“Spectacular Hotel to stay in!!!!!”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Hagerstown, MD
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

Wow!! This hotel was definitely the bomb!! To start off, the employes are very friendly and will help you with anything you need. The rooms are wonderful with comfortable pillows and beds with a very good sized bathrooms. The breakfast is unbelievable!! There are tons of food to choose from!! And lastly, the location is great with tons of places to eat!! We will definitely be back!!

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

When I entered the hotel it was awesome.I truly recommend this hotel for travelers.It had amazing staff and delicious breakfast.There was a fountain in the front of the hotel that looked great.The pool was great and had felt just right for swimming.Our room was clean and the beds were great.I love Maryland and I'm sure there would be no better hotel in the state.Best vacation ever!

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

Made last minute reservations while traveling through to New York. They don't accept pets but were very accommodating to my service dog. Other hotel chains have frowned at me in the past but I've never had a problem with Country Inns and Suites. The room was very large and comfortable. The beds were great after a long days drive. Hotel staff was extremely nice and the free breakfast was very good. Bacon, scrambled eggs, waffles, juice, toast, muffins, and on and on. Very tasty.
Easy off and on to the interstate. Very safe area too.
Don't forget the COOKIES!!!

travelers tip:
Be sure to sign up for the Carlson Club. We always stay at Country Inns and rarely pay full price for a room. I can use points plus $$ and almost always pay only half price. We've even stayed for Free many times. Get their Visa card and points add up even faster.

1  Thank bunnyrabbit812
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Wonderful staff. Everyone (the front desk, the breakfast staff, the cleaning staff, etc) were very attentive. We stayed here 4 nights to attend a family funeral and be with those in mourning. Hotel was clean. Bed was comfortable. We stayed in a room that was handicapped accessible as we needed it. Found the room accessible, would have preferred a roll in shower as this is easier for transfers for the person who needed it, but the tub bench helped. Only problem was a slight problem with AC, but it was during the recent heat wave. For some reason our choice was either very hot or very cold, we choose very cold and they provided extra blankets. Free breakfast was wonderful - lots of choices. Good service.

Room Tip: Found higher floors to be quieter. If need roll in shower access suggest you ask if they have avail...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Disappointed in the condition of the room. Found large toenail clipping between the beds, food on the floor, ripped bedding and an odd smell in the room. Bathroom was dark and the bath towels hung down behind the toilet lid.

• Stayed: July 2013
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Hagerstown, MD, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We were on the road traveling and had driven about 9 hours and we were exhausted. We called and Jean at the front desk was very nice. We drove off the highway and checked in. The room was comfortable and clean. I really can't complain about the price! A good place to hang for the night.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

The staff was extremely helpful. Good location. The room looked clean and had nice decor. The bed was fabulous and the shower felt great. So why the bad review??

The thermostat on our AC didn't work, so it was either freeze to death or unplug it - which was also unwelcomed since it was over 95 degrees out during our stay.

Our room was located right across from the elevators, so it was really noisy. You either heard the people or the elevators themselves running all night. The first morning, we headed out to start our adventures and found someone's underwear hanging on our door knob. Thoughtful as that was, we brought plenty so we didn't need to share.

That morning we also found little ants in the bathroom and the counter in the bedroom. The room seemed really clean, so this was a surprise.

During our last night, I awoke to some sort of bug that fell from the heavens and hit me in the face (I even heard a ricochet noise as it bounced off). I jumped up flinging sheets, pillows, arms... Thinking I launched said mystery bug somewhere off into the night a safe distance from myself and the bed, I laid back down. Not yet asleep, I felt something crawling by my elbow and proceeded to beat at the sheets and finally woke my boyfriend who thought I was dreaming...until he started flailing about and swatting at his head too. We finally had to get up, turn on the lights, and shake out the sheets.

Breakfast for either of the two mornings wasn't that great either. The hard boiled eggs were unnaturally rubbery and tasted as much. The mixed fruit had a near-spoiled taste. The sausage and potatoes were good though.

The indoor pool is small and usually filled with kids. But it was nice for a quick cool down.

We didn't bother complaining about the other stuff because we were rarely in our room and the hotel was booked up so we had no other room options anyways. (And it was the weekend of the 150th anniversary of the battle of Gettysburg, so everywhere was booked.)

The hotel had so many positives but the negatives were enough that we probably wouldn't stay here again.