“Terrible place”

Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Texas
“Terrible place”
Reviewed 9 August 2005

Our one night at this hotel was a nightmare. The blanket on the bed was torn, wireless access did not work, stains on the carpet. The AC did not work right and every time the compressor kicked in the room smelled like smoke. So much so that at one point I got up and checked the hallway to make sure the hotel wan not on fire! The toaster in the breakfast bar did not work and there was no attendant on duty. The pillows were like rocks.The next morning when I went to make coffee in the room...the coffee cups were not wrapped in plastic as they usually are in hotels...the first one I picked up was ALREADY USED! I took it to the front desk clerk when we checked out and complained about the condition of the room. All he offered was a $10.00 refund on the room. Unbelieveable. Would never stay there again.

1 Thank kimrice03

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Bridgeport, West Virginia
Reviewed 24 July 2005

We stayed at this hotel July 22 and 23, 2005.

It was very nice nice hotel, plus i had stayed there before and it was also great then.

THese rooms are very nice and larger than normal room and bathroom. THere is a light directly above the shower, which I especially love.

Lobby nice and clean. Staff helpful.

Breakfast was very nice, good variety.

We had a room facing the interstate and over the air conditioners and we thought we might have a problem with noise but NO COMPLAINTS---i did not hear any traffic or excessive noise from the air conditioners.

Our hallway was rather quiet. I think once we heard some louder than normal people talking loud on the way to their room.

Close to mall and many restaurants. Reasonable rates.

Will stay here next time i am in Hagerstown, MD.

Stayed July 2005
4 Thank wvshopper
Reviewed 21 February 2005

I stayed here on business and this is probably was my worst one night hotel stay. What happened to me here is probably an extreme situation but here it goes.

I arrived here at 10:00 p.m. as my flight was late. I was checked in by a man in his 60's who was probably the meanest and rudest hotel front desk clerk I ever encountered. He seemed much more interested in reading his newspapers than doing his job and was visibly annoyed that I arrived and interrupted his reading. He looked at my credit card and driver's license like they were alien. He finally gave me a room key after looking over my license as if he had never seen one before. The room was fine. It was new, clean and the bed was comfortable.

I hadn't eaten dinner as of yet so I went downstairs to ask where I could go. The grumpy guy in the front pointed at a candy machine! After I turned that down, he gave me directions to a truck stop on the highway which is where I ended up going as he claimed this was the nearest place that was open. I later learned this was not true.

I got back just after 12 and the same guy quizzed me on who I was and what I was doing there as if he had never seen me before. I showed him my room key and then he wanted i.d. which I gave him.

I went to my room and then to bed. I woke up at 6:00 a.m. to the sound of hammering from the lobby! I was right above the lobby which made it even worse. I called downstairs and the person who answered the phone claimed that repairs were being made and didn't seem to care.

I didn't bother to stay for breakfast and got out of there as quick as I could. Ironically, the clerk at the desk when I checked out was very polite and friendly. When she asked if everything was okay, I said: "No. This was a horrible stay." She looked at me surprised and in disbelief and said that she would get the manager if I wanted her to. I turned it down and left. I promised myself never to go back there even though I am in Hagerstown a few times a year.

1 Thank timman19
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 November 2004

Nice place, very clean. Friendly staff. Think it's a little pricey, but considering the alternatives in the Hagerstown area, this is worth the few extra bucks.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2004

We have to disagree. We have stayed at this hotel several times and it is clean, not noisy and a pleasant stay.
We are both business people. We conduct our phone calls and emails from our room at night. It was very quiet. I do agree about the high speed, but oh well.

It is a joy to stay at this establishment.

2 Thank kimmarlin
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 January 2004

This is a newer hotel in Hagerstown, Maryland so the rooms and common areas are in good condition. However this hotel is extremely noisy for a business traveler. I was unable to conduct business conference calls in my room due to hallway noise, even though I brought this to management's attention. The lack of high-speed internet access for VPN connectivity to business computer services makes this business traveler look for other hotels in this area. I travel to Hagerstown about 20 times a year, but sorry Holiday Inn Express...you've lost my business.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member