Please note that I was given a handicapped room (without requesting it); other rooms are probably different, but better or worse, I can’t say. The room was very large, but some of it unusable as it was at the entrance to the room and next to the bathroom. I wish I could find a motel like this when I travel with my bicycle.
The other positives were a huge bathroom and a 32” flat-panel TV with lots of channels. Also, I had a very helpful receptionist. The negatives were a bed like a trampoline, and absolutely nowhere to put any toiletries in that huge bathroom except on the back of the toilet which sloped down to…you guessed it. I would think they would be even more considerate of the handicapped.
The entries to all rooms is from corridors, which adds security to a motel in this industrial section of town (the motel is west of I-81; most others are east). I recommend staying here because it is clean and quiet, and other rooms may be better.
Scooper47’s top tips: 1. If you want to watch a special event on TV, such as a sporting event, this is definitely a good place to stay in this price range. Great TV with true high def channels.
2. The heater blew air up behind the curtain, which I hate. Prop the Bible and the phone book against the curtain so that the air blows out into the room, protecting your privacy.
3. If you get a normal room, please indicate here what the differences were from my room.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Super 8 Hagerstown/Halfway Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Hagerstown/Halfway Area Hotel Hagerstown
- Super Eight Hagerstown
- Hagerstown Super Eight
- Hagerstown Super 8
- Super8 Halfway Hagerstown Area