“It's OK” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Melbourne, Australia
“It's OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

Stayed here for a night on a business trip.

The good:
Close to Premium Outlets Hagerstown and lots of fast food joints
Cheap-ish (I payed $89USD + tax = ~$100USD for 1 night for a king bed room in Dec 11, not bad)
Nice LCD flat screen TV, about 37 inches
Clean
Decent pillows and bed
Free Wi-Fi, pretty good speed too
Handy free parking
Room is spacious enough

The average:
Wooden decor a bit dated, but not too bad despite some wear (expected)
Pets allowed - good if you like pets I guess
Average room freebies apart from internet - coffee machine but only two satchels (ordinary plus decaf), and paper cups
Staff reception was nothing to shout about - ordinary at best
The exterior of the hotel paints it as more modern than it actually is - that said, it's not really old inside, just a tad 'tired' in some parts

The not so good:
TV reception on some channels poor

Other than that, nothing bad at all really. It's pretty good hotel.

Definitely above average, but not too far above. That said, I would probably stay again, truth be known. TA recommendations didn't really let me down at all - got what I expected.

Room Tip: Request a room on a level that doesn't have pets, if you want to avoid being on the same floor a...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

Great location with EZ on/off I70. Quiet with near by walkable restaurants. Convenient for hiking in South Mtn. Recreation Area, Catoctin National Forest, & for Civil War buffs, Antietam/Harpers Ferry via adjacent Rte. 65. Premium Outlets a very short distance away. Excellent value with clean, comfortable rooms, computer access, free breakfast, pool, exercise room. All staff were very friendly, courteous, accommodating, thankful for our business. Manager Kathy V. went out of her way to accommodate us. We liked it so much we ended up staying 4 nights because of the quiet, convenient location, an abundance of sites in the area we were interested in seeing & hiking, & because the staff made us feel so welcome.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Hagerstown, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

I had booked rooms for my family to attend my parents surprise birthday party. The customer service that I received was great! They were extremely helpful with my booking and when my family called in to reserve a room, they received the same great service. The check in process was flawless and the rooms were clean and welcoming! My family was very appreciative of the closeness to the interstate, shopping and dining that this hotel provided. Thanks again!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

We were passing through town and wanted to hit the Outlet Mall before continuing on our way. I surveyed several of the hotels in the area and thought they were a little pricey so we settled on the Sleep Inn based on the price and reviews. Several people noted how friendly the staff was and we agree. The frond desk staff was friendly and efficient. The room was clean and nicely furnished and I though a good deal for the money as it was less expensive than some of the other hotels. The breakfast was routine but adequate for us. The mall was just a few minutes away. All in all we were happy with the accommodations and price and would return if in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Columbia, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

Because of business, I drive through Hagerstown going south every August, and always make a stop at this hotel. I have my wife, young son, and dog with me, and we like this place a lot because it is reliable, clean, reasonably priced, friendly service, and obviously pet friendly. Conveniently located off the highway, near the crossing of I-81 and I-70 so really doubly well-located. Whether it was getting a crib for our then-baby, or a rollaway for our now-toddler, front desk service has ALWAYS been efficient and friendly (we've stayed here 4 consecutive years). As others have noted, several eating options nearby. Breakfast not the most elaborate but acceptable...maintenance of this was a little less tidy this trip than past ones. Otherwise, property has always seemed generally clean and well-maintained to me. We will continue to make use of this stop for years to come, probably.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

I stopped for one night on a motorcycle trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway. My room wasn't ready so I got an upgrade to a king suite with a jacuzzi. Can't complain there. The room was quiet and well furnished, the bed comfy and the jacuzzi was great after 8 hours on the bike. Several fast food restaurants are within walking distance as is a Cracker Barrel but that is about it for dining without going for another ride. I asked and was allowed to keep my bike under the entry canopy. Only 2 downsides - I did notice the room was not as clean as I am accustomed - like some hairs on the bathroom floor, and the breakfast lacked hot items except for the DIY waffles.
The fresh fruit bowl with cut up melon, oranges and pineapple made up for it though. Check in and out was quick and easy.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Ocean City, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

We recently had to evacuate O.C, Maryland due to hurricane Irene. We went as far inland as we could to be safe. This Sleep Inn was clean, took our dog, and treated us like one of their own. The staff we interacted with( Tina,Jessica,Kathy,Deb and Wanda) were just the BEST!!! So sweet and caring during this difficult time for us. I have already recommended this hotel to friends that travel back and forth from PA to MD. Do not hesitate to stay at this fine hotel!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family