Motel 6 Hagerstown
Garden Plaza Hotel(Hagerstown)
Great 4.5/5
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsup chargeparking lot isa long road tripwi fieasy accessstaff was friendlyctpetclerkcorridorhighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Stayed one night there, when returning from Toledo, OH, to Washington D.C. international airport for returning to Europe. Very standard road side motel, with clean rooms, clean and fresh linen, and a properly working air conditioning system.
You may spend more money in other areas.

Room Tip: Stay away from the reception side in building 1. This might get noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Detlef W
Reviewed 22 April 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our way home from South Carolina. We have stayed in a lot of hotels in the last 13 years and this was the worst. The carpet was stained, the beds were like bricks and stained as well. It smelled horrible. Car alarms were going off in the middle of the night and we could hear other guests arguing and doors slamming all night. Our door would not shut and instead of moving us to another room we were told how to hit the handle just right to get it to close. The staff was nice enough but they had people there doing work and we could not tell if the workers from loiterers. The mall is nice and it is close but the other hotels are within walking distance. We stayed on a Friday night and payed $58.00 plus tax which was $50.00 too much. Nice area but we will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Stayed overnight while traveling from TN to CT. Nothing fancy, but a nice, clean, comfortable room for the night. Check-in was smooth and easy and the lady working the front desk was very nice. I was quite fortunate that no one was in either of the rooms beside me that night...VERY nice sleeping!

I left my personal pillow by mistake in the room when I checked out; didn't realize I had left it behind it until I arrived at my CT destination. Almost a week later, when I was driving back through Hagerstown on my way home, I stopped by to see if they still had it. Not only was the pillow still there, but they washed the pillow case!

The next time I am through Hagerstown and need a place to stay, I will DEFINITELY look this Motel 6 up!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank germguy
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I have stayed many times at the Motel 6. The motel was just updated a few years ago, and the bedspreads are only a few years old. The place provides no-frills, but a safe, clean place to stay if you're in the area. Yes, you can spend more for more amenities like indoor pool, spa, breakfast buffet.... I personally find those things to be a waste of money. This Motel 6 has Ice, vending, coffee and pastries in the morning, parking in front of your room, allows dogs to stay for free and has a large grassy area for dogs to relieve themselves. The parking lot is well-lighted and as many times as I have stayed here (4, two of those times for a week each) I have never felt unsafe nor been disappointed in the service or price I payed for staying here. The area is quite safe, right across the street from a popular mall (Valley Mall) and next door to a Dollar store. Across the highway there are many, many places to eat and shop as well, and a great grocery store. I love this motel. If you want a fancy bed or more amenities, this place is NOT for you. But if you just want a bed, shower, coffee, a pool in season, quiet and convenience, this IS your place.

Room Tip: This place is across from a mall, and very near outlet mall, shopping, and lots of restaurants.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Starchyyld
Reviewed 25 May 2012

liked that it was one story outside corridors, tall fence separating from adjacent shopping center. Usual cups and soap only inside. Adequate, typical, for that I give 3 stars because nothing luxurious even if no problems.

• Stayed: May 2012