nice and we became regular patrons. Then stuff started happening. First we went and were told there were no large males. We ordered the medium. Waitress came back to say that they did have large. When they came they were mediums but we were charged for large. Not being a couple who loses heart quickly we continued to patronize. Then on a carry out order, I asked them to fry some scallops for me. I chose them from the raw display. When I got home they were their regular scallops and were about 1/3 the size I chose. Still trying to hang on we went bsack for dinner. My husband had the clams on the 1/2 shell. We ordered crabs at the table and before
leaving we ordered 1/2 dozen of the same size crabs. Again, when we got home they were small. Don't know what is going on with them but will never go back because my husband was sick for 3 days. Can't say it was the food but you can draw your own conclusions.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MsBee560
Greencastle, PA
“if you want seafood go to the shore - avoid”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

I get the idea this place has a loyal following - it would have to in order to survive in the condition it is in. The decorations are tired, the food is greasy, and while friendly the staff was a bit dim when it came to knowledge of the menu.

tired recipes and the smell of old crab carapace do not create an atmosphere to which I want to return.

Visited November 2011
Hagerstown, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Returning Customer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

I have been going here for years, I have had a variety of their dishes. My absolute favorite is the medium steamed shrimp made with old bay. I love love love it. Everything we have ever had there has been good. Its consistent everytime we go there we KNOW it will be good, who else can you say that about?

• Visited February 2012