“Bare bones”

Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Bare bones”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Ended up staying two nights; real basic rooms. Dirty sheets, pay for wi-fi for EACH device, hair in bedding and towels. You get what you pay for, not much. Had unleashed dogs about and kids in the parking lot and pool. Awkward location..

Room Tip: Realize that paid wi-fi is for each device.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Blue ridge summit
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Me, my fiancé and our 2 kids stayed here for one night. We got in around 10:30pm. We called ahead of time and reserved our room and gave our credit card over the phone. The front deck lady said that we were able to come in and get the keys and room number that we were all set. Well when we get there my fiancé goes in to get the keys and room number and she was telling him a price of what we owed. He told her that we already paid over the phone and she said we had to swipe are card in the office, which was not said over the phone. We accidentally left our card in our family members vehicle so we had to wait over 20mins to get it back. So finally we get into the motel room which looked very clean. Beds were made nice, bathroom was clean but very small, didn't have shampoo just 2 bars of soap. So for future reference bring shampoo and conditioner. Had a nice flat screen tv but only had adult channels, they ahead a cartoon channel but it was adult swim. The noise from people screaming and fight was horrible. Car alarms were going off in the middle of the night. When we finally went to sleep I was tossing and turning all night because the beds were not comfortable. I woke up to bits all over my arm and some on my fiancé. Thank god my kids were in their pack n plays. We left around 11am and called the front desk to complain and the lady said that she was sorry that it had happened. She also said that a Miskito must have got into the room. But I knew for sure it wasn't a Miskito due to manys bits on my arm. We informed the gm about what happened and said they would check the room and give us a call back. Once they called back to said they had found something in the room but wouldn't inform us what they found. I would highly not recommend this motel to anyone. Very disappointed!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Bljbsj1113

Travellers are raving about these Hagerstown hotels

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The owner/manager was very rude. Our group had paid for 6 rooms, we had to leave early it was so bad. Please check anywhere but here to stay. The rooms are also loaded with dog hair, and flees. I was up most of the night getting bit by bugs.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Edwin L
East Brunswick
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel Sold one of our rooms.

I had two on online@motel 6.com confirmation numbers confirmed with a credit card for two rooms with two queen beds in each.
I also called on June 26, spoke to a gentlemen, just to let him know we would be arriving after midnight on July 5. He said no problem at all.

When we got to the motel around 1am on July 6th, the lady at the desk had one room for us. I explained I had confirmation for two. She told me she had only one reservation.
They sold one of our rooms and had NO ROOMS of any kind Left. The Lady at the desk was so rude and unresponsive. She was as unprofessional as any person could be.
So two couples took the one room and the others slept in the truck for a few hours. We were too tired to find another hotel at 1:30 am on July 4th weekend........

I travel for a living and spend many, many nights on business in hotels. My requirements are pretty simple. A room with a clean bed, a hot shower and a TV, and, I am happy.
I have been a constant loyal patron of the Motel 6 chain for a number of years.
We have stayed at this one on this weekend for the past 3 years.

It seems the new company that has bought out the Motel 6 brand about a year and a half ago, is remodeling many motels. They are starting to look nice.
But, now the customer service is diminishing and getting much worse.
The Motel 6 Chain has always been a "basic get what ya pay" for nice place to stay.

But, because of some other Motel 6 experiences, topped by this one, I guess I will continue to explore other hotel chains as better options.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I broke a trip home from Washington with an overnight stay at this motel. What a great find. Rooms have all been recently renovated, and ours (#222) was a great value at $65/night.
Close to shopping and resturants, and a 5 minute drive from the Premium Outlet Mall.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
vegwell
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Many motel chains say they are "pet friendly" but then you find out the pet has to be under 40lbs, or they charge an exorbitant pet fee daily. Not Motel 6. My 2 big dogs were just fine, with no extra fees. i like the new, more modern style of the renovated rooms. Room and bathroom were clean, no cigarette odor. It was 1 am when we checked in, and the grounds were quiet. The clerk I dealt with was extremely nice and was nice to the person who checked in before me, also. For one night, I did not care about extras. It is worth noting, however, that wifi is $2 or 3 under regular room rates. However, I had registered under the AARP rate, which made the wifi free, and gave us a 2 pm checkout.

Room Tip: Reserve under AARP rate for free wifi and late check out.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Vernon
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was travelling alone with two teenagers on the way to Florida and stopped in for the night around 10pm. The woman at the front desk was not very pleasant and gave us a handicapped room. I paid $56 for the night, average for a motel, and they offer NO basics. I was blowing my nose with toilet paper, (rough paper at that), no shampoo, conditioner, zip, and the towels were dirty with fingerprints on them and felt slightly better than sandpaper. When I asked about this the next morning, I was told it is a 'Motel 6 thing'; it's how they save money. When I asked why we were given a handicapped room, which was awkward, the response was the woman from the night before was trying to slight the woman now working at the desk. I will not go back again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family