“Good choice” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dexter, New York
“Good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

We needed a stop half way to home and found this hotel.
Room was spacious and clean.
Hand held shower was leaking from the hose.
A bunch of lights out in the pool area, I let the desk know and they were aware.
Seems to be a safety issue, a family came in when we were using the pool,
Spa was heated just right.
One of the best equipped exercise room I've seen, included resistance equipment.
Breakfast was mediocre.

Room Tip: I don't think they have a bad room.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KeithA149
sismd133, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Hagerstown, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean spacious rooms and our well equipped fitness room. I want to assure you that the issues that you mentioned have been corrected. The service technician couldn't make it out until the next morning to repair our lights. They are all on now. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I want to mention that we will be adding more hot items to our breakfast bar in the next couple of months as part of our Brand Refresh. I appreciate the feed back and look forward to your next stay with us. If there is anything that I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 301-766-9449.

Kathy Vrcic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

This was a hotel that we stayed at duing a cross country trip. The hotel is very clean, room was decent - not 5 star, but a comfortable nights sleep and it was pet friendly which was great to accomodate our 70lb dog. We booked through AAA so got a great rate. Free breakfast was also really nice before hitting the road.. the waffles are the best part - but they also had cereal, yogurt, fruit, etc. Easily accessible from the highway.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review! It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Your 4 legged family member is always welcome here! Our staff works hard to ensure that every guest has a wonderful experience. We were ranked "Exceptional" in our recent inspection from Choice Hotels with a 98.1 score in cleanliness. Our goal is to provide you with great service, clean rooms, and exceptional value! It is nice to know that we are meeting that objective. Please remember us when you return to Hagerstown! We look forward to your next stay with us!

Kathy Vircic
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

I have spent many nights here this last year on business trips. This hotel has reasonable rates (keeps the "bean counters" happy and also provides clean decent accomodations. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. There are many choices near by for meals, shopping, entertainment. I find that this type of hotel meets my needs while on the road.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience by writing a review! I appreciate the repeat business. Having so many choices for food and shopping within walking distance is one of the benefits that we hear frequently from our guests. Having a restaurant within walking distance that is open 24 hours a day is an added bonus. I am happy that our hotel fits your needs for business travel, and we will continue to do our best to earn your future business. If there is anything that I can assist you with for future stays, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-766-9449.

Kathy Vrcic
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

Stayed here for a night on a business trip.

The good:
Close to Premium Outlets Hagerstown and lots of fast food joints
Cheap-ish (I payed $89USD + tax = ~$100USD for 1 night for a king bed room in Dec 11, not bad)
Nice LCD flat screen TV, about 37 inches
Clean
Decent pillows and bed
Free Wi-Fi, pretty good speed too
Handy free parking
Room is spacious enough

The average:
Wooden decor a bit dated, but not too bad despite some wear (expected)
Pets allowed - good if you like pets I guess
Average room freebies apart from internet - coffee machine but only two satchels (ordinary plus decaf), and paper cups
Staff reception was nothing to shout about - ordinary at best
The exterior of the hotel paints it as more modern than it actually is - that said, it's not really old inside, just a tad 'tired' in some parts

The not so good:
TV reception on some channels poor

Other than that, nothing bad at all really. It's pretty good hotel.

Definitely above average, but not too far above. That said, I would probably stay again, truth be known. TA recommendations didn't really let me down at all - got what I expected.

Room Tip: Request a room on a level that doesn't have pets, if you want to avoid being on the same floor a...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

Great location with EZ on/off I70. Quiet with near by walkable restaurants. Convenient for hiking in South Mtn. Recreation Area, Catoctin National Forest, & for Civil War buffs, Antietam/Harpers Ferry via adjacent Rte. 65. Premium Outlets a very short distance away. Excellent value with clean, comfortable rooms, computer access, free breakfast, pool, exercise room. All staff were very friendly, courteous, accommodating, thankful for our business. Manager Kathy V. went out of her way to accommodate us. We liked it so much we ended up staying 4 nights because of the quiet, convenient location, an abundance of sites in the area we were interested in seeing & hiking, & because the staff made us feel so welcome.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Hagerstown, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

I had booked rooms for my family to attend my parents surprise birthday party. The customer service that I received was great! They were extremely helpful with my booking and when my family called in to reserve a room, they received the same great service. The check in process was flawless and the rooms were clean and welcoming! My family was very appreciative of the closeness to the interstate, shopping and dining that this hotel provided. Thanks again!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

We were passing through town and wanted to hit the Outlet Mall before continuing on our way. I surveyed several of the hotels in the area and thought they were a little pricey so we settled on the Sleep Inn based on the price and reviews. Several people noted how friendly the staff was and we agree. The frond desk staff was friendly and efficient. The room was clean and nicely furnished and I though a good deal for the money as it was less expensive than some of the other hotels. The breakfast was routine but adequate for us. The mall was just a few minutes away. All in all we were happy with the accommodations and price and would return if in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple