“One of the best stays we had”
Review of Motel 6 Hagerstown

Motel 6 Hagerstown
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Rome, Pennsylvania
“One of the best stays we had”
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We had a very good stay at this Motel 6 in Hagerstown, MD. The staff was friendly and helpful with whatever we needed or asked for. Motel 6 was also reasonable priced and what we were looking for. It is within walking distance of the Valley Mall, if you wish to walk, and several well known restaurants. The hotel room was spacious and the beds comfortable. All we had to do was ask the front desk for information and they were very helpful in giving the information. I would defiantly recommend this place to those who wish to find a place that is reasonable priced, comfortable, and friendly.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 June 2010

We've stayed at the Hagerstown Clarion many times (all good!), but decided to save a few $ on this trip. The Motel 6 was very acceptable. Luckily, I packed our travel clock, shampoo, and hairdryer. For the price, our room was surprisingly spacious and comfortably furnished. More importantly, it was clean. The parking was ample and we felt safe returning to our room late after a family reunion. I usually awaken several times a night at motels, but all was quiet and we slept well. As other reviewers mentioned, this motel is conveniently located for shopping and dining. We didn't have time to swim in the pool. Unless we're too tempted by the Clarion's indoor pool-side lounge, we'll stay at the Motel 6 on our next trip to Hagerstown.

Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Tennessee
Reviewed 1 June 2010

We read reviews and decided to stop here for an overnight stay during a long trip. We arrived around midnight and felt safe being there that late. We got our room and it was pretty clean, very basic. Smelled a little stale at first but that left quickly with air conditioning on. We had a room with two double beds. Linens were clean, beds were adequate. There was no alarm clock at bedside, but staff offered a wake-up call. Bathroom was fairly clean with no extras. Staff was friendly. Hotel is across the street from a nice mall with several restaurants and fast food in the area. Good choice for an overnight stay on a budget.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
St. Marys, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2010

Stayed for one night while shopping in the area at the Outlet Mall. Room are O.K. and it appears that they have replaced the carpet in the last 2 or 3 years and repainted the interior of the room. The area around the motel is across from the Valley Mall so there is considerable traffic around day and night. There were several vehicles parking and driving into the parking lot during the early evening that did not appear to belong to hotel guests. Several rooms are occupied long term by people working in the area.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 3 May 2010

Maybe I need to take another look at the Motel 6 chain. I can't believe for $39 a night I am sitting in a large room with a closet, desk, counter area, kitchen table and chairs. Bedspreads, carpeting, and curtains are new. Room is clean and shower has a lot of water pressure. TV has 80 channels. Wi-fi is fast and works well, but it is an additional fee as at all other Motel 6's. Now, I'm not saying this is a five star hotel by any means, but for a stop along the highway I can't imagine why anyone would pay 3x the price elsewhere. Large regional mall across the street and easy access to I-81 and I-70.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
Houston
Reviewed 27 September 2009

This far exceeded my expectations for a no-frills hotel (espec ially after the motel 6 I stayed at the night before). Almost a "park-like" setting in a good location. Across the street from a mall and restaurants. The furnishings were typical motel 6 style, but everything was clean and in good repair. The gentleman working the front desk was on the ball too. Again, very rare in my experience.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Lake Peekskill, NY
Reviewed 22 April 2006

My husband, hounds, and I stayed here this past weekend on our way back home to NY from Tennessee. Check-in was fast, friendly, and easy. The room was adequate for our needs. It was fairly clean, and sparse. But you really cannot expect more for the low rate that you pay at this chain.

For more than a layover, I don't know. But the next time I come out this way, which will be this summer, I'll stay here for the night again.

• Stayed April 2006