“Hard to say”

Super 8 Hagerstown/Halfway Area
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Please note that I was given a handicapped room (without requesting it); other rooms are probably different, but better or worse, I can’t say. The room was very large, but some of it unusable as it was at the entrance to the room and next to the bathroom. I wish I could find a motel like this when I travel with my bicycle.

The other positives were a huge bathroom and a 32” flat-panel TV with lots of channels. Also, I had a very helpful receptionist. The negatives were a bed like a trampoline, and absolutely nowhere to put any toiletries in that huge bathroom except on the back of the toilet which sloped down to…you guessed it. I would think they would be even more considerate of the handicapped.

The entries to all rooms is from corridors, which adds security to a motel in this industrial section of town (the motel is west of I-81; most others are east). I recommend staying here because it is clean and quiet, and other rooms may be better.

Scooper47’s top tips: 1. If you want to watch a special event on TV, such as a sporting event, this is definitely a good place to stay in this price range. Great TV with true high def channels.

2. The heater blew air up behind the curtain, which I hate. Prop the Bible and the phone book against the curtain so that the air blows out into the room, protecting your privacy.

3. If you get a normal room, please indicate here what the differences were from my room.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 December 2012

We arrived at Super8 Motel Truck Stop on Wednesday 26 P.M.. We were a little worried when we checked in at the front desk in the dark and the girl , no name badge, was eatting what appearred to be McDonalds. My wife and I comment on the way to the room, it must be dirty. Turn the lights off to hide the dust and dirt. Came back to the desk later for directions to find the Front Desk Girl stuffing Pizza in her mouth. Answered our questions while chewing and did not stop eatting. Left and returned to the dark dungeon lobby and noticed her eatting chips and large soda. We stopped again to ask for a wake up. She never got out of her chair, never stopped eatting chips, never apologized for talking with food in her mouth. Apparently this motel does not give breaks. Or based on size of front desk girl, she likes to eat. The room was clean and to our surprise, nice. Never did see the lobby in the light that night. Our hopes were spared during check out. The guy at the desk Donnie was very pleasant and attentive. Far cry from the unprofessional, rude young lady who checked us in. Check in during the day, I guess for good customer service. Check in at night and you will be made to feel you are interupting the feeding frenzy at check in evenings. Just sad and unproffessional in so many ways. Tip: Pay the light bill, so you have lights?

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank williampalmbch
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank PENNY A
phyllisf_12, General Manager at Super 8 Hagerstown/Halfway Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Reviewed 14 December 2012

We are présently at this hotel, with our dog and the room is perfect, clean, room with microwave, hair dryer, bathroom clean...tv flat panel.
if all the hotel on the Intersate 81 was like this one, it will be a pleasure travely on this road.
the girl at the front desk was very nice with me, and goog price to.
sure we will come back at this place..

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mariereneec
phyllisf_12, General Manager at Super 8 Hagerstown/Halfway Area, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for your stay from all of us!
hope to see you back!

Reviewed 11 December 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for four extended periods of time this year, due to a family member's terminal illlness. The hotel is in close proximity to my family member's home, with many restaurants and stores close by. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by name, my room was always ready and clean, and they always inquired as to the status of my loved one. I cannot thank the staff enough for their kindness each and every day.Far and above what one would expect. This hotel truly felt like a "home away from home", giving me solace after an exhausting day. Offering a hair dryer, coffeepot, microwave, a fridge larger than the expected, alarm clock, a new flat screen TV, and very comfortable mattress allowed me to rest and rejuvenate. I would highly recommend this Super 8 Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Kay N
Reviewed 8 December 2012

This may not appeal to some but Jane and I are pilot car drivers that escort oversize loads. That aside, our stay was perfect. This property is clean and neat. It includes a fridge and microwave. Even though the location is right in the middle of three truck stops, our room was quiet. The price is a good value for the area and still close to all the restaurants and services in that area. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't be turned off by the truck stops around the hotel. It is clean and neat - good value for t...